1. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    For example, in 1970 there were only 4,139; but last year there
    were 23,575. -- Pretty scary stuff!
    And what was the average magnitude of those quakes? Can you give any more information?

What is the source of that information?
    I see that writer references nearly every other section, but in that key section where the actual claim is being made, he gives no references.

Are those the quakes that were detected or estimates of actual quakes?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 15:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And what was the average magnitude of those quakes? Can you give any more information?

What is the source of that information?
    I see that writer references nearly every other section, but in that key section where the actual claim is being made, he gives no references.

Are those the quakes that were detected or estimates of actual quakes?
    you are party to the same information that i am, you must draw your own conclusions 🙂
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I believe that other parts of the Bible mention an increase in wars too.
    However, neither earthquakes nor wars are increasing, so your desire for the end times will not be fulfilled any time soon.

Of course all this rather contradicts the other claim that I believe is somewhere in the Bible ie that you will not be able to predict the end of the world.
    No one here is claiming a date. But this only one part of a composite sign that Jesus gave. One needs to look at the history of the individual parts of this warning and use disernment in your deciding if these things are happening in our time.
    It's obviously something that will occur someday. Jesus said this for a reason. It is a Bible truth reguardless if anyone wants it to happen or not.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 16:06
    I don't know if anyone here has been thru a hurricane but I've been thru a couple. The interesting thing about something as big as a hurricane, is that we know it's there and we may even accept that authorities warn us it's coming and it will be bad.
    But how many still die in them every year because they don't take the warnings seriously?
    And usually the two types of people that die in them are ones who have never been thru one and have no idea, or their ones that have been thru a couple weaker ones and say it's no big deal.
    But the one thing they have in common is they didn't take the warnings and signs seriously even with obvious and clear warnings "or the subtle little signs".
    But you know the worst hurricane you could ever imagine starts off in the distance as a small unassuming little cloud.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 17:24
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I don't know if anyone here has been thru a hurricane but I've been thru a couple. The interesting thing about something as big as a hurricane, is that we know it's there and we may even accept that authorities warn us it's coming and it will be bad.
    But how many still die in them every year because they don't take the warnings seriously?
    And usually ...[text shortened]... e you could ever imagine starts off in the distance as a small unassuming little cloud.
    what's your point?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 17:33
    ummm i dont know if you Noobs noticed, but the data i posted from 1970s to year 2000 was intended for the very reason that someone may try to circumvent the facts with this very line of reasoning that you mention Trev, the question remains, has reporting then got significantly better since the 1970s, not in correlation to the increase of seismic activity i dont think.
    au yes the facts. the fact that there's better techniques to detect an earthquake now than there was in the 1970s, thus meaning the smaller earthquakes that wouldn't have been recorded in 1970 are being so today. plus the other fact that we're able to detect earthquakes that happen in the most remote areas has nothing to do with the increase of recorded global earthquakes. it's all jesus.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    what's your point?
    Uhhh, didn't think it was that hard but what's the thread about? Earthquakes being """one on many signs""" that the last days of this system are here? Just as there are signs that a natural disaster like a hurricane could be approaching?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:24
    you are party to the same information that i am, you must draw your own conclusions 🙂
    If I was party to the same information, I wouldn't be asking you for references. Clearly you believe there is evidence that earthquakes are increasing in frequency and so far all you have presented is the opinion of someone on a website who gives no supporting references.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:27
    Uhhh, didn't think it was that hard but what's the thread about? Earthquakes being """one on many signs""" that the last days of this system are here? Just as there are signs that a natural disaster like a hurricane could be approaching?
    you're comparing the scientific facts surrounding a natural phenomenon that is a hurricane to this cuckoo land theory that the rapture is depended on an increase in seismic activity?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:54
    au yes the facts. the fact that there's better techniques to detect an earthquake now than there was in the 1970s, thus meaning the smaller earthquakes that wouldn't have been recorded in 1970 are being so today. plus the other fact that we're able to detect earthquakes that happen in the most remote areas has nothing to do with the increase of recorded global earthquakes. it's all jesus.
    ah yes, its all just technology, there is of course no escalation in seismic activity after all, tsunamis, earthquakes, nothing, its all just technology etc etc.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 19:08
    ah yes, its all just technology, there is of course no escalation in seismic activity after all, tsunamis, earthquakes, nothing, its all just technology etc etc.
    now you're getting it.
    greater technology = better earthquake detection = more recorded earthquakes.
    i'm so happy we've cleared it all up now.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 19:16
    you're comparing the scientific facts surrounding a natural phenomenon that is a hurricane to this cuckoo land theory that the rapture is depended on an increase in seismic activity?
    First I don't believe in a rapture and second take the evidence or leave it. Doesn't matter to me....
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 19:25
    First I don't believe in a rapture and second take the evidence or leave it. Doesn't matter to me....
    what evidence? i hope you're talking about greater detection methods and in more remote areas resulting in a higher earthquake stats...
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 19:25
    https://sslearthquake.usgs.gov/ens/
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 22:33
    Yes Rob, it's that simple.

More earthquake sensitive earthquake detections mean we can detect more earthquakes.

I fail to see what is so hard to grasp?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree