1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 16:23
    Having been inspired by TOO's last thread, I thought I would share my own view of the need for blood sacrifice.

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us. Such righteousness, is either written in our hearts, or given to us by his word, or through personal revelations etc. Our participation is wecolmed, but not compulsary. Having said that, any and all righteousness that we may choose to walk in given to us by God has nothing to do with our own righteousness, since such righteousness was given to us from God. We then have NO room to boast for walking in such righteounsess.

So at what point is walking in God's righteousness, or faith in his righteousness revealed to us, are we saved? After all, we have all transgressed and not walked in his righteousness at all times? For me, this is where blood sacrifice comes into play. We need atonement for our transgressions. For those who turn their nose up at blood sacrifice, the only alternative is atonement through good works. In other words, doing the right thing helps atone for the other times you did not do the right thing. From my own perspective, however, doing the right thing is expected, much like obeying the law of the land. For example, if one were to be put on trial for murder, would that person then bring in witnesses who praised the defendent on what an good and upright citizen the defendent was while, at the same time, refusing to address the charge of murder brought against him? In addition, would the defendent then attempt to follow the law the rest of his days to make up for the murder he was responsible for? The bottom line is that the defendent was EXPECTED to follow the law of the land. Following the righteousness of God is an expectation, not bonus points for the here after. This is why blood sacrifice was needed before Christ and after.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 17:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Having been inspired by TOO's last thread, I thought I would share my own view of the need for blood sacrifice.

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us. Such righteousness, is either written in our hearts, or given to us by his word, or through personal revelations etc. Our participation is wecolmed, ...[text shortened]... us points for the here after. This is why blood sacrifice was needed before Christ and after.
    I thought I would share my own view of the need for blood sacrifice.

No need to bother: the idea that we "need" blood sacrifice of innocents for anything is just all a bit absurd -- the doctrine of the scapegoat.

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us.

As if.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 17:29
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]I thought I would share my own view of the need for blood sacrifice.

No need to bother: the idea that we "need" blood sacrifice of innocents for anything is just all a bit absurd -- the doctrine of the scapegoat.

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us.

As if.[/b]
    If there is no one to account for my sin then I must pay for that sin. Otherwise, where is justice?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 17:48
    If there is no one to account for my sin then I must pay for that sin. Otherwise, where is justice?
    So you think justice necessitates that an innocent be made to bleed? What a bizarre take on justice.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 17:48
    I've never understood this. I'm asking this out of true curiosity: why is it just to punish another for our transgressions? This idea seems very foreign to me. Shouldn't we have to pay for our own crimes?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 18:13

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us. Such righteousness, is either written in our hearts, or given to us by his word, or through personal revelations etc. Our participation is wecolmed, ...[text shortened]... us points for the here after. This is why blood sacrifice was needed before Christ and after.
    I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us
    might be debalable ...

but ignoring the absurdity of that statement your assertion that one must do something more than expected to be righteous is ridiculous. What if ones god expects a blood sacrifice as the norm? by your own argument one must therefore do something a little extra, a little more special .... mmmmm let me think ... mass murder? (of non-believers, maybe)

Scarey! 😲
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 18:34

This system of values is just wacky and out of balance. The believer is encouraged to blame themselves for every shortcoming and imperfection that they have, yet take no credit for even the smallest bit of good that they do.

Is it any wonder that the 'solution' to this problem is healthy doses of bizarro-justice?!

We keep hearing statements like, "For me, this is where blood sacrifice comes into play. We need atonement for our transgressions." - as if no further explanation is necessary. As if it's perfectly obvious that the way you right a wrong is by making yet another innocent suffer.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 21:161 edit

I think we can all agree on one thing, which is that all righteousness comes from God, not us. Such righteousness, is either written in our hearts, or given to us by his word, or through personal revelations etc. Our participation is wecolmed, us points for the here after. This is why blood sacrifice was needed before Christ and after.
    For those who turn their nose up at blood sacrifice, the only alternative is atonement through good works. In other words, doing the right thing helps atone for the other times you did not do the right thing.

If you ever get around to paying attention to the teachings of Jesus, you will find a message of repentance and transformation. Repentance as in turning away from the unrighteous, not just feeling remorse. Essentially it is about BECOMING righteous, i.e., one with God. To set things right with God one must become one with God (as Jesus was one with God). What must one do to become one with God? Jesus says to follow Him, i.e., follow His teachings as He knows the way. Imagine that.

Instead, the majority focus on making primitive gestures toward God such as blood sacrifice or, in the case of the arrogantly indolent, pointing to having had that gesture made for them.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:054 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]For those who turn their nose up at blood sacrifice, the only alternative is atonement through good works. In other words, doing the right thing helps atone for the other times you did not do the right thing.

If you ever get around to paying attention to the teachings of Jesus, you will find a message of repentance and transformation. Repentance ...[text shortened]... e or, in the case of the arrogantly indolent, pointing to having had that gesture made for them.[/b]
    Essentially it is about BECOMING righteous, i.e., one with God. To set things right with God one must become one with God (as Jesus was one with God). What must one do to become one with God? Jesus says to follow Him, i.e., follow His teachings as He knows the way. Imagine that.

Instead, the majority focus on making primitive gestures toward God such as blood sacrifice or, in the case of the arrogantly indolent, pointing to having had that gesture made for them.
    -----------ToOne-----------------------------

I'm sorry but it seems once again I always have to be the one to call you out on this since many others around here appear to fear your wrath or don't want to be accused of "stalking".

🙄🙄

Since you don't actually believe in God or believe that the living God was Jesus's Father ( as he clearly taught) NOR subscribe to what Jesus taught about the Holy Spirit , doesn't all this talk about "being one with God" seem a bit strange to anyone?
    I mean , how exactly do you know anything about this if you don't actually believe in God?

How do you think you can talk with any authority about "being one with" a being in which you don't actually believe ? You are obviously talking about something which you know nothing about and don't even believe anyway.

You are the Emperor in this forum strolling around with no clothes on spouting rubbish - am I the only little boy in the crowd to shout "Oi - that bloke's naked!" ??????

Ranting on about "being at one with" a being in which you don't believe is truly bizarre and quite pathetic , especially when you use it to try and undermine others' beliefs and feign debate when you are not really taking anyone seriously.

You don't listen to anyone or debate in any consistent , fair way.

To be honest , since you put me on your ignore list I haven't really noticed any difference. It seems to me you have been ignoring us all anyway.

All this points to someone who has an agenda based on some strong emotion or past experience who just cannot be objective in any way because that would mean not being able to "axe grind".
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:20
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Essentially it is about BECOMING righteous, i.e., one with God. To set things right with God one must become one with God (as Jesus was one with God). What must one do to become one with God? Jesus says to follow Him, i.e., follow His teachings as He knows the way. Imagine that.

Instead, the majority focus on making primitive gestures toward God su ...[text shortened]... ctive in any way because that would mean not being able to "axe grind".
    I agree....
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:30

Instead, the majority focus on making primitive gestures toward God su ...[text shortened]... ctive in any way because that would mean not being able to "axe grind".
    Nice Freudian analogy choice there. You're really hot for him, aren't you?

It's no accident that, of all the responses to OP, his is the only one you responded to.

Nobody 'fears the wrath' - this whole thread idea was just a non-starter for discussion. Everyone's weary of it from the last thread.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:34
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    So you think justice necessitates that an innocent be made to bleed? What a bizarre take on justice.
    Kindly explain to the viewing public your take on justice, then. By all means.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:351 edit

Instead, the majority focus on making primitive gestures toward God su ctive in any way because that would mean not being able to "axe grind".
    Since you don't actually believe in God or believe that the living God was Jesus's Father ( as he clearly taught) NOR subscribe to what Jesus taught about the Holy Spirit , doesn't all this talk about "being one with God" seem a bit strange to anyone?
    I mean , how exactly do you know anything about this if you don't actually believe in God?

How do you think you can talk with any authority about "being one with" a being in which you don't actually believe ? You are obviously talking about something which you know nothing about and don't even believe anyway.

Yet another example of your deceitful heart.

You seem to spend half the time complaining that you don't know my position on much of the above.

You seem to spend the other half making accusations as if you know my position.

Only one conclusion can be drawn: You are a liar.

Anyone with regard for truth can see this.

BTW, you might want to consider that you're the only one who stalks me because they aren't nutters.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:401 edit

How do ant to consider that you're the only one who stalks me because they aren't nutters.
    Let's take a vote, or--- better--- a collection. You, knightmeister in a room, finally figuring who gets to be on top, who belongs on the bottom. Good Lord, if you bickered any more, we'd have to call this "The Jeffersons."
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 00:42
    [b]Since you don't actually believe in God or believe that the living God was Jesus's Father ( as he clearly taught) NOR subscribe to what Jesus taught about the Holy Spirit , doesn't all this talk about "being one with God" seem a bit strange to anyone?

How do ...[text shortened]... onclusion can be drawn: You are a liar.

Only one conclusion can be drawn: You are a liar.

---------ToOne-----------------------

....and yet you won't go on the record as saying you believe in the God that Jesus described?

Curious.

I note also that on threads where it suits you use God with a captial "G" but on other threads you have used god (lower case g) - thus aligning yourself with the Atheists.

It seems you truly are a chameleon , and worse than that , given a clear opportunity to clarify matters you decline.

Only a deceiver would have something to hide. What is it that stops you from coming clean?

You continue to hide away in the dark like a shady politician who dare not say it as it is.

Your unwillingness to clear things up once and for all tells everyone what they need to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree