1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:46
    Fischer withdrew from the 1967 Sousse Interzonal tournament in the 1966–1969
    World Championship cycle, after leading with 8½ points from the first 10 games.
    His observance of the Worldwide Church of God's sabbath was honored by the
    organizers, but deprived Fischer of several rest days, which led to a
    scheduling dispute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 06:53
    ahh, the worldwide church of god. sure brings back memories. i used to subscribe to the "plain truth."

as far as i understand it, fischer abandoned the church during times of scandal and failed prophecies.

a great chess player, but a very creepy fellow; a few screws loose in the head, some screws on too tight.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 07:52
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    ahh, the worldwide church of god. sure brings back memories. i used to subscribe to the "plain truth."

as far as i understand it, fischer abandoned the church during times of scandal and failed prophecies.

a great chess player, but a very creepy fellow; a few screws loose in the head, some screws on too tight.
    That sounds like me, huh? I mean about the screws. 😀
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 10:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    scheduling dispute.

and the point is..?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 10:391 edit
    scheduling dispute.

i resent the way those charlatans ripped Bobby off, they took advantage of his
    generosity. Fischer himself was an avid Bible reader, he went so far to state that he
    loved it. I look forward to meeting Fischer after the resurrection of the 'righteous and
    the unrighteous', and giving him a proper Bible study.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 10:41
    That sounds like me, huh? I mean about the screws. 😀
    delusions of grandeur RJH, whatever next?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 10:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I look forward to meeting Fischer after the resurrection of the 'righteous and
    As he wasn't a JW and therefore (in your version of the future) doomed, I think a patronising Bible study from you will be the last thing he would want or be in need of.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 11:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As he wasn't a JW and therefore (in your version of the future) doomed, I think a patronising Bible study from you will be the last thing he would want or be in need of.
    He got his eternal life, didn't he?
    In the history of chess anyway. He will always be remembers, therfore his name will live forever.

He is in chess heaven, where no JWer ever will enter.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 12:39
    and the point is..?
    I did not know, did you?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 14:23
    I look forward to meeting Fischer after the resurrection of the 'righteous and
    Will there still be denominations after the resurrection? Will there still be atheists?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:172 edits
    soooo wrong, the bible states that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and
    the unrighteous.

(Acts 24:15) . . ., that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the
    unrighteous.

Why are you so deviod of any reasoning? Is it perhaps because your own faith is
    not based upon reason that you need to vilify others? Why is that? Why must you
    constantly project your ignorance of Biblical truths with regard to our beliefs and
    construe them as something detrimental? Millions of persons have been helped to
    overcome all manner of adversity through our Bible education work, i repeat,
    millions, and the best you can do is to pour scorn on that awesome achievement.
    Again another post which reflects badly not upon me or my beliefs, but your mean
    spirited disposition towards us.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Will there still be denominations after the resurrection? Will there still be atheists?
    I repeat, there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
    Many persons who never had the chance to get to know God will be resurrected, only
    God knows who will be resurrected.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:251 edit
    soooo wrong, the bible states that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and
    the unrighteous.

(Acts 24:15) . . ., that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the
    unrighteous.

you were saying????
    Edit: Delete.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:281 edit
    I repeat, there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
    Many persons who never had the chance to get to know God will be resurrected, only
    God knows who will be resurrected.
    Wasn't that stated as a hope?

NIV

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Sorry if this is a repeat.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:30
    the unrighteous.

unrighteous.

Why are you so deviod of any reasoning? Is it perhaps because your own faith is
    not based upon reason that you need to vilify ot ...[text shortened]... which reflects badly not upon me or my beliefs, but your mean
    spirited disposition towards us.
    I know what the Bible says robbie, but as you and I both know JW doctrine states that only JWs will either inherit the earth or go into heaven; so as BF was not a JW the point in my previous post stating that he will not need you pratling and preaching at him when he is on the verge of the JW's god's judgement, is completely pertinant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree