1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:011 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Since 667joe has taken to quoting Robert Ingersoll of late, I thought I'd look into him a bit and came across the following quote:
    "What man, who ever thinks, can believe that blood can appease God? And yet, our entire system of religion is based upon that belief. The Jews pacified Jehovah with the blood of animals, and according to the Christian system, f the unknown that they feel compelled to embrace such a concept even in this day and age?
    Serious question, and please forgive my ignorance, but how does one atone for sins, say in your belief system?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 17:162 edits
    I would like to give a testimony about the mentioning of the precious blood of Jesus in prayer.

Once I became a Christian believer sooner or latter the accusation of Satan will come into your mind. When you did not believe in Jesus the Devil did not bother you. Once you decided to believe in Jesus, this begins to happen:

"Oh, how can YOU be a Christian ? Huh? You know what you still are. You know even what you did last night one half hour after you received Jesus. And YOU of all people think you can be a Christian ?? Ha !! What a hypocrit you are. You might as well forget about being a follower of Jesus."

It is right here. It is right here, that if you have been taught right, you discover the POWER of the blood of Jesus.

"Satan, you accuser, you slanderer. Look at the blood of Jesus. The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses me from ALL sins.

All sins! ... forgivable sins, unforgivable sins, public sins, private sins, sins of comission, sins of omission, known sins, unknown sins.

WAIT Satan. Don't go away yet. LOOK at the blood of Jesus Christ. It cleanses me from ALL sins."

The accuser's mouth is shut ! Believe me. Peace pervades your conscience. You can go on. You can grow. Yes you will still makes mistakes. Yes you are a brand new baby Christian. You still enjoy some things that are displeasing to God.

But you learn to enjoy something ELSE. You learn to enjoy rivers of living water flowing out of your innermost being. Like a mighty river of peace the Triune God begins to flow in your being.

All accusation from Satan, even when it has some legitamite ground, you counter with the blood of Christ. Whether God likes you or doesn't like you, He is obligated because of His Son's redemption, to forgive you. He is committed.

THis is the power, the dynamo that empowers you within. Satan can no longer accuse you.

"They overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb ..." (Rev. 12:11)

You never outgrow your need to remind yourself and the accuser that Christ has died for you. You never graduate from learning to counter the Devil's accusation against your conscience with the blood.

And bit by bit, drop by drop, day by day, the experience of God becomes MORE enjoyable than the experience of sinning.

The enjoyment of being mingled with Christ becomes more enjoyable then living apart from God or even being religious, especially being religious.

"Jesus Lord, I'm captured by Your beauty. All my heart to Thee I open wide. Now set free from all religious duty. Lord let me only in Yourself abide."

It is the conquering of the enjoyment of sinning by the deepening enjoyment of Christ living in you. One enjoyment surpasses the other.

Nothing can compare with Christ making His home in your heart through faith. You say "I could enjoy this forever !!"

You will. And He will enjoy flowing into your personality, duplicating Himself, mass producing Himself, multiplying Himself in many sons of God.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 18:01
    No idea where you're trying to go with this. It's so vague so as to be meaningless.
    Here's a real specific and basic principle for you to mull over. Setting aside the more complex details of the OT's system of sacrifice, consider the orthodox Christian doctrine of atonement obtained via the Cross. As this doctrine is considered, ask yourself this one question: when was the work (of atonement) finished?

If you correctly answer that it was finished when the Lord Jesus Christ declared it as such (using the perfect tense of tetelestai, which denotes absolute and enduring finality), then you are faced with a dilemma. For if the atonement was secured as of that moment, He was still alive with no major blood loss. Even if you were to declare that His statement was anticipatory of His expiration, there was no major blood loss at the point of His release of His spirit.

He gave up His spirit; it was not taken from Him, did not happen as a result of any physical effect. After He released His spirit and died physically, the soldiers were motivated to get the show on the road, so to speak. This hastening of death involved breaking the legs of the men in order to prevent them from pushing their bodies up, which was reaction to the real cause of death in crucifixion: suffocation. Broken legs cannot act as support, cannot offer relief to lungs slowly smothered beneath the sagging weight of one's own body.

When the soldiers got to the third man, they found He had already died, therefore no need to break His legs. To certify His death, one of the soldiers speared His side which issued forth blood and water, thus signifying His certain death. But here again, no major blood loss.

So why do we say the blood of Christ covers us? Because the blood of Christ is the work of Christ done on the Cross. All of the symbolism of the OT and NT can be misleading, but only to those who want to be mislead, to those who put more faith in the material than they do in the Creator of material. For them, the symbol becomes the power with the result that they lose the meaning in the first place. Such religiosity leads to distractions like the shroud of Turin, search for Noah's Ark and so forth.

You can point out any example of misapplication and call it barbaric, but you'd be missing the point yourself--- as you are here. The supposed barbarism of such a belief system pales in comparison to its far greater failure: that which replaces spiritual reality with transient matter.
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 21:06
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    There is no victory over sin because the Bible presents error.....so anyone living by the Bible standards will be embracing error.

Error is sin....and sin is error.

When you give up the error, then and only then shall you have your Victory.

The first error to correct is to stop animal killing.

The second error to correct is to not embrace the ...[text shortened]... ey will misdirect people away from true spiritual life and the people will end up being cheated.
    gobbledy gook double speak
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 21:54
    Originally posted by nook7
    The animal cant say anything as it cant talk (sparky)
    Cant it? How much of communication is body language?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 21:56
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Serious question, and please forgive my ignorance, but how does one atone for sins, say in your belief system?
    You can't atone for sins , so why try?
    I take a "sideways" approach to entertaining the Divine.
    Anyway, the non-existent god will forgive even Dahmer, so we'll be right 😉
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 22:02
    There is no victory over sin because the Bible presents error.....so anyone living by the Bible standards will be embracing error.

Error is sin....and sin is error.

When you give up the error, then and only then shall you have your Victory.

The first error to correct is to stop animal killing.

The second error to correct is to not embrace the ...[text shortened]... ey will misdirect people away from true spiritual life and the people will end up being cheated.
    I actually like Genesis. Not literally, mind you.

And yeah, there's plenty of errors in the bible.
    Word of advice: just stick to one at a time. You're going to shatter a lot of belief systems if they ever take you seriously 😉
  8. St. Peter's
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 23:01
    Whether you want to recognize it or not, it seems clear that the concept of appeasement by blood is foundational to the "victory over sin and death".
    incorrect. while atonement is an important aspect of the overall Christian view, The ressurection takes presecedent. If Christ sheds his blood and dies, then he simply is a martyr and nothing more. Without the ressurection there is no Christianity...period.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I actually like Genesis. Not literally, mind you.

And yeah, there's plenty of errors in the bible.
    Word of advice: just stick to one at a time. You're going to shatter a lot of belief systems if they ever take you seriously 😉
    I am not trying to shatter people, but bring them to a higher understanding.

But I cannot force a person to raise their own consciousness, and they must do this themselves by actually living the proper spiritual life, if they have the desire to be a religious person.

I actually think that many are not so interested in living the spiritual life, but are happy to get their free ticket to heaven by way of a thing called atonement.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    incorrect. while atonement is an important aspect of the overall Christian view, The ressurection takes presecedent. If Christ sheds his blood and dies, then he simply is a martyr and nothing more. Without the ressurection there is no Christianity...period.
    The Christian teachings presume that the dead body of Jesus, got up and walked away....this is false.

But the reality is, that the soul that was in the body of Jesus, did in fact ascend.

Just like when every living thing dies, the soul in the body ascends to take their next birth.

Everyone is eternal because that is the nature of the spiritual soul.

The Christian teachings present, that to obtain eternal life you must accept Jesus, but this is false because the spiritual soul which is the person, is already eternal and indestructible.

So the resurrection as presented by the Bible is false.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:47
    [b]The Christian teachings presume that the dead body of Jesus, got up and walked away....this is false.
    The Bible claims that there was over 500 witnesses.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Bible claims that there was over 500 witnesses.
    The Bible claims many many things, which have been fabricated to give it authority.

And it deceives people like this, because it cannot stand on its own and present higher spiritual knowledge.

It uses the fabrication of miraculous things, to grab the attention of the people

There is only one true religion for mankind, and it has abundant spiritual knowledge which will raise the consciousness of the people to the platform of true love of God..
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:55
    The Christian teachings presume that the dead body of Jesus, got up and walked away....this is false.

But the reality is, that the soul that was in the body of Jesus, did in fact ascend.

Just like when every living thing dies, the soul in the body ascends to take their next birth.

Everyone is eternal because that is the nature of the spiritual so ...[text shortened]... s already eternal and indestructible.

So the resurrection as presented by the Bible is false.
    That's your opinion anyway.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:57
    The Bible claims many many things, which have been fabricated to give it authority.

And it deceives people like this, because it cannot stand on its own and present higher spiritual knowledge.

It uses the fabrication of miraculous things, to grab the attention of the people

There is only one true religion for mankind, and it has abundant spiritua ...[text shortened]... knowledge which will raise the consciousness of the people to the platform of true love of God..
    You are correct, and that religion is a personal relationship, one on one with God through Christ Jesus. I knew you knew the truth afterall.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 01:161 edit

There is only one true religion for mankind, and it has abundant spiritua ...[text shortened]... knowledge which will raise the consciousness of the people to the platform of true love of God..
    I agree with ChessPraxis that it is your opinion.

Man is to dumb to chance the meaning and to dumb to make up a story that is in the bible, that is why it was writein by the help of the Holy Spirit.

But i guess you are not a simple man that is way you do not understand it.

Psalm 19:7
    The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree