1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:12
    At the end of this summer, I will be traveling to the Galapagos Islands, known primarily for their animal life that Darwin observed while formulating his ideas of evolution and made popular through his publication Voyage of the Beagle.

If anybody has simple observations that they would like for me to make while I am there, I will entertain requests and report my findings.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:15
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    At the end of this summer, I will be traveling to the Galapagos Islands, known primarily for their animal life that Darwin observed while formulating his ideas of evolution and made popular through his publication Voyage of the Beagle.

If anybody has simple observations that they would like for me to make while I am there, I will entertain requests and report my findings.
    Let us know if the deluge of tourists is ruining the Galapagos Islands.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:17

Where is the spirit in this?

ES
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Let us know if the deluge of tourists is ruining the Galapagos Islands.
    From what I understand, there is no such deluge. Ecuador has strict limits in place on the number of tourists allowed to enter the islands each year. Those that do are required to be accompanied by a government tour guide who ensures that the tourists don't run amok catching animals and carving their initials in the trees and such. There is also a ban in place on futher commercial development of the islands, which currently is minimal and supports only the islands 3,500 residents and the small number of tourists that are given access.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:251 edit
    From what I understand, there is no such deluge. Ecuador has strict limits in place on the number of tourists allowed to enter the islands each year. Those that do are required to be accompanied by a government tour guide who ensu ...[text shortened]... residents and the small number of tourists that are given access.
    That's some good news. (That too!)
    |
    |
    |
    V
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 May '05 05:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Where is the spirit in this?

ES
    Off the coast of Ecuador, on the northwest coast of South America.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:00

Yup... look around for any telltale signs of a spiritual creator , at work creating new species of little birdies.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:14

.... and see whether you can find little red froggies with a fork in their hands ...... 😀
  9. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:14
    Bring me back a tortoise that's older than Noah.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    08 May '05 14:29

Just take a good digital camera and shoot the finches. Then, post the photos where we call all see them.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 May '05 17:10
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

.... and see whether you can find little red froggies with a fork in their hands ...... 😀
    a the little red frog is proof of eternal reincarnation
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 May '05 02:291 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    a the little red frog is proof of eternal reincarnation

Ah .... don't we New Agers all believe in reïncarnation ?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '05 03:24
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Ah .... don't we New Agers all believe in reïncarnation ?
    I believe reincarnation is a very old concept. Why is it that only the Christians are right about anything?

ES
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    09 May '05 03:30
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I believe reincarnation is a very old concept. Why is it that only the Christians are right about anything?

ES
    Because they say so.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '05 03:43
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Because they say so.
    A simple 'cuz' would do.

ES

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree