1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 19:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    one consciousness? what pretentiousness is this? My dear fellow what consciousness does granite rock have? Complete union without consciousness is not possible.

What else can you teach me? something, anything would be fine.
    Maybe someone can teach you that the grain of sand was an analogy. 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 20:322 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Maybe someone can teach you that the grain of sand was an analogy. 🙂
    It was a grain of salt. Man if you cannot get that correct what hope is there for you? Please send the next teacher in. Neeeeeext.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 23:32
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    As I understand Buddhism, which isn't much I admit, the entire point is to get off the wheel of life and enter a state of nonbeing. So rather than promise eternal life they promise oblivion.

Edit: I wrote that in the expectation of being corrected if I had it wrong?
    I would call it "non being" ,but you are more or less on the mark.
    Same thing with Hindus, however most of them believe their "eternal lives" will come after a "few" more incarnations.
    Buddhism uses a lot of Hindu terminology
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 23:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't really think of Buddhism as a religion, as such. But it was sloppy of me, perhaps, not to add that footnote when I referred to "all" religions, as my take on Buddhism is not shared by everyone.
    Like Christianity, Buddhism has different sects
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 23:37
    one consciousness? what pretentiousness is this? My dear fellow what consciousness does granite rock have? Complete union without consciousness is not possible.

What else can you teach me? something, anything would be fine.
    One consciousness , yes that's seems about right.
    "Throw away" your separate consciousness(ego) for the direct lighting that illuminates all things.

Our separation from the 'light' is the root cause of all negative things in this world
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 23:39
    It was a grain of salt. Man if you cannot get that correct what hope is there for you? Please send the next teacher in. Neeeeeext.
    Here's introducing ..... Yourself. You do have that inner voice don't you? 'Tis a fine teacher if you learn how to listen to that voice
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 May '17 07:37
    The grain of salt may indeed appear to vanish from existence when it dissolves into the ocean. But taste the water sir, and it will taste salty....

Dwell on that a little and prepare yourself for your next lesson. (It involves a teapot).
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 08:311 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The grain of salt may indeed appear to vanish from existence when it dissolves into the ocean. But taste the water sir, and it will taste salty....

Dwell on that a little and prepare yourself for your next lesson. (It involves a teapot).
    Dear Master GOAD, I appreciate that its an analogy, I appreciate that you are one again although in a different 'form' in 'the oneness of being'. What I cannot see and its not readily apparent is that you are conscious of this 'being' and my contention is that if you are not conscious then there is no 'being.' As King of the Easy riders and therefore chess King of the internet please gather your scholars and have them deliberate on this matter.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 May '17 10:32
    Dear Master GOAD, I appreciate that its an analogy, I appreciate that you are one again although in a different 'form' in 'the oneness of being'. What I cannot see and its not readily apparent is that you are conscious of this 'being' and my contention is that if you are not conscious then there is no 'being.' As King of the Easy riders and therefor ...[text shortened]... chess King of the internet please gather your scholars and have them deliberate on this matter.
    Your individual consciousness is an illusion, a dream.

Wake up.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 11:25
    Your individual consciousness is an illusion, a dream.

Wake up.
    dream or illusion its still consciousness.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 May '17 11:38
    dream or illusion its still consciousness.
    Sigh, young padawan.

Think of God as pure happiness. Currently you dwell in an illusion of mortal suffering. Why wouldn't you want to become part of the happiness, part of the divine?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 11:56
    Sigh, young padawan.

Think of God as pure happiness. Currently you dwell in an illusion of mortal suffering. Why wouldn't you want to become part of the happiness, part of the divine?
    I do but i wanna be conscious of it, I don't want to be a snowflake on the river or a stone in the water, I want to be conscious. Buddhism if it cannot guarantee me consciousness is a fail.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 May '17 14:13
    I do but i wanna be conscious of it, I don't want to be a snowflake on the river or a stone in the water, I want to be conscious. Buddhism if it cannot guarantee me consciousness is a fail.
    You have a long path to walk on your journey sir.

You may need to lose some weight.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 14:50
    You have a long path to walk on your journey sir.

You may need to lose some weight.
    yes have you tried beer yoga, its all the rage!
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '17 18:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree