1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:11
    You claim that my views on euthanasia are similar to those advocated by the Nazis prior to WW2. So, I challenge you to cite one proposition that meets the following three criteria:

1) The proposition has something to do with the moral status euthanasia broadly construed.

2) The proposition is one that both I accept and that there is good evidence that the Nazis accepted during the interval in question.

3) The proposition is such that there are good reasons for thinking that it is false.

Until you can do this, I don't think anybody here will be disposed to take your ravings seriously.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    You claim that my views on euthanasia are similar to those advocated by the Nazis prior to WW2. So, I challenge you to cite one proposition that meets the following three criteria:

1) The proposition has something to do with the moral status euthanasia broadly construed.

2) The proposition is one that both I accept and that there is good evidence that ...[text shortened]... il you can do this, I don't think anybody here will be disposed to take your ravings seriously.
    Why do you adress me as "Mt Ivanhoe" ?

If you wanted a serious discussion the thread's title was badly chosen. But all right, let's continue in the same spirit then ... BigBoyBbarr .....
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:23
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Why do you adress me as "Mt Ivanhoe" ?
    What proposition meets the criteria above?
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:24

2) The proposition is one that both I accept and that there is good evidence that ...[text shortened]... il you can do this, I don't think anybody here will be disposed to take your ravings seriously.
    I present historical facts in the thread "First they came ..... "
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:25
    I present historical facts in the thread "First they came ..... "
    Then you should have no problem answering the question.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:29
    What proposition meets the criteria above?
    Why is it you choose such a dominating and forcing approach when you are cornered ? As I said earlier I present historic facts which prove the resemblance between your ideas and the Nazis' regarding the killing of certain disabled people.

What proposition do you have in mind ? I do not know what you are trying to prove. Since when is the issue in the thread "First they came ... " your stance on euthanasia as such ? The thread is about killing disabled people.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:35

Your criteria are not clear to me I must say. In particular the first and the last ones are rather foggy .... to say the least.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:36
    Why is it you choose such a dominating and forcing approach when you are cornered ? As I said earlier I present historic facts which prove the resemblance between your ideas and the Nazis' regarding the killing of certain disabled people.

What proposition do you have in mind ? I do not know what you are trying to prove. Since when is the issue in the th ...[text shortened]... y came ... " your stance on euthanasia as such ? The thread is about killing disabled people.
    But that's just it, they don't prove a resemblance, you infer the resemblance.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:361 edit
    Then you should have no problem answering the question.
    Ivanhoe: "But I do, please read my posts."

What I meant was that I do have problems answering your question. What "proposition" do you have in mind ? ... and please keep in mind that criterium #1 and #3 are rather foggy.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:39
    But I do, please read my posts.
    I'm afraid I'm not convinced, Ivanhoe, and I've read all of your and
    Bbarr's posts.

Obviously, you opine that you are right and that the connection is clear,
    so perhaps you will offer a refresher rather than refer us back to what
    we feel is obscure and specious reasonsing.

Nemesio
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:39
    Originally posted by Starrman
    But that's just it, they don't prove a resemblance, you infer the resemblance.
    Verb: infer (inferred,inferring) in'fur
    Reason by deduction; establish by deduction
    - deduce, deduct, derive

Draw from specific cases for more general cases
    - generalize, generalise [Brit], extrapolate

Conclude by reasoning; in logic
    - deduce

Guess correctly; solve by guessing
    - guess

Believe to be the case
    - understand
    Derived forms: infers, inferred, inferring

See also: inference

Type of: believe, conclude, figure out, lick, puzzle out, reason, reason out, solve, work, work out

Encyclopedia: Infer

I infer the resemblance ? Can you elaborate ?
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Bbarr's posts.

Nemesio
    If you think certain statements or comments are "obscure" or "specious" you can adress this in the thread "First they came .... ", where I posted them.
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:49
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Bbarr's posts.

Nemesio
    ... since when are you speaking in this debate on behalf of a collectivity called "we". Who is that "we" ?
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:52
    If you think certain statements or comments are "obscure" or "specious" you can adress this in the thread "First they came .... ", where I posted them.
    I did. You ignored them.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:52
    ... since when are you speaking in this debate on behalf of a collectivity called "we". Who is that "we" ?
    The WolfPack (TM), of course!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree