1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 20:14
    Originally posted by knightmeister

Getr someone early enough and you can convince them of anything (or turn them off anything)
    With regard to John 3:16, does belief in Christ induced through such early brainwashing count?
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 16:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    With regard to John 3:16, does belief in Christ induced through such early brainwashing count?
    In a way yes it does. Someone who only believes because they have been brainwashed , doesn't properly believe in my book (even john 3:16). Belief has to be thought through and questioned.

I expected such a question to be asked as it is an obvious point to make. You are usually less predictable than this.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 16:18
    In a way yes it does. Someone who only believes because they have been brainwashed , doesn't properly believe in my book (even john 3:16). Belief has to be thought through and questioned.

I expected such a question to be asked as it is an obvious point to make. You are usually less predictable than this.
    Will Muslims who are brainwashed early enough into believing in Allah instead of Jesus be accepted into heaven?
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 16:58
    Will Muslims who are brainwashed early enough into believing in Allah instead of Jesus be accepted into heaven?
    Yes. The word is "educated."
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Yes. The word is "educated."
    See! You are a Muslim after all. Children who are "educated" about Allah will go to Heaven...that's no atheist argument.

Just like you know how all whites and all blacks and all other minorities always think...I know you must be Muslim and that you like to main women and children so you can get virgins in Heaven. I mean...you're an Arab, and you're all into race and how stereotypes are correct.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 17:21
    Quite possibly. Why not?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 17:28
    Quite possibly. Why not?
    Isn't it striking to you that with all of the exceptions that get people a free pass into heaven, only a very small portion of people in heaven (maybe 1% to 5% as a rough estimate) will be be there due to actual voluntary belief in Jesus?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 17:471 edit
    Isn't it striking to you that with all of the exceptions that get people a free pass into heaven, only a very small portion of people in heaven (maybe 1% to 5% as a rough estimate) will be be there due to actual voluntary belief in Jesus?
    It makes sense if you believe Jesus' saving us really was a gift and that he doesn't demand our worship.

Well...sort of. I mean it makes sense assuming one does indeed worship Jesus.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 19:07
    A lot of people will say yes to Jesus without really appreciating what they have done. Everyone has a free pass into heaven but some people throw away the ticket , and it's not neccessarily about an intellectual neah or yeah to a certain belief.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 19:45
    Everyone has a free pass into heaven but some people throw away the ticket
    Then what's the point of evangelism? If what you say is true, then presenting somebody with the choice to accept or reject Christ can only lower their chances of being saved.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 20:53
    Then what's the point of evangelism? If what you say is true, then presenting somebody with the choice to accept or reject Christ can only lower their chances of being saved.
    Missionary: Believe in Jesus, and you will be saved from the eternal damnation of burning in Hell!
    Inuit: I surely don't want to burn in Hell. I'll believe in Jesus. To think I would have burned in Hell had I not met you and heard of Jesus.
    Missionary: No my son, God is merciful and would not send someone to Hell if they had not heard about Jesus.
    Inuit: But that means that I wasn't going to hell.
    Missionary: True, but now that you've heard, you will go to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.
    Inuit: Then why did you tell me?

http://www.redriverfreethinkers.org/humor/whytellme.htm
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 21:34
    Someone can accept of reject Christ without being evangelised. Whether they are evangelised or not makes no difference , ultimately it will be their own spiritual relationship with christ that cuts the mustard.

Think of it like healthy dieting. If someone spreads the word about healthy eating then that's good and it will make a massive difference to many , but that does not mean that those who do not hear the word cannot take steps to live healthily. Just because some people can eat sensibly in their own right is not a good reason to question the wisdom of spreading the word on good eating.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 21:53
    Someone can accept of reject Christ without being evangelised. Whether they are evangelised or not makes no difference , ultimately it will be their own spiritual relationship with christ that cuts the mustard.

Think of it like healthy dieting. If someone spreads the word about healthy eating then that's good and it will make a massive difference t ...[text shortened]... ir own right is not a good reason to question the wisdom of spreading the word on good eating.
    You don't get it.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 22:57
    You don't get it.
    Don't get what? You didn't say , or present an argument.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 23:09
    Don't get what? You didn't say , or present an argument.
    You wouldn't know an argument if it hit you in the face with a Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree