1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 04:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You don't think she had something to do with it? (just a thought)
    True, she could have done something to him that forced him into being a man whore.

I hate it when that happens!! 😠
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 05:21
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The only Buddhism that I really know is Zen. There is no god to either forgive or condemn. You can seek forgiveness and reconciliation from the ones that you’ve harmed. The guiding ethical principle is compassion, so it is not just about receiving forgiveness, but seeking to repair the harm done to other—when possible.

There is also karma, and the oppo ...[text shortened]... cularly helpful; but there are also contributions by the Dalai Lama, and a range of Christians.
    Thanks for sharing once again. I think forgiveness and reconciliation to be a vital aspect of any religion, assuming it is a religion that has any relevancy in our lives whatsoever. After all, we all need it.

As for the Christian aspect of forgiveness, there first needs to be repentence. or a turning away from the offense in question followed by reconciation if possible. However, as Christ once aptly pointed out, those who sin often become a slave to sin. I think the modern day term is "addicted". Paul I think referred to it as a dog returning to his vomit. Christ indicated that he has the power to break such sin in our lives and whom the son sets free will be set free indeed!!

So does anyone think Tiger has a sex addiction?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 09:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Thanks for sharing once again. I think forgiveness and reconciliation to be a vital aspect of any religion, assuming it is a religion that has any relevancy in our lives whatsoever. After all, we all need it.

As for the Christian aspect of forgiveness, there first needs to be repentence. or a turning away from the offense in question followed by reconcia ...[text shortened]... e son sets free will be set free indeed!!

So does anyone think Tiger has a sex addiction?
    Not anymore than the average billionare.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:36
    Not anymore than the average billionare.
    So is the problem that he has money or that money has him?
  5. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 23:391 edit
    So is the problem that he has money or that money has him?
    The problem is neither and both.

He lives in a world that is completely different to (almost) the rest of us. For a large part of his short life he has not had to be accountable for his actions to the same degree as the norm. By being a marketable athlete that can hit a ball well he (until a few months ago) was put on some some a ludicrously high pedestal and idolised by many. The media created this bubble and perpetuated it - now it has burst and we see that he is a normal person who has made a lot of stupid decisions.

Tiger talks people listen money or not - the fact that it is Tiger talking seems to mean more than if it is someone else - yet he is just a guy that can hit a golf ball well and look good doing it.

If you had spent the best part of 20 years in a world where people thought the sun shined outta your butt just by being alive you would grow to have a pretty farked up view of the world and l daoubt anyone could remain anywhere near normal.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 23:44
    I asked this over at sports but got no answer.ie:Has Tiger quit golf?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 23:521 edit
    He announced that he is taking an indefinite leave from professional golf.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 00:49
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    He announced that he is taking an indefinite leave from professional golf.
    And only 2 majors away from Nicklaus' record. Right?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 02:17
    Originally posted by nook7
    The problem is neither and both.

He lives in a world that is completely different to (almost) the rest of us. For a large part of his short life he has not had to be accountable for his actions to the same degree as the norm. By being a marketable athlete that can hit a ball well he (until a few months ago) was put on some some a ludicrously high pedestal a ...[text shortened]... have a pretty farked up view of the world and l daoubt anyone could remain anywhere near normal.
    So the answer is that his money owns him.

I don't doubt that he lives in a differen world from us. In fact, who knows how we would have turned out in life with every woman within a 10 mile radius throwing themsevles at you simply because you are a billionare and attractive. The bottom line is that we all need checks and balances in life, but when you have such power those checks and balances tend to evaporate. As a result, I think his wife leaving him could have been one of the best things that could have happened to him. He finally got a swift kick in the arse that his money and good looks had no power in preventing. In fact, we all need one from time to time because we all deserve one form time to time.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 02:191 edit
    Who cares so long as the man gets straitened out? He has enough money to last a billion life times. Granted, I know that the world of golf hopes he will return, but they only care about the jack he will bring to the game.
  11. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 07:03
    So the answer is that his money owns him.

I don't doubt that he lives in a differen world from us. In fact, who knows how we would have turned out in life with every woman within a 10 mile radius throwing themsevles at you simply because you are a billionare and attractive. The bottom line is that we all need checks and balances in life, but when you hav ...[text shortened]... ting. In fact, we all need one from time to time because we all deserve one form time to time.
    l hope the reality check helps him regain an appreciation for what is really important in his life.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by nook7
    l hope the reality check helps him regain an appreciation for what is really important in his life.
    And it ain't money, is it? It also is not about really good at hitting little white balls.
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 09:24
    And it ain't money, is it? It also is not about really good at hitting little white balls.
    lol very true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree