1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 23:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Since on previous occasions when scripture has been quoted as an answer I have then been accused of misinterpreting it due to my not owning the correct decoder ring, please clarify that you are claiming that at that time everyone, including one day old infants were so corrupt that they deserved death.
    You are the one using the term 'innocent.' I am the one informing that your use of the term is ill-placed. In our unregenerate state, we are not cut off from God on account of personal sins. Obviously no infant can be guilty of the same. God's plan considered all impacts, including minute-old, day-old, week-old and years-old children. Crazy, huh!
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 00:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That almost sounds like you're trying to say something... right?
    Should I slow it down for you, chief?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 10:42
    You are the one using the term 'innocent.' I am the one informing that your use of the term is ill-placed. In our unregenerate state, we are not cut off from God on account of personal sins. Obviously no infant can be guilty of the same. God's plan considered all impacts, including minute-old, day-old, week-old and years-old children. Crazy, huh!
    Where in my post did I use the term 'innocent'?

Are you possibly replying to the wrong poster?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:31
    Originally posted by David C
    Should I slow it down for you, chief?
    Only if it allows you the clarity of thought necessary for a cohesive expression.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:33
    Where in my post did I use the term 'innocent'?

Are you possibly replying to the wrong poster?
    Since you piggy-backed your thought on Nemesio's post, there is tacit agreement with the sentiments expressed within.
  6. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:49
    All have turned aside,
    they have together become corrupt;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.
    Psalm 14:3
    Again: You've proven it. Your 'god' is a monster. It thinks the slaughter of infants, whom it
    contends are not sufficiently innocent as to deserve clemency, is a morally justifiable act.

That is: it's okay for your 'god' to slaughter whomever it wants whenever it wants.

Nemesio
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Again: You've proven it. Your 'god' is a monster. It thinks the slaughter of infants, whom it
    contends are not sufficiently innocent as to deserve clemency, is a morally justifiable act.

That is: it's okay for your 'god' to slaughter whomever it wants whenever it wants.

Nemesio
    What's worse, Nemesio: a quick end to a miserable existence and a quick entry into heaven, or either of the two's opposites?
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 18:08
    What's worse, Nemesio: a quick end to a miserable existence and a quick entry into heaven, or either of the two's opposites?
    If I believed that these were the only three choices available to the omnipotent and omnibenevolent,
    then of course, I'd pick the first. But I don't believe that. If I did, I'd encourage parents to
    engage in infanticide because it would seemingly guarantee their child's entry into heaven.

Your question, of course, is akin to 'Do you still beat your wife?' If you constrain my answers,
    of course you get the one you want. My real answer is: A loving God would never have to
    command for the slaughter of infants because a loving God would command that infants be
    fostered and nurtured by people such that they grow up to live lives conducive to heaven-entry.

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 19:01
    My wife and I get pregnant every chance we get, and euthanize each baby on its first birthday. We're going to have our own section in heaven's choir by the time we get there.
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 22:16
    Only if it allows you the clarity of thought necessary for a cohesive expression.
    Chief, if you're unable to follow my post, you'd be the only one. Does believing in "Jesus" affect your cognitive ability to that degree? What a shame.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 01:35
    Originally posted by Jorge Borges
    God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone. The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment. Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Killing is the lawful taking of life. For example, we can lawfully take a life in defe ...[text shortened]... ation were it available. Should the former be able to steal that opportunity from the latter?
    I know I am a moth late but that was an awesome post. I know that it was by the power of the spirit that you got that wisdom for that post.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 02:42
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I know I am a moth late but that was an awesome post. I know that it was by the power of the spirit that you got that wisdom for that post.
    Was that sarcastic?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 07:54
    Since you piggy-backed your thought on Nemesio's post, there is tacit agreement with the sentiments expressed within.
    All I was doing is asking for clarification from you as to what you meant by your post. It appears that you do not wish to clarify it, I guess because it would highlight how ridiculous your claims are. So you use your usual avoidance tactics of talking absolute nonsense, while appearing to be very fluent and intelligent.

What amazes me about you is you seem intelligent and your grasp of English and typing skills are impressive yet a number of posters who cant even use capitals and whose grammer is terrible, make far more sense and manage to post far more substance than you do.

Why don't you for once, simply answer the question?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 16:05
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    If I believed that these were the only three choices available to the omnipotent and omnibenevolent,
    then of course, I'd pick the first. But I don't believe that. If I did, I'd encourage parents to
    engage in infanticide because it would seemingly guarantee their child's entry into heaven.

Your question, of course, is akin to 'Do you still beat your w ...[text shortened]... tured by people such that they grow up to live lives conducive to heaven-entry.

Nemesio
    "Lives conducive to heaven-entry"
    Maybe that's your problem. According to your thinking, a person can live or do something to gain the approbation of God. This is not biblical by any stretch of the imagination.

According to you, some other solution could have been found for the children. Why the children, exactly? Why not rehabilitate all of the rest of the population? Surely an omnipotent God could do so! The arrogance required of holding the view that you do is staggering: as though somehow your lofty position of hindsight confers upon you insight otherwise overlooked by God. That is chutzpah!
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 16:07
    All I was doing is asking for clarification from you as to what you meant by your post. It appears that you do not wish to clarify it, I guess because it would highlight how ridiculous your claims are. So you use your usual avoidance tactics of talking absolute nonsense, while appearing to be very fluent and intelligent.

What amazes me about you is you ...[text shortened]... to post far more substance than you do.

Why don't you for once, simply answer the question?
    What question did I avoid that hasn't been responded to within these last few posts?

When have I ever not answered a question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree