Bigotry and Human Evolution

Bigotry and Human Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
It isn't other people who called me out by name, and it isn't other people who promised to be with me and never leave me through the good times and the bad. Other people have shared yes, but if God were nothing but a story, what you may claim about Him would be true, but God being real changes everything.
Barring scripture, you have no evidence for that position, and scripture is not good evidence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
Barring scripture, you have no evidence for that position, and scripture is not good evidence.
Scriptural support is extraordinary evidence, and lives lived are evidence I've been a Christian for over 40 years now, going through hard times and good ones, and God is faithful. The whole of creation is also evidence; it didn't come from nothing.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Scriptural support is extraordinary evidence, and lives lived are evidence I've been a Christian for over 40 years now, going through hard times and good ones, and God is faithful. The whole of creation is also evidence; it didn't come from nothing.
"Scriptural support is extraordinary evidence..."

It really isn't. You might just as well say that the Beowulf was extraordinary evidence for the existence of lake monsters, or that the Odyssey was extraordinary evidence for the existence of cyloptic giants.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said

It really isn't. You might just as well say that the Beowulf was extraordinary evidence for the existence of lake monsters, or that the Odyssey was extraordinary evidence for the existence of cyloptic giants.
No scripture is filled with historical, political, poetic, revelation through ~ > 1500 years from ~40 authors from all walks of life. 65 of the books have connection to the same God, and the only one that doesn’t mention Him is filled with His handy work. So the Bible is not like any other book in its writings from all single source books.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said

If we were to loose the Bible it would be rebuilt from everything surrounding it. Even leaving out modern sources. Human experience is either considered valid or no, Biblical text rests on that.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
No scripture is filled with historical, political, poetic, revelation through ~ > 1500 years from ~40 authors from all walks of life. 65 of the books have connection to the same God, and the only one that doesn’t mention Him is filled with His handy work. So the Bible is not like any other book in its writings from all single source books.
The bible is no different from any other collection of religious texts. Why don't you regard the Vedas in the same reverent manner? A collection of ancient scripture packed full of historical, political, poetic and revelationay detail. In many ways more interesting than your own scripture.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If we were to loose the Bible it would be rebuilt from everything surrounding it. Even leaving out modern sources. Human experience is either considered valid or no, Biblical text rests on that.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Do you think the bible could be reassembled if all the stories in it were lost from human knowledge? That's a crazy claim.

rain

Moves
23 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Do you think the bible could be reassembled if all the stories in it were lost from human knowledge? That's a crazy claim.
He believes God is real and would make sure the Biblical knowledge gets restored.

Moves
23 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
The bible is no different from any other collection of religious texts. Why don't you regard the Vedas in the same reverent manner? A collection of ancient scripture packed full of historical, political, poetic and revelationay detail. In many ways more interesting than your own scripture.
And older.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Make a case for it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And older.
I doubt that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@vivify said
He believes God is real and would make sure the Biblical knowledge gets restored.
What we would need to understand God and ourselves going forward. If it required history to be restored yes. It was a hypothetical we can say whatever we want.

Moves
23 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I doubt that.
You doubt something that's factually true?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I am saying that God would not be limited to reproducing the Bible as it was but could give us what we needed

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You doubt something that's factually true?
Not at all facts don’t change just opinions. If there is a discrepancy I will go with the Bible. If the Bible is true there are many “so called facts” that suddenly are not.