book of revelations

book of revelations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
11 Feb 08
1 edit

i'm no christian, but i'm sure the book of revelations says something like satan will be released from his prison to cause havoc to the world...

i was reading the other day on the german and russian conflict during ww2, eyewitnesses said it was hell on earth, mass slaughter, starvation, rape, murder.... one said "the sun never shined, no birds overhead, it was nothing but fire and destruction"...

if the book of revelations is true, does this imply it in fact took place during this period?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
11 Feb 08

For the story of the "great battle of Megiddo" see Thutmoses III.

s

England

Moves
11 Feb 08

yes it says something like you mention but all wars have the same terms but the war for good V evil within your soul is by far the greater

j

Moves
11 Feb 08
1 edit

=======================================

i'm no christian,

====================================

By this do you mean that you are not a "good" behaving person? Or do you mean that you have not believed in your heart that God raised Jesus His Son from the dead to be your Lord and Savior?

Being a Christina is not about excercising your effort to be a good behaving person. It is receiving the resurrected Christ into your being and allowing Him to spread His Spirit into your soul and into all of your actions and reactions.

===================================
but i'm sure the book of revelations
============================

It is the book of Revelation (singular) not revelations (plural).

The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

=====================================
says something like satan will be released from his prison to cause havoc to the world...
================================

Read chapters 19, 20, and 21.

In chapter 19 Christ and His overcoming army set down upon the earth and physically war against the coming Antichrist and his armies. After the defeat of those armies Satan is bound for a period of 1,000 years. This is in chapter 20.

After the period of 1,000 years he is loosed from his prison to go out and once more attempt to deceive the people of the nations who have been born during the 1,000 year millennial kingdom.

Some of them will be deceived and have thier turn to decide either for Christ or against Christ - for they were born during the restoration.

From that rebellion Satan's last station is the eternal perdition of damnation after the 1,000 year millennial kingdom. Chapters 21 and 22 discribe the new universe totally free from Satan's influence either bound or free.

There is restoration, final trial, and Satan's destruction and a new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells.

=======================================
i was reading the other day on the german and russian conflict during ww2, eyewitnesses said it was hell on earth, mass slaughter, starvation, rape, murder.... one said "the sun never shined, no birds overhead, it was nothing but fire and destruction"...
==========================================

But Christ's promises cannot fail to materialize. He said "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."

So the reliability of the uttered words of Jesus Christ are more certain and will outlast even the physical universe.

============================
if the book of revelations is true, does this imply it in fact took place during this period?
==================================

Some of the things which we dread will happen, and worse.

But this book is mainly "the Revelation of Jesus Christ" not the Revelation of earthquakes, dragons, fires, wars, locusts, and horns.

The central figure is Jesus Christ and His unfailing faithfulness. His promises and He Himself will outlast the physical universe. Heaven and earth will pass away before His words fail.

So trust in Him and be at peace in the victorious Son of God.

s

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]=======================================

i'm no christian,

====================================

By this do you mean that you are not a "good" behaving person? Or do you mean that you have not believed in your heart that God raised Jesus His Son from the dead to be your Lord and Savior?

Being a Christina is not about excercising ...[text shortened]... His words fail.

So trust in Him and be at peace in the victorious Son of God.[/b]
Just curious... For you to be a Christian, you really have to believe what's in the Bible? Most of it is simply outdated and ridiculous. Can't you just take the good message without the non-sense?

G
Neochristian Patzer

Pennsylvania, USA

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i'm no christian, but i'm sure the book of revelations says something like satan will be released from his prison to cause havoc to the world...

i was reading the other day on the german and russian conflict during ww2, eyewitnesses said it was hell on earth, mass slaughter, starvation, rape, murder.... one said "the sun never shined, no birds overhe ...[text shortened]... f the book of revelations is true, does this imply it in fact took place during this period?
Some believe the Book of Revelation was describing spiritual, not natural events. All of the conflicts and wars in it are symbols for theological changes that happened in the Christian world in the eighteenth century. That's one of the basic tenets of Swedenborgianism, actually:

http://heavenlydoctrines.org/static/d10964/0.htm

Moves
12 Feb 08

i was reading the other day on the german and russian conflict during ww2, eyewitnesses said it was hell on earth, mass slaughter, starvation, rape, murder.... one said "the sun never shined, no birds overhe ...[text shortened]... f the book of revelations is true, does this imply it in fact took place during this period?
That is the only book of the Bible I like! It's fun! But I don't think so...

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
12 Feb 08

This gives me an idea for an excellent culture jam: someone needs to switch the contents of Revelations and Deuteronomy in all newly-minted Bibles, so the coolest book can have the coolest name.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Feb 08

No.

You'll have to understand the chronology of events that needs to take place before the event you described will happen.