1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 14:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    Me being verbose or even overly verbose is not a tactic to do anything such as discourage posters so that they to go away.

Me cramming in more points then some wish to read is just me having a few things I would [b]like
    to write in one post. We use to call that "being on a roll".

Because I realize that I have this tendency of late I break up my ...[text shortened]... regardless of their length.

I have no deliberate "tactic" to drive differing opinions away.[/b]
    And yet you have started 4 or 5 threads on this same topic of the trinity, post multiple lengthy convoluted and sometimes incomprehensible posts with each of the threads and refuse point blank to answer questions.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 14:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presumably you believe that both you and Rajk999 are "saved" because you both believe in Christ, so doesn't that create a sense of solidarity and shared identity, regardless of your differences over dogma here and there, and your relatively minor interpersonal difficulties?
    From my perspective I would call it long-suffering and forbearance.

I won't be talking to you much anymore FMF.
    Behind most of your questions lurks a vicious hostility to the subject matter I write about.

Winning arguments is not everything.
    I just don't have much more to say to you.

All is forgiven.
    I am into helping people to believe in the Bible and believe in Jesus.
    If I am just "helping" you to be more unbelieving, then maybe I should just stop talking to you.

Have a super life.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And yet you have started 4 or 5 threads on this same topic of the trinity, post multiple lengthy convoluted and sometimes incomprehensible posts with each of the threads and refuse point blank to answer questions.
    What? Not talk about the TRINITY ?

What? Not have three or more thread which mention the Triune God ?
    I think God wants me to stop talking about other things of comparitive irrelevance.

Breaks my heart!

Expect me to mention more the Trinity for truth, experience, enjoyment, and the fulfilling of God's eternal purpose.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:041 edit
    Divegeester,
    You need all the help you can get.
    You need the Father plus the Son plus the Holy Spirit.

C.mon Divegeester. You know a big sinner like you needs all the help available.

What do you think - "We have and Advocate WITH ... the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." (1 John 2:1)

Don't you need an Advocate WITH the Father, the ONE you confess is God become a man - Jesus Christ the Righteous ?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:06
    From my perspective I would call it long-suffering and forbearance.

Behind most of your questions lurks a vicious hostility to the subject matter I write about.

Winning arguments is not everything.
    I just don't have much more to say to you.

All is forgiven.
    I am into helping people to believe in the Bible and believe in Jesus.
    If I am just "helping" you to be more unbelieving, then maybe I should just stop talking to you.

Have a super life.

If you choose to ignore or run away from observations and questions I pose in public in response to things you claim here in this public forum, then that's fine with me. The questions and observations will continue to be there, where they belong, in the public discourse, as will your glaring inability and/or willingness to address them. 😉
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:07
    I don't know why I spend time and effort on you.
    You've hurled some false accusations and real insults my way for months.

I am willing to forgive you.
    But its of not much profit to talk to you.

My post was in response to yours.
    It was not done with a thought we can peacefully converse. .
    I am your conscience and it is because I quote Jesus Christ, you feel that you have to respond. So in reality you are replying to your own conscience, to convince yourself that your false doctrine is actually true.

But you cannot argue with the teachings of Christ, teachings which you have constantly denied are essential for eternal life.

As for forgiveness, I dont need that from you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:10
    OK, it's up to you, sonship. But here - just to be clear - is the question you are dodging by way of your sudden announcement: Presumably you believe that both you and Rajk999 are "saved" because you both believe in Christ? Of course, I'm pretty sure I know why you didn't want to answer it, and other readers here can also make what they will of your silence. 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 15:151 edit
    What? Not talk about the TRINITY ?

What? Not have three or more thread which mention the Triune God ?
    I think God wants me to stop talking about other things of comparitive irrelevance.

Breaks my heart!

Expect me to mention more the Trinity for truth, experience, enjoyment, and the fulfilling of God's eternal purpose.
    You are free to post what you like sonship; I'm just pointing out that you stifle the debate, sometimes deliberately in my opinion, by drowning disagreement in these floods of insincere pseudo-spiritual waffle and yet you refuse to answer spot on pertinent questions about the consequences of rejecting your beliefs.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 17:11
    Semi-serious.

As an atheist (and writer of fiction) I come to the bible as a collection of stories with tenuous foundations in fact. I mean no disrespect in saying that. (Nor do I say that as a result of being poorly informed, having as you know studied the bible at university).

I didn't know any of these things about you.
    But it ...[text shortened]... me of the Bible.

Thanks for you "semi serious" input.

What kind of fiction do you write ?
    Ah okay. Have discussed my Theology degree a couple of times and thought you were part of that discussion. (Gave Suzianne a list of the 30 modules my course covered. - Not all of course were in relation to the bible). Going back 20 years though.

Very difficult to view the bible as a whole when you've studied the individual books and understand the time frames and plurality of authors etc.

Currently dabbling with children's fiction. (When the insomnia permits).
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 18:51
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Ah okay. Have discussed my Theology degree a couple of times and thought you were part of that discussion. (Gave Suzianne a list of the 30 modules my course covered. - Not all of course were in relation to the bible). Going back 20 years though.

Very difficult to view the bible as a whole when you've studied the individual books and understand th ...[text shortened]... lity of authors etc.

Very difficult to view the bible as a whole when you've studied the individual books and understand the time frames and plurality of authors etc.

That's interesting. The more I see the overview and the big picture of the 66 books the more I am impressed with the unity of the revelation.

I would love to write more. But I will be accused of drowning out debate.
    Let me know if you'd like to notice what I mean by the big picture and the bird's eye view of the entire revelation of the Bible.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 18:56

That's interesting. The more I see the overview and the big picture of the 66 books the more I am impressed with the unity of the revelation.

I would love to write more. But I will be accuse ...[text shortened]... ce what I mean by the big picture and the bird's eye view of the entire revelation of the Bible.
    **POUT**
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    **POUT**
    LOL !

The WONDERFUL Triune God !!
    Want to hear more ?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Very difficult to view the bible as a whole when you've studied the individual books and understand th ...[text shortened]... lity of authors etc.

If we talked of it, I am sorry. I probably forgot some.

I sure don't remember 30 courses.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:313 edits
    LOL !

The WONDERFUL Triune God !!
    Want to hear more ?
    Yes, actually I would... I'd like to hear if I am precluded from being filled with the spirit of Christ if I reject the "wonderful" doctrine of the triune God?
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:53

If we talked of it, I am sorry. I probably forgot some.

I sure don't remember 30 courses.
    No worries.

Believe my best grade was in 'Ethics' and my worst in 'Amos'. (Excluding the disastrous psychology module i studied).

Go figure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree