Bible Test!

Bible Test!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
31 Mar 05

How many dogs are mentioned in the Bible? Which book/s? What did the dog/s do?

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
31 Mar 05

Exd 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

Deu 23:18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Jdg 7:5 So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.

1Sa 17:43 And the Philistine said unto David, [Am] I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.

1Sa 24:14 After whom is the king of Israel come out? after whom dost thou pursue? after a dead dog, after a flea.

2Sa 9:8 And he bowed himself, and said, What [is] thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I [am]?

2Sa 16:9 Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.

2Ki 8:13 And Hazael said, But what, [is] thy servant a dog, that he should do this great thing? And Elisha answered, The LORD hath shewed me that thou [shalt be] king over Syria.

Psa 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of thedog.

Psa 59:6 They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.

Psa 59:14 And at evening let them return; [and] let them make a noise like adog, and go round about the city.

Pro 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, [so] a fool returneth to his folly.

Pro 26:17 He that passeth by, [and] meddleth with strife [belonging] not to him, [is like] one that taketh a dog by the ears.

Ecc 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dogis better than a dead lion.

2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog[is] turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

----------------

God doesn't seem to like dogs. Maybe if he had a Border Collie...🙂

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
31 Mar 05

What about cats?

S

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
Exd 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

Deu 23:18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these [are] abomina ...[text shortened]...

----------------

dude, you have way to much time on your hands 😛

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
What about cats?
Sorry but the Bible doesn't mention cats at all. Plenty of lions but no 'generic' cat. Maybe Blindfaith's god hadn't got around to creating one...must have evolved only recently! 🙂

S

Moves
31 Mar 05

Sorry but the Bible doesn't mention cats at all. Plenty of lions but no 'generic' cat. Maybe Blindfaith's god hadn't got around to creating one...must have evolved only recently! 🙂
If there are no cats mentioned in the bible:

1) are they creatures of Satan?
2) can you eat them?
3) should they be kept as pets?
4) do they actually exist?

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
31 Mar 05

Couldn't have evolved that recently, the Egyptians had them.

x

NY

Moves
31 Mar 05

Actually tey saw cats as evil... due to pope Innocent VIII's bull un 1484 people wer tortured and killed by the lovely catholics merely due to the fact they owned cats... "Cats wer thought to be demons that the devil gave to witches to act as advisors and messengers"

-denise Zimmermann

i like cats personally.. shesh... hope no uber christians wanna burn me fer sayn that..lol.. but thats why theres no cats..

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by Starrman
If there are no cats mentioned in the bible:

1) are they creatures of Satan?
2) can you eat them?
3) should they be kept as pets?
4) do they actually exist?

Well according to our friends Blindfaith etal, all answers are in the Bible and so as cats aren't. I don't think they exist at all. They are a figment of our fevered imaginations. And of course, Egyptian imaginations!

S

Moves
31 Mar 05

But surely cats are worshipped in the Christian tradition, we have the Magnifi-cat, Cat-holics (obviously people with a latent addicttion to cats), surely they protest too much!

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
31 Mar 05

Exd 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog mov.......

😲 Wow! Good job and a gold star on finding descriptions or comparisions to a dog.......but, I am looking for an actual dog that takes part in a story.....

😉 Hint: The dog is found in a part of the Bible not all Christians use.......

The Apologist

Moves
31 Mar 05

Domesticated cats evolved (micro) from the first wild cats God created. Which is why Genesis says "...after their own kind."

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Mar 05

How about baseball in the Bible? And drag racing?

x

NY

Moves
01 Apr 05

does being dragged to death behind a charriot count as drag racing?...lol

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Apr 05

Originally posted by xxxenophobe
does being dragged to death behind a charriot count as drag racing?...lol