1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 20:16
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks for your honest answers. Also if one were to look at those links and even other info on the actual need for a transfusion when that decision is made by a doctor, it is said that many times blood is the quick fix but actually not needed. It is more convienient to do that instead of the doctors taking their time and using the blood alternatives.
    The same can also be said of antibiotics. Antibiotics can have negative effects; they may even be an unsuccessful treatment, even when there is not a bodily intolerance; they are also over-prescribed by doctors. Are you also opposed to the use of antibiotics?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 20:28
    Now that everyone has had the chance to knock the JW's stand on blood transfusions and our refusal of them, here are just a few links to enlighten you.
    As I mentioned one reason God does not allow man to consume blood of another living creature are the obvious health risk.
    God knew this from the beginning and once he allowed man to eat flesh, he had ...[text shortened]... ood-transfusions/

http://www.naturalnews.com/030155_blood_transfusions_clinical_trials.html
    should i list here the dangers of heart surgery? yet nobody is refusing heart surgery (well, you people do because of the blood thing)

we don't do blood transfusions for fun. we do them because we must, because otherwise someone will die.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 20:44
    Now that everyone has had the chance to knock the JW's stand on blood transfusions and our refusal of them, here are just a few links to enlighten you.
    As I mentioned one reason God does not allow man to consume blood of another living creature are the obvious health risk.
    God knew this from the beginning and once he allowed man to eat flesh, he had ...[text shortened]... ood-transfusions/

http://www.naturalnews.com/030155_blood_transfusions_clinical_trials.html
    My wife had a blood transfusion this year which has transformed her health.

As taking blood transfusions is such a clear-cut doctrinal position with the JW's, please could explain succinctly what the consequences are for her spiritually and physically. Also please can you clarify (again succinctly) what the consequences are for me as her husband who supported her and stand by her decision.

Many thanks.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 20:51
    The health risk are explained in the links I posted. This is from many sources including the medical field we all use.
    I think you should answer the questions put to you this thread very clearly and very specifically.

You should start with answering the question FMF out to you several times in this thread and which you are childishly avoiding answering for some reason.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 06:03
    Originally posted by divegeester

As taking blood transfusions is such a clear-cut doctrinal position with the JW's, please could explain succinctly what the consequences are for her spiritually and physically. Also please can you clarify (again succinctly) what the consequences are for me as her husband who supported her and stand by her decision.

Many thanks.
    Bump for Galveston.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 06:05
    I think you should answer the questions put to you this thread very clearly and very specifically.

You should start with answering the question FMF out to you several times in this thread and which you are childishly avoiding answering for some reason.
    galveston75,

What was it you suddenly "learned" about blood transfusions in 1944? And how did you "learn" it?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 13:45

Many thanks.
    Bump for Galveston.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 02:02
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The same can also be said of antibiotics. Antibiotics can have negative effects; they may even be an unsuccessful treatment, even when there is not a bodily intolerance; they are also over-prescribed by doctors. Are you also opposed to the use of antibiotics?
    No not at all.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 03:32
    As far as risk vs. lives saved I bet lives saved from blood transfusion far outweigh the risk. This is also a felonious argument at best that you will get a disease or something. The risk is minimal. It would be like refusing heart surgery that can most likely save a life yet risk is there of complications. There are risk in any medical procedure. Even simple ones like getting tooth drilled or something. I will go one step further the god of the Watchtower is vile and evil because that god would rather a man die then receive a blood transfusion. The god of the watchtower can suck it!!!

Manny
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 06:54

Many thanks.
    Third bump for Galveston.

Are you deliberately avoiding answering this question?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 17:32
    Third bump for Galveston.

Are you deliberately avoiding answering this question?
    For you I am as I know you are here to argue and to tear down. I've posted these links for all to see and think about. I'm not here to argue about this information.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 17:38
    For you I am as I know you are here to argue and to tear down. I've posted these links for all to see and think about. I'm not here to argue about this information.
    Come on man up here, what do you think will happen to Christians who have blood transfusions?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 18:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Come on man up here, what do you think will happen to Christians who have blood transfusions?
    All humans including Christians will have to answer to God for all things. He is a forgiving God but still has his laws and limits for a reason.

And lets get a couple things straight here.
    Just because you or someone else here wants an answer does not mean I have to answer just as you don't. And if the answer is not what you want to hear, too bad. I've answered as I believe and so should everyone else here.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 18:40
    All humans including Christians will have to answer to God for all things. He is a forgiving God but still has his laws and limits for a reason.

And lets get a couple things straight here.
    Just because you or someone else here wants an answer does not mean I have to answer just as you don't. And if the answer is not what you want to hear, too bad. I've answered as I believe and so should everyone else here.
    I just expect an honest answer to an honest question.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 20:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I just expect an honest answer to an honest question.
    Well my answer is honest. I hope you accept it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree