1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 13:071 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    My proof of the resurrection was the witnesses around it, not some trust me it happen.
    I agree decent people believe weird stuff not denying that.
    I'm not doubting good ole Joe's story about New York, but those things he wrote about
    with the help of angels.
    I share your skepticism about Joe's tablets, especially the manner of their disappearance. I feel exactly the same way about the disappearance of the body of Jesus.

I don't doubt that Jesus lived and preached and died, just the impossible bits of the story.

There are much more plausible explanations for the disappearance of a corpse, or a set of tablets, which do not require the suspension of impossibility. Of course, the other explanations are less edifying ...

PS There are people who claim to have been abducted by space aliens. Do you believe them, too, as direct witnesses to an amazing event? Or do you expect some additional 'hard evidence' beyond their say-so? E.g., proof that space aliens really exist and really came to Earth.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 14:16
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    I share your skepticism about Joe's tablets, especially the manner of their disappearance. I feel exactly the same way about the disappearance of the body of Jesus.

I don't doubt that Jesus lived and preached and died, just the impossible bits of the story.

There are much more plausible explanations for the disappearance of a corpse, or a set of tab ...[text shortened]... dence' beyond their say-so? E.g., proof that space aliens really exist and really came to Earth.
    Jesus body didn't disappear more than a few saw Him, even enduring torture in their profession of that fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree