1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Lets see.

sonhouse wrote the following:
    Look at K T Tunstall, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, live, you can see what she does, which is all her

You responded with the following:
    She clearly has a guitar. It is not 'all her'.

So I called you on it:
    [quote]Well, it's really not difficult to understand what sh mean ...[text shortened]... tually believe that nonsense. Or that anyone else will.

Would it really kill you to admit it?
    He seems to think I think 'unmodified guitar' is superior because it is unmodified but I know guitars hooked to synth's can make good music but a guitar all by itself played by a virtuoso is in a class by itself. You can't compare a guitar piece played by Paco De Pena or Andres Segovia to an expert synth guitarist. For one thing, good luck getting the synth guy to make anything when the power goes out unless he has battery backup. The guitar all by itself is capable of really beautiful and subtle music in the hands of Ana Vidovic or Christopher Parkening. It is just a different world.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:21
    I've seen quite a few people on this forum go to great lengths to admit something (including you on more than a couple of occasions), but this one really takes the prize.

Hopefully you aren't so delusional that you actually believe that nonsense. Or that anyone else will.
    I actually believe what I said, and sonhouse has confirmed that I am correct.

Would it really kill you to admit it?
    What am I supposed to be admitting? You didn't actually explain what you thought sonhouse meant and most of your post was about the 'level' you believe I argue at. So what 'level' exactly is that that I am supposed to be admitting to?

No, I think the admitting needs to come from you on this one. My post went right over your head and now you are embarrassed.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    For one thing, good luck getting the synth guy to make anything when the power goes out unless he has battery backup.
    The ridiculous arguments you come up with to justify your bias just keep getting funnier.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The ridiculous arguments you come up with to justify your bias just keep getting funnier.
    It wasn't meant to be too serious🙂

Look at this drop dead gorgeous girl, Ana Vidovic on classical guitar, as an example:

YouTube
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 19:586 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He seems to think I think 'unmodified guitar' is superior because it is unmodified but I know guitars hooked to synth's can make good music but a guitar all by itself played by a virtuoso is in a class by itself. You can't compare a guitar piece played by Paco De Pena or Andres Segovia to an expert synth guitarist. For one thing, good luck getting the synth ...[text shortened]... subtle music in the hands of Ana Vidovic or Christopher Parkening. It is just a different world.
    And it's a world where you can't hide your deficiencies behind electronic effects. So you don't need to explain yourself to me. I think I understand where you're coming from even if TW doesn't. TW doesn't seem to understand much about music and so can't even begin to appreciate a virtuoso performance. He doesn't know what to do besides continue to show his ignorance.

When you provided the link to K T Tunstall and said that it was "all her" all TW could think to say was, "She clearly has a guitar. It is not 'all her'".

His explanation of the comment and claims since then have been equally laughable. It's the way TW often gets. He not all that bright. He's not even bright enough to understand that.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 02:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 06:411 edit
    And it's a world where you can't hide your deficiencies behind electronic effects. So you don't need to explain yourself to me. I think I understand where you're coming from even if TW doesn't. TW doesn't seem to understand much about music and so can't even begin to appreciate a virtuoso performance. He doesn't know what to do besides continue to show his ignorance.
    So first its "that's your 'level'", then its "you'll never admit it" and now its talking behind my back?

His explanation of the comment and claims since then have been equally laughable. It's the way TW often gets. He not all that bright. He's not even bright enough to understand that.
    Hilarious. So why are you scared to talk to me directly if I am not so bright?

Just admit it already, my post went right over your head and you are embarrassed about it.

If I truly don't understand that much about music and you truly 'understand where he is coming from', then why don't you try explaining it? Or am I just to dumb to understand someone as intelligent as you, so you are left with chatting with your fellow intelligentsia?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Apr '16 00:20
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WENLp3XMTUs
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '16 02:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WENLp3XMTUs
    oh dear.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 02:361 edit
    YouTube

I don't know what he'll make of this, and while the style and the particular topic the speaker in the video clip is addressing are different, this monologue reminds me of sonship.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '16 03:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    [youtube]WENLp3XMTUs[/youtube]

I don't know what he'll make of this, and while the style and the particular topic the speaker in the video clip is addressing are different, this monologue reminds me of sonship.
    All I wanna know is, why is a dude named Jasmine?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 04:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    All I wanna know is, why is a dude named Jasmine?
    Did the speaker on the video get any of his Bible references and interpretations "wrong"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree