1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 13:24
    @rajk999 said
    Nope ... YOU got it wrong , YOU. Not Paul. Paul does not contradict Christ. YOU and YOUR CHURCH, have removed all of Pauls explanations about the difference between 'saved' and 'eternal life'.

In case you missed it in the bible, the red letter words are the words of eternal life. What you have are a black letter words of the church pastors.
    Paul doesn’t contradict Christ, you’re right. Which means it is true that we are not saved by works.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 13:52
    @dj2becker said
    Paul doesn’t contradict Christ, you’re right. Which means it is true that we are not saved by works.
    Are you arguing with yourself again? I have never said anyone is saved by works.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 06:291 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Are you arguing with yourself again? I have never said anyone is saved by works.
    Well that settles it then. What on earth have you been on about then?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 10:53
    @dj2becker said
    Well that settles it then. What on earth have you been on about then?
    I never use the expression 'saved by'. I refer to what Jesus said about who gets eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Clearly you disagree with Jesus and that is your prerogative.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '20 04:39
    @rajk999 said
    I never use the expression 'saved by'. I refer to what Jesus said about who gets eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Clearly you disagree with Jesus and that is your prerogative.
    I don’t disagree with what Jesus said. You disagree with what Paul said.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:02
    @rajk999 said
    Nope ... YOU got it wrong , YOU. Not Paul. Paul does not contradict Christ. YOU and YOUR CHURCH, have removed all of Pauls explanations about the difference between 'saved' and 'eternal life'.

In case you missed it in the bible, the red letter words are the words of eternal life. What you have are a black letter words of the church pastors.
    Ok bonehead, you're the know-it-all, now explain exactly what Paul means by "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:12
    @secondson said
    Ok bonehead, you're the know-it-all, now explain exactly what Paul means by "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
    The bonehead is you. I have done that several times and you ran away and disappeared from the discussion. I will tell you that there is no explanation required. You just need to continue reading a few more chapters and the meaning becomes clearer.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:28
    @rajk999 said
    The bonehead is you. I have done that several times and you ran away and disappeared from the discussion. I will tell you that there is no explanation required. You just need to continue reading a few more chapters and the meaning becomes clearer.
    In other words you can't explain the meaning of verses 8 and 9 of Ephesians 2 because their true meaning contradicts everything you say about how one is saved.

Until you are saved by grace through faith and not of works, ole Rajk, and are born again, you'll never really understand the meaning of scripture.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 01:50
    @secondson said
    In other words you can't explain the meaning of verses 8 and 9 of Ephesians 2 because their true meaning contradicts everything you say about how one is saved.

Until you are saved by grace through faith and not of works, ole Rajk, and are born again, you'll never really understand the meaning of scripture.
    You sound like Galveston. .... lol 😊
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 02:06
    @rajk999 said
    You sound like Galveston. .... lol 😊
    Actually, JW's agree more with you. They think they can "work" their way into the Kingdom of God just like you do. 🤔
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 09:58
    @secondson said

Jesus said no such thing. What did Jesus Christ say about eternal life in the Kingdom of God and how to get it. You are twisting the words of Paul and your conclusion is contrary to Christ.

I am happy staying with the teachings of Christ. You are happy with your interpretation of Paul. End of story.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '20 16:10
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus said no such thing. What did Jesus Christ say about eternal life in the Kingdom of God and how to get it. You are twisting the words of Paul and your conclusion is contrary to Christ.

I am happy staying with the teachings of Christ. You are happy with your interpretation of Paul. End of story.
    My perspective is that you are twisting the words of Christ to contradict Paul. There needn’t be a contradiction.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '20 23:00
    @dj2becker said
    My perspective is that you are twisting the words of Christ to contradict Paul. There needn’t be a contradiction.
    Substance. You are lacking. Making your statement without explaining yourself is useless and it makes you look foolish. If you think I am twisting the words of Christ then explain what words Im twisting.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 03:18
    @rajk999 said
    Substance. You are lacking. Making your statement without explaining yourself is useless and it makes you look foolish. If you think I am twisting the words of Christ then explain what words Im twisting.
    "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15

They are not the same.

Love is the condition. Obedience is the result.

Therefore we dare not reduce love to a decision to follow him or believe him or obey him.

It is deeper. Prior. Supernatural.

-John Piper
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 09:28
    @rajk999 said
    Your point is moot unless you want to make the claim that it’s possible to inherit eternal life if you’re not saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree