1. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 04:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The Romans executed whoever they chose to; Roman justice was swift and brutal. I have no idea why you find this “conspiratorial”. Italy and Italians didn’t exist in Roman time, in fact Italy is only 157 years old even now, so I think you are mistaken. Badly.

I have no understanding of “we always hearing” this...

What?!

No.
    It sounds conspiratorial in the sense that you are talking about how the Jews could manipulate the Romans to do whatever theyw ant. Perhaps this would have been true with Pontius Pilate who specifically ruled over the Jews.

But why would someone in Rome or Greece persecute Christians for the Jew's sake?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 05:29
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    So Christians have a list of important doctrines,none of which were stated by Christ.
    Plus those teachings that Christ said gives eternal life are not on that list.
    I got it.
    That is why Im not a Christian.
    I am a sheep of Christ
    You deny Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh. You’re a modern-day Pharisee.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 09:131 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Technically there were Italic peoples who were not Romans. But I think that is not what either of us are really having in mind.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_peoples_of_Italy#Italics

Oddly enough... You could have used the term "Italian" broadly to refer to anyone on the peninsula at the time of Christ himself though at this point yo ...[text shortened]... though, because I could have said "Chinese" or whatever and it would still have the same point.
    There’s nothing “broad” or “odd” about it Jacob. Italy was founded 157 years ago and that is where the terms “Italians” for the people of “Italy” comes from. There were no “Italians” at the time of Christ or the apostles.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 09:131 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    It sounds conspiratorial in the sense that you are talking about how the Jews could manipulate the Romans to do whatever theyw ant.
    I did not say that the Jews could “manipulate the Romans to do whatever they want”, you are just making that up.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You deny Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh. You’re a modern-day Pharisee.
    You wont find that in Gods Bible. So your bible must be the church statement of faith and your god is the pastor,
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 17:31
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You wont find that in Gods Bible. So your bible must be the church statement of faith and your god is the pastor,
    Jesus identified Himself as God numerous times. You are a Christ denier, and, in the Apostle John’s own words, you are an antichrist and have neither the Father nor the Son.

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

(1 John 2:22-23)

Do you think you know more about Jesus than the Apostle John, the man described in the Gospels as the Apostle whom Jesus loved? With your ego, you probably do.

Sad!
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 06:47
    There’s nothing “broad” or “odd” about it Jacob. Italy was founded 157 years ago and that is where the terms “Italians” for the people of “Italy” comes from. There were no “Italians” at the time of Christ or the apostles.
    Referring to people from that peninsula as Italians is quite, quite, quite old. Older than English, I am sure.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/italian
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 07:42
    Luke wrote the book of Acts around 67 or 68 AD.
    How come Acts 10:1 refers to "the Italian cohort"?

English Standard Version
    At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort,

Berean Study Bible
    At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was called the Italian Regiment.

Berean Literal Bible
    Now a certain man in Caesarea named Cornelius was a centurion of the Cohort that is called Italian,

New American Standard Bible
    Now there was a man at Caesarea named Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian cohort,

King James Bible
    There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

Christian Standard Bible
    There was a man in Caesarea named Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment.

http://biblehub.com/acts/10-1.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree