1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    15 Feb '11 08:15
    Best wishes on this day the 15th February, to all those who profess the Muslim faith, it being Mawlid or mawlidu n-nabiyyi, or the day of the “Birth of the Prophet”. Here in Indonesia - where it is referred to in the national language as 'Maulid Nabi' or 'Mulud ' by the local Javanese people - we have a national holiday although the realities of modern life mean that many, many people do not get to have a national holiday at all as they are busy providing national holiday type goods and services to those who are having their national holiday.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    15 Feb '11 09:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Best wishes on this day the 15th February, to all those who profess the Muslim faith, it being Mawlid or mawlidu n-nabiyyi, or the day of the “Birth of the Prophet”. Here in Indonesia - where it is referred to in the national language as 'Maulid Nabi' or 'Mulud ' by the local Javanese people - we have a national holiday although the realities of modern l ...[text shortened]... ing national holiday type goods and services to those who are having their national holiday.
    Whats an approriate greeting for this occasion, something that means "many happy returns"?

    You got anything like that?
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    15 Feb '11 09:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Whats an approriate greeting for this occasion, something that means "many happy returns"?

    You got anything like that?
    No.

    Some people send each other somewhat elaborate text messages expressing their sense of celebration. That's about it.

    There's no go-to Merry Christmas-esque epithet.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '11 12:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Best wishes on this day the 15th February, to all those who profess the Muslim faith, it being Mawlid or mawlidu n-nabiyyi, or the day of the “Birth of the Prophet”. Here in Indonesia - where it is referred to in the national language as 'Maulid Nabi' or 'Mulud ' by the local Javanese people - we have a national holiday although the realities of modern l ...[text shortened]... ing national holiday type goods and services to those who are having their national holiday.
    and a rather 'colourful', prophet he was as well!
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    15 Feb '11 12:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and a rather 'colourful', prophet he was as well!
    No 'best wishes' to those who profess the Muslim faith on this their special day, then?
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '11 17:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    No 'best wishes' to those who profess the Muslim faith on this their special day, then?
    i doubt the Prophet himself would have approved, indeed, he may have constituted it an act of idolatry.
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    15 Feb '11 17:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i doubt the Prophet himself would have approved, indeed, he may have constituted it an act of idolatry.
    It would be interesting to see how Muhammed (or Jesus for that matter) would interpret the religions that are built around their lives today.
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '11 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It would be interesting to see how Muhammed (or Jesus for that matter) would interpret the religions that are built around their lives today.
    those born again, pitch fork wielding, your all going to hell and be damned, type of Christians would be unrecognisable to the Christ. Indeed, nominal Christianity as a whole is a bastardisation for sure. Islam is so conservative that its probably remained almost unchanged, except for the great schism regarding the caliphate.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    15 Feb '11 18:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    No.

    Some people send each other somewhat elaborate text messages expressing their sense of celebration. That's about it.

    There's no go-to Merry Christmas-esque epithet.
    So I just say "Have a good one,son 😉" ... something like that ?
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '11 21:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So I just say "Have a good one,son 😉" ... something like that ?
    you should say,

    Bismillah al rahman al rahim, sallallahou alayhi wasallam

    in the name of God the most gracious and merciful, peace be upon him (Muhammed)
Back to Top