1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 16:31
    Outside of being a very good band what is blind faith ? Is it faith in something that seems wrong or or just plain nut's, becaise you have been told that its the way to salvation ?
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or rational, but to have faith in something that seems so off base is seemingly impossible for me. I've also been told the reason it seems so off to me is because I'm looking at it from the outside, and if I was looking at it from the inside it would all seem right on the money. How do I get on the inside without being a big phoney ? I could pretend to be one of the flock, and I have done that, but that can't be the solution. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 17:301 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    Outside of being a very good band what is blind faith ? Is it faith in something that seems wrong or or just plain nut's, becaise you have been told that its the way to salvation ?
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or ra tion. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
    Alot more is needed then faith even though some will tell you differently.
    A few scriptures to help is at Rom 10:17 which says "you need to listen to gain faith." So the first step is to learn to know what is needed.
    James 2:26 says "you need works". So what are these works we have to do? Again you need to learn what these are.
    There is more but look these up first and we can go from here...
    It's easy as some will tell you that all you have to do is believe in Jesus and that's all. It's not really true.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 18:001 edit
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or ra tion. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
    Good question. For me I had some experiences that showed me my being was actually immortal, then I slid back down into the world of 'living and dying'. So faith for me is reminding myself that I am not this physical body. And in a sense it is blind but then again aren't we all to some degree?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 23:272 edits
    Why complicate things unnecessarily? Only three ways any of us can learn anything: Experience it (empiricism); Figure it out (rationalism); or Take it on faith (a quantum leap, believing someone whose authority we have come to accept). My third grade teacher, Mrs Keefe, told us about Australia. In 4th grade we learned about Austria from Mrs Ostrander. I believed them both. Never been to either place but still regard the information as factual. Only distinction is that the first two means of perception confer human merit. Third doesn't.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 00:22
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or ra ...[text shortened]... tion. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
    What parts of Christianity "seems wrong or just plain nuts"?

What parts can you accept as reasonable?
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 03:36
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or ra ...[text shortened]... tion. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
    User 119612
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 03:42
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What parts of Christianity "seems wrong or just plain nuts"?

What parts can you accept as reasonable?
    The notion of hell seems plain nuts.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 04:21
    No faith is "blind", rather, faith is simply trusting in something or someone in which you invest and/or take a risk in. However, you must first be convinced that the person or something is worthy of that risk. In fact, you take such risks every day in people you love or people you do business with, so the question is, is your faith in them misplaced? Of course, if you take no such risks, you have no rewards, do you?
  9. England
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 09:24
    blind faith,...., you start out as a baby but as you grow you learn, so it is with your faith.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    No faith is "blind", rather, faith is simply trusting in something or someone in which you invest and/or take a risk in. However, you must first be convinced that the person or something is worthy of that risk. In fact, you take such risks every day in people you love or people you do business with, so the question is, is your faith in them misplaced? Of course, if you take no such risks, you have no rewards, do you?
    How do you judge who is worthy and who isn't worth taking a risk? (Or what is or what isn't?) Just take the next risk that comes along, however far-fatched any possilble good results may seem. See what happens. Whats the worst that could happen, your physical body may die? Bah!

There is a possibility to learn something.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 10:53
    God does not expect blind faith. It is God's responsibility to reveal himself to us; there is one instruction however, SEEK.

"Seek and you WILL find" (a promise)

"You WILL find me when you seek me with all your heart" (a quantitative level of commitment)

It you choose to ignore the calling of something deeper in your spirit, a calling to something more than this life of flesh, this miserable expectation of dust - that's your business my friend.
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 13:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    God does not expect blind faith. It is God's responsibility to reveal himself to us; there is one instruction however, SEEK.

"Seek and you WILL find" (a promise)

"You WILL find me when you seek me with all your heart" (a quantitative level of commitment)

It you choose to ignore the calling of something deeper in your spirit, a calling to somet ...[text shortened]... n this life of flesh, this miserable expectation of dust - that's your business my friend.
    I have been a seeker most of my adult life. I have tried, and been envoled with numerous spiritual organizations ,and religions. I guess what it comes down to is I've been dupped many times by me trusting or having faith in some religion or the other, and now I am leary of them all. I believe in God. I have had my experience with that revelation. Now I'm left without knowing any specifics, because all that claim to know the specifics seem turn me off for many reasons. I have faith in God to a degree. I know something happened to me ,and it can't be denied. I have no faith in the Christian religion, and that is what occupies most of the discussion here.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 13:30
    I have been a seeker most of my adult life. I have tried, and been envoled with numerous spiritual organizations ,and religions. I guess what it comes down to is I've been dupped many times by me trusting or having faith in some religion or the other, and now I am leary of them all. I believe in God. I have had my experience with that revelation. Now I'm left ...[text shortened]... ve no faith in the Christian religion, and that is what occupies most of the discussion here.
    I don't think you are listening try reading what you replied to again.
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 13:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The notion of hell seems plain nuts.
    I second that. The idea a an angry God that needs a Blood sacrifice in order to forgive mankind is sort of nut's to.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 13:32
    I second that. The idea a an angry God that needs a Blood sacrifice in order to forgive mankind is sort of nut's to.
    I will ask "why" to both of those questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree