1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Now you're acting like a lifeless robot.
    Better check the consequences of denying the Triune God.

"If you can't refute em, try annoying em to death!"
    Instead of blurting out page after page of waffly monologue, you could actually address, head on, the points that various people are putting to you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Instead of blurting out page after page of waffly monologue, you could actually address, head on, the points that various people are putting to you.
    If and when I want to hear some decent arguments for Unitarianism, I sure won't come to you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:40
    If and when I want to hear some decent arguments for Unitarianism, I sure won't come to you.
    Nose face spite
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:543 edits
    Nose face spite
    No, its just that you do a lousy job of explaining Unitarian theology other than mechanical parroting the shema.

By the way "Not much of a Christian" was suppose to mean just what? Your neighbor is MORE of a Christian because he doesn't, let's say, cuss as much ?

Do you mean you are 35% of a Christian but would like to be 75% or 85% of a Christian ??
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 21:01
    No, its just that you do a lousy job of explaining Unitarian theology other than mechanical parroting the shema.

By the way "Not much of a Christian" was suppose to mean just what? Your neighbor is MORE of a Christian because he doesn't, let's say, cuss as much ?

Do you mean you are 35% of a Christian but would like to be 75% or 85% of a Christian ??
    What's worse, cussing occasionally or spreading error?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 21:491 edit
    I don't know how many times I must say this.

You always seem to take great pleasure in jumping on him with both feet because you claim he "spreads error". I don't see you jumping on Rajk for the same reason.

I'm not saying I haven't had my differences with sonship, I have. I just think those are minor points. I also think that whatever your doctrine is, it seems to me to be rather "out-of-the-mainstream". Sonship, KellyJay and josephw, to me, seem to all be part of what passes for "mainstream Christianity" today. And yes, I, too, take issue with parts of it. But I'm not going to sit here and focus on our trivial disagreements, like you take immense pleasure in doing. It's enough for me, that these three show a great love of Jesus, and that this should be the basis for Christian understanding between us, not some stupid "pissing contest".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 21:51
    Did you answer the question ? No, as usual.
    Moving on.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't know how many times I must say this.

You always seem to take great pleasure in jumping on him with both feet because you claim he "spreads error". I don't see you jumping on Rajk for the same reason.

I'm not saying I haven't had my differences with sonship, I have. I just think those are minor points. I also think that whatever your ...[text shortened]... ould[/i] be the basis for Christian understanding between us, not some stupid "pissing contest".
    I wasn't aware you were even part of this discussion. Have you got something to add or are you just here to slap down those you don't like. Again.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 22:043 edits
    Did you answer the question ? No, as usual.
    Moving on.
    That's rich!

Does rejecting the trinity doctrine preclude a person from being filled with the spirit of Christ, and therefore (according to your definition), also from salvation? Twenty third time of asking...!!!

It either does, or it doesn't.

I notice you have also avoided my questions about you claiming to have received direction from God to deprioritise all other posting (talking) apart from the trinity. I'll get back to that later. 🙂
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 23:081 edit
    That's rich!

Does rejecting the trinity doctrine preclude a person from being filled with the spirit of Christ, and therefore (according to your definition), also from salvation? Twenty third time of asking...!!!

It either does, or it doesn't.

I notice you have also avoided my questions about you claiming to have received direction from God to deprioritise all other posting (talking) apart from the trinity. I'll get back to that later. 🙂
    You are over dramatizing me saying I had the leading of God to talk about the Trinity.

You are attempting to make a sense or leading a dramatic speaking which constitutes some Old Testament style prophetic experience.

It should be quite normal that a Christian often feel God is leading in one way and not in another. It is quite normal that the sense of spiritual well being within is more pronounced in one activity than in some other.

And I think discussing the Father Son Holy Spirit as God and experiencially so, is more healthy than say, arguing about Tyrannosaurus Rex blood vessels or what happened to insects during Noah's Flood.

I make no apologies for feeling my God is probably more pleased with the announcing of the nature of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit and HOW we may enjoy God, than in any number of other topics raised here.

You are attempting to blow up my sense of life and peace in this direction to a claim for dramatic "Thus Says The Lord" audio communication with God, Old Testament style.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 23:24
    You are over dramatizing me saying I had the leading of God to talk about the Trinity.

You are attempting to make a sense or leading a dramatic speaking which constitutes some Old Testament style prophetic experience.

It should be quite normal that a Christian often feel God is leading in one way and not in another. It is quite normal that the sen ...[text shortened]... to a claim for dramatic "Thus Says The Lord" audio communication with God, Old Testament style.
    A Christian Dasa 😀
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 00:41
    I wasn't aware you were even part of this discussion. Have you got something to add or are you just here to slap down those you don't like. Again.
    Who's "stifling debate" on a "debate and discussion forum" now?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 01:22
    divegeester: I wasn't aware you were even part of this discussion. Have you got something to add or are you just here to slap down those you don't like. Again.

If you read what you are responding too again you will see that, far from trying to stifle debate, he is actually urging you contribute to it and to do so with something more substantial that scornful interjections about "pissing contests" and the like.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 04:09
    Not me. I asked you if you had anything at all to contribute to the debate.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 04:14

It should be quite normal that a Christian often feel God is leading in one way and not in another. It is quite normal that the sen ...[text shortened]... to a claim for dramatic "Thus Says The Lord" audio communication with God, Old Testament style.
    I have no intention of over dramatising what you say in fact I do my best to try and drawn simplicity and consiceness from your posts.

When you said "I think God wants me to..." It wasn't God urging you, it was actually just you, preferring to, wasn't it?

It is you who misrepresented your urging from God - by saying "I think God wants me to..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree