1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 15:01
    What would keep a person from following the Christian idea ? Why would anybody want to go to Hell instead of Heaven ? How could any sane person not be moved by the Christian doctrine ? Would a person have to be very mentally ill to reject eternal Salvation ? Is it pure evil in the heart of the non Christian that prevents him from accepting Christ as his Savior ?

or

Could it simply be that the Christian story is very primitive, and cruel in it's nature, and a lot of perectly sane people reject it because it makes absolutely no sense on any level ?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 15:322 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    What would keep a person from following the Christian idea ? Why would anybody want to go to Hell instead of Heaven ? How could any sane person not be moved by the Christian doctrine ? Would a person have to be very mentally ill to reject eternal Salvation ? Is it pure evil in the heart of the non Christian that prevents him from accepting Christ as his Savio and a lot of perectly sane people reject it because it makes absolutely no sense on any level ?
    Many many people come to Christ not knowing much theology. Do you know why they beleived?

I'll tell you. It is just as an old hymn states - "Somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus".

Many people didn't know much about what you say. But in the shadows of thier difficulties they called on the name of Jesus and found that God was real.

In the thorny and knotty delimmas of their lives, in the shadows of sadness and helplessness, One came to help them. And He stayed with them.

This not an explanation for all believers in Christ. Many of us simply found Jesus in the shadows of life. Or I should say that Jesus found us.
  3. The Smoke
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 17:17
    Is it pure evil in the heart of the non Christian that prevents him from accepting Christ as his Savior ?
    I reckon it's logic and reasoning (i.e. one's mind) than anything else... people have different perspectives. it's "you see it first and then believe" paradigm vs "you believe it first and then you see"...
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 19:35
    What would keep a person from following the Christian idea ? Why would anybody want to go to Hell instead of Heaven ? How could any sane person not be moved by the Christian doctrine ? Would a person have to be very mentally ill to reject eternal Salvation ? Is it pure evil in the heart of the non Christian that prevents him from accepting Christ as his Savio ...[text shortened]... and a lot of perectly sane people reject it because it makes absolutely no sense on any level ?
    If Christianity were true, it would be great. The problem is, it's a bunch of bunk. To believe in Christianity means to believe in a pack of lies. Don't you think living on lies is not a good thing?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 10:29
    What would keep a person from following the Christian idea ? Why would anybody want to go to Hell instead of Heaven ? How could any sane person not be moved by the Christian doctrine ? Would a person have to be very mentally ill to reject eternal Salvation ? Is it pure evil in the heart of the non Christian that prevents him from accepting Christ as his Savio ...[text shortened]... and a lot of perectly sane people reject it because it makes absolutely no sense on any level ?
    Oh Buckky , the lines have been drawn in the sand a long time ago. Whether its the end of the world or the end of your life, its pretty much the same thing. Good luck with all that! I'm sure Jesus dont mind with intelligent folk like yourself🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree