1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 15:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why dont I believe in hell? Because its not real. Purgatory can seem like an awful long time, but its not for eternity.
    Prove it.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:29
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Prove it.
    Prove the existance of god!
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 23:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Prove the existance of god!
    If you can prove to me that nothing exists I'll believe you.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 04:28
    If you can prove to me that nothing exists I'll believe you.
    So you ask others to prove what *you* want to be proven, but you cannot produce the most basic part in the christian belief system - the existance of god. What does that say of you? What does that say about christians?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 13:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    This reminds me of a well known Christian passage which states that all things work together for good, but then it adds, to them that love God and are called according to his purpose. Of course, the implication here is that not all things work together for good, because not everyone loves God nor are called according to his purpose. In fact, even having "go ...[text shortened]... paved with good intensions? There is truth in that proverb whether you are religious or not.
    Have you ever heard of the term 'silent majority' .It is the media, influenced by short-sighted-,'dark' beliefs that keep us from realizing our ture potential as a unitied species(under God).
    Not everyone is called upon by God? I like to think that every human has been touched by God in some way or another. There is no reality apart from a reality that has God in it.
    This illusion that we live with will soon be transmuted into a direct experience of the 'Ground of All Being' . One way or another this will come to pass for every human soul. The devils time is up. Our separation from our true souce will soon end. Blessed are those that follow their own hearts and realize that 'one who realizes that they are asleep already has one eye open'.
    And blessed are you, dear brother, for my life would not be complete without yours and vice-versa.May the essnce of Jesus prevail in your life and lead the way into the Light...
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 01:53
    So you ask others to prove what *you* want to be proven, but you cannot produce the most basic part in the christian belief system - the existance of god. What does that say of you? What does that say about christians?
    http://www.philosopher.org.uk/god.htm
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 04:10
    Faith at least biblically speaking can be likened to acting upon revealed truth. However I would say if the faith be blind than it SUCKS! I don't think God calls us to have a blind faith at all. I would say look at the history of the bible and Christ first. This is not to far a leap for most. Jesus we can say without a doubt was a real historical person. So now we have to decide is the biblical account valid or as some will say not. Was Christ than just a good teacher or something more? For me that is how faith works. We all have faith in something. We have faith that gravity will not fail. We have faith that when we hit that light switch the light will turn on. We have faith every time we cross a bridge it will not crumble down. On & on. I don't believe faith has to be blind at all. I will say though a lot of Christians say stupid things! don't let that discourage you. God is alive seriously ask him to help you He will. Lastly there will be a day when faith & sight will be one.

Manny
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 05:58
    http://www.philosopher.org.uk/god.htm
    So you don't have any opinions for your own, have you?

Look at the 'proofs' again (You have read them this time, haven't you?) and see if there isn't any flaws in them.

Many of them proves the existance of the Hindu gods. Does that mean that you are a Hindu?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 09:20
    Originally posted by menace71
    Faith at least biblically speaking can be likened to acting upon revealed truth. However I would say if the faith be blind than it SUCKS! I don't think God calls us to have a blind faith at all. I would say look at the history of the bible and Christ first. This is not to far a leap for most. Jesus we can say without a doubt was a real historical person. So ...[text shortened]... im to help you He will. Lastly there will be a day when faith & sight will be one.

Manny
    Cheers for that post Manny! I kinda think along similar lines- about faith not having to be blind faith . Its like an 'educated guess' or maybe a 'reasonable assumption' . What about an 'informed risk'?
    (now my words are getting away from me. sorry. but I did have a good one, I just cant remeber at this point.)

Can I ask you a question here in public?
    Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to God or do other faiths also have a similar power? (To me this very question seems to be the stumbling block between me and christians and moving furthur with whatever discussions. For example I found out today that my neighbour is a christian,(A Jesus follower rather than a church-goer) , when I asked him that question he readily admitted that other faiths could be just as 'valid' as christianity, though he preffered to pray to Jesus only. Such a nice guy, I always get a good vibe off him. Always humble,quietly spoken and gentlemanly. If only all christians had his openness...)
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 12:08
    http://www.youtube.com/carmvideos#play/user/E3B78F02BBB52BA7/5/Ga1t4dhhzy8
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 12:55
    Originally posted by buckky
    Outside of being a very good band what is blind faith ? Is it faith in something that seems wrong or or just plain nut's, becaise you have been told that its the way to salvation ?
    I've been told many times by well meaning Christians to just have faith, and everything else will fall into place. It's not hard having faith in something that is tangible or ra ...[text shortened]... tion. Faith in something that seems wacky does not work for me. How does it work for you ?
    There is no such thing as blind faith.

Faith is not blind.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 15:31
    So you don't have any opinions for your own, have you?

Look at the 'proofs' again (You have read them this time, haven't you?) and see if there isn't any flaws in them.

Many of them proves the existance of the Hindu gods. Does that mean that you are a Hindu?
    http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CKfHhZnz7pwCFQO2sgodJyQFjw
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 03:40
    http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CKfHhZnz7pwCFQO2sgodJyQFjw
    Again you don't have any opinion for yourself. Showing a link shows only that your faith is shallow.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 21:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    There is no such thing as blind faith.

Faith is not blind.
    Blind Faith means that we are as blind, that we follow our Faith blindly, because we know God is telling The Truth

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree