1. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 05:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How can I trust researchers who do clumsy work?
    Again, don't be like the Thessalonians.
  2. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 06:04
    Originally posted by CalJust
    [b]Hi sonship,

Firstly, Christianity is NOT a denomination, but a form of religion (for lack of a better word). It is generally recognized as containing MANY different sub-groups, some large and some small, and some such larger sub-groups (especially Pentecostalism) having itself many sub-groups. But to call christianity a denomination is simply wrong.
    I do not like the term religion because according to the Latin word "Religion" is religionis which the English word "religion" is derived means "to bind up." The Lord Jesus did not come to bind us up in rules and regulations or rituals of devotion, but to set us free to be man as God intended.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 15:20
    Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
    I do not like the term religion because according to the Latin word "Religion" is religionis which the English word "religion" is derived means "to bind up." The Lord Jesus did not come to bind us up in rules and regulations or rituals of devotion, but to set us free to be man as God intended.
    And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

(Matthew 16:18-19 NKJV)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 18:112 edits
    I believe this can be summed up with the fact that we must believe in and trust in the Lord Jesus for our salvation. We can not save ourselves.
    This is the milk of the word.
    Milk is good but some have grown to take meat too.
    Some have gone on to eat more solid food.
    (Hebrews 5:12)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 18:151 edit
    And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. [b]And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

(Matthew 16:18-19 NKJV)[/b]
    Are you saying that all the ones bound by the Lord in heaven and the bound by the praying saints on earth are the "religious" ?

Then we should seek to be bound on earth and in heaven so as to be religious?

This doesn't make sense. I don't understand your reference in this context.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 18:28
    How can I trust researchers who do clumsy work?
    These researchers were at first more vehemently opposed to Witness Lee than you are. They started out by assuming many in the local churches were not saved.

It was when some were called to court for making libelous charges which are against the law in this country, that they then turned and pleaded that Christian brothers should not take other Christian brothers to court.

I don't know where you were in 1978 but I lived through those days.
    I never thought that someone like Gretchen Passasintino would one day say "We Were Wrong."

But no lie can live forever. And the truth of Witness Lee's ministry when carefully examined over that period of six years, accompanied by global travel, proved quite orthodox.

This doesn't mean that the researcher have to agree on all points. But the slanderous hysteria which people like you wish to stir up again, was seen through.

For example, some theologians from Fuller Theological Seminary also confirmed that the cult smear was all wrong.

In late 2004 a separate dialogue was initiated between Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, and representatives of the local churches and LSM. A group of three distinguished members of the Seminary—President Richard Mouw, Dean of Theology Howard Loewen, and Professor of Systematic Theology Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen—performed an extensive and careful review and evaluation of our teachings and practices. Of their meetings with the representatives of the local churches and LSM they said, “Our times together were characterized by sincere, open, transparent, and unrestricted dialog.” As a result of their review, they issued a statement (also reproduced in this book) in which they concluded “that the teachings and practices of the local churches and its members represent the genuine, historical, biblical Christian faith in every essential aspect.” They also reported finding “a great disparity between the perceptions that have been generated in some circles concerning the teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee and the actual teachings found in their writings.”

But you keep sticking to your accusations. You have done a great service by causing more important truth be brought out about important teachings for the Christians in these last days.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 05:35
    Originally posted by sonship
    This is the milk of the word.
    Milk is good but some have grown to take meat too.
    Some have gone on to eat more solid food.
    [b](Hebrews 5:12)
    [/b]
    Maybe you are the one that needs more milk, because you can't take solid food.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 05:37
    Are you saying that all the ones bound by the Lord in heaven and the bound by the praying saints on earth are the "religious" ?

Then we should seek to be bound on earth and in heaven so as to be religious?

This doesn't make sense. I don't understand your reference in this context.
    I am referring to the Trinity Doctrine that was bond on earth by the Church.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 05:41
    These researchers were at first more vehemently opposed to Witness Lee than you are. They started out by assuming many in the local churches were not saved.

It was when some were called to court for making libelous charges which are against the law in this country, that they then turned and pleaded that Christian brothers should not take other Christia ...[text shortened]... important truth be brought out about important teachings for the Christians in these last days.
    I am not saying that the Local Churches are not teaching a lot of orthodox teachings, but they have a mixture of truth and error and need to get rid of the leaven before it spoils the whole loaf.
  10. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 11:32
    I am not saying that the Local Churches are not teaching a lot of orthodox teachings, but they have a mixture of truth and error and need to get rid of the leaven before it spoils the whole loaf.
    Is because you don't know what is Two-foldness of the Divine Truth.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 11:586 edits
    Concerning RJHind's little comments -

I don't intent to expend time and energy on trollish comments. They are far too easy to type off with little real thought involved.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 15:41
    That is because there is no Two-foldness of the Divine Truth.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 15:43
    Brother RJHinds, I love you in the Lord.
    We just will have to disagree on this.

Praise God.
  14. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 15:47
    That is because there is no Two-foldness of the Divine Truth.
    We all have disagreements to each other.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 15:50
    We all have disagreements to each other.
    True. We need to hold fast Christ the Head because probably two Christians (in themselves) don't see eye to eye on something.

We have hold fast the the Living Person the Lord as the Head.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree