1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I know what the Bible says robbie, but as you and I both know JW doctrine states that only JWs will either inherit the earth or go into heaven; so as BF was not a JW the point in my previous post stating that he will not need you pratling and preaching at him when he is on the verge of the JW's god's judgement, is completely pertinant.
    wrong, you dont know anything with regard to our beliefs of who will be resurrected or
    not, otherwise you would not have uttered your erroneous statement.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:33
    Originally posted by JS357
    Wasn't that stated as a hope?

NIV

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Sorry if this is a repeat.
    resurrection is a certainty, the hope is, that we will be among those resurrected. This
    very teaching exposes the false premise that all good people go to heaven, as
    espoused by many Christian denominations.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wrong, you dont know anything with regard to our beliefs of who will be resurrected or
    not, otherwise you would not have uttered your erroneous statement.
    OK help me. Can a non-JW person enter heaven or inherit the paradise earth you talk about.

This is important right...
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:41
    I did not know that Bobby Fischer had any relations to the World Wide Church of God. I know of no details as to the timing of that association.

The World Wide Church of God is an atypical and unusual story for a heterodox group. The son of the founder T G Armstrong straigtened out some of their wong teachings from what I have heard.

They corrected themselves from the errors of their founder Ted Garner Armstrong and that is unusual for a heterodox denomination or cult.

I have no opinion about the great chess player's theism or atheism whatever the case was.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 16:52
    I repeat, there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
    Many persons who never had the chance to get to know God will be resurrected, only
    God knows who will be resurrected.
    Will people still have children, or will people be immortal?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 17:262 edits
    resurrection is a certainty, the hope is, that we will be among those resurrected. This
    very teaching exposes the false premise that all good people go to heaven, as
    espoused by many Christian denominations.
    wrong response.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 17:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I was not asked. But I will give my present opinion.

Immortality with procreation with some may be the case.
    Some people in the eternal age will be giving birth to children.

These are not the people in "New Jerusalem".
    These are the people over whom the sons of God of New Jerusalem reign "forever and ever".

That is might present understanding.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 19:39
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I did not know that Bobby Fischer had any relations to the World Wide Church of God. I know of no details as to the timing of that association.

The [b]World Wide Church of God
    is an atypical and unusual story for a heterodox group. The son of the founder T G Armstrong straigtened out some of their wong teachings from what I have heard.

They corr ...[text shortened]...

I have no opinion about the great chess player's theism or atheism whatever the case was.[/b]
    They had some wrong teachings like all the organized churches, but they
    did acknowledge Wednesday as the true crucifixion day of the week.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:17
    Will there still be denominations after the resurrection? Will there still be atheists?
    Could you stand in front of God and still claim there is no God?

There's your answer. If you could still claim there is no God, with the proof in front of you, then your infatuation with yourself is truly limitless.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:19
    what about "eternal life" don't you get?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:26
    Originally posted by JS357
    Wasn't that stated as a hope?
    All will be resurrected to face Judgement. To face the ramifications of their choice. That's the reason for being resurrected. Only some won't like their Judgement.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne

There's your answer. If you could still claim there is no God, with the proof in front of you, then your infatuation with yourself is truly limitless.
    that depends on what "god" turns out to be.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:341 edit
    All will be resurrected to face Judgement. To face the ramifications of their choice. That's the reason for being resurrected. Only some won't like their Judgement.
    it the biblegod is the judge, i certainly won't like the judgement either way. i have no confidence in its ability to judge.

further, there is a conflict of interest: a law-maker cannot be a judge of his own laws. there is no impartiality or fairness. it the bible, this is actually bragged about as there is rampant cronyism and the cronies get the better "judgement."
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:47

He said nothing about standing in front of God. He talked about Bible reading with Bobby Fischer, implying that there were still things in the Bible that required clarification. I was wondering if the existence of God was one of those things.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 20:49
    what about "eternal life" don't you get?
    He said nothing of "eternal life". I wanted clarification.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree