1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 00:02
    This is just too much. What a great witness to the discourse and debates of RHP upon the rest of the world. Please comment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SUING_GOD?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 00:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This is just too much. What a great witness to the discourse and debates of RHP upon the rest of the world. Please comment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SUING_GOD?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
    Ernie Chambers is awesome!
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 14:29
    "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

Nice, though he probably should have specified "actual notice".
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 15:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

Nice, though he probably should have specified "actual notice".
    But since God is omnipotent, he must be able to avoid service.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 16:03
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    But since God is omnipotent, he must be able to avoid service.
    The idea behind service is to give the Defendant notice of the action. Since, as Ernie points out, God already has actual notice, God's sneaky attempt to avoid service shouldn't avail him.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The idea behind service is to give the Defendant notice of the action. Since, as Ernie points out, God already has actual notice, God's sneaky attempt to avoid service shouldn't avail him.
    But God should be entitled to the same due process as everybody else. The omniscient ought not be victims of discrimination.

You can yell at your neighbor "I'm suing your sorry ass" over the fence, but that doesn't count as actual notice. Simply announcing to God that he is being sued shouldn't carry any more weight.
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 19:30
    But God should be entitled to the same due process as everybody else. The omniscient ought not be victims of discrimination.

You can yell at your neighbor "I'm suing your sorry ass" over the fence, but that doesn't count as actual notice. Simply announcing to God that he is being sued shouldn't carry any more weight.
    "The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Surely, if the court acknowledges the existence of God, it also has his address?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 19:59

You yelling at your neighbor doesn't actually mean that you have "sued his ass" and thus doesn't import actual notice. Moreover, it does not provide notice of the specific allegations. Whereas, God is aware of the filing and of every allegation in the Complaint.

God is getting the same due process as Joe the Plumber or Joe SixPack; he has been given actual notice of the suit and its allegations. Therefore, I don't see any Equal Protection argument.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 20:08
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    "The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Surely, if the court acknowledges the existence of God, it also has his address?
    You have erred. "The courts" know of me (that I exist). But they know not where I live. (not yet anyway--and I plan to keep it that way)
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 20:56
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    You have erred. "The courts" know of me (that I exist). But they know not where I live. (not yet anyway--and I plan to keep it that way)
    But if that is the case, you can never be sued. The courts cannot serve notice (unless you are, as in this case, omnicient, and therefore already know of the notice (not to mention the prosecution case, the defence case, the way the jury will vote, the verdict, the outcome, etc etc etc))
  11. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 21:18
    Funny thing is we don't believe in Santa but do have his address.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 06:35
    Two thoughts.
    Surely any Christian could be served with the notice as they claim that God lives in them? Or must the court believe that God lives in them?

Surely the ruling "Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant" is dangerously close to an admission that the court does not believe God exists?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree