1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 20:441 edit
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHURCH_SHOOTING?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Please comment. I believe this man shares your passion for guns and disdain for the so-called theology of this church. I attended this church a couple of months ago. How empty these forums would be without me.
  2. SEMO
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 21:37
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHURCH_SHOOTING?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Please comment. I believe this man shares your passion for guns and disdain for the so-called theology of this church. I attended this church a couple of months ago. How empty these forums would be without me.
    I have already heard about this, though I didn't know why he did such an act of evil. What I heard was only seven were wounded, I didn't know two had died.

If he really had the views as I do, he would never have done this. I don't believe he targeted this church only because of their beliefs, but also because he knew no one else would be carrying to stop him. Most churches are 'Gun free Zones'(killing zones) and that is why we have had church shootings. Criminals see that students and teachers are calling out to be able to protect themselves and know that some may be carrying now, so they are finding other places such as malls and churches.

The article said he was sent a letter saying his food stamps were going to be stopped. If this has had any effect on his actions then he was not really 'Consrvative' but rather 'Liberal' himself and wanted to lash out.

I don't believe he has a passion for guns. He had just got the shotgun and only had a .38 handgun at his house. You can own a few guns and not have a 'passion' for them. If someone had a passion for the right to keep and bear arms as I do, they would never pull a stunt like this because it would hurt the cause more and give the Liberals something to use against us.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 00:27

I wonder how many Christians have been slaughtered because they are not liberal and hold to traditional values.

How is it different that one crazed lunatic kills people for having liberal views from one that kills anybody else?

It makes no difference why one kills when one kills for insane reasons.

I'm also quite confident that if there where a sanctioned program to kill homosexuals, Christians would provide safe refuge for not only homosexuals, but for anyone else targeted by extremist.

I'm curious Kirk. Why do you think conservative Christians have extremist views?
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 06:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    I wonder how many Christians have been slaughtered because they are not liberal and hold to traditional values.

How is it different that one crazed lunatic kills people for having liberal views from one that kills anybody else?

I'm also quite confident that if there where a sanc ...[text shortened]... extremist.

I'm curious Kirk. Why do you think conservative Christians have extremist views?
    At their core, they are fearful.
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 06:501 edit
    Fearful = Faithless

(Not referring to 'conservative Christians' per se, but anyone who lets their enthusiasm drive them to extremes).

"Fanaticism is over-compensation for doubt." - Robertson Davies
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 08:35

I'm also quite confident that if there where a sanc ...[text shortened]... extremist.

they believe it is gods rule and that they are unworthy to discuss god's will. what they don't understand is that what they think is gods will is really someone's opinion of what god's will is. and sometimes the crazy christians themselves come to insane interpretations of what god's will is.

when someone isn't considering discussing and opinion, fanaticism happens.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 11:05
    Are you saying all conservatives are fearful?

As a conservative Christian I am fearful for those who rebel against God, and what God says is sin. I am fearful for the consequences that will ultimately result for those who think God will wink at their sin.

Can you demonstrate from the Bible a defence for a lifestyle that it at variance with traditional Christian values?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 11:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    they believe it is gods rule and that they are unworthy to discuss god's will. what they don't understand is that what they think is gods will is really someone's opinion of what god's will is. and sometimes the crazy christians themselves come to insane interpretations of what god's will is.

when someone isn't considering discussing and opinion, fanaticism happens.
    I'm sorry, but your post is unclear to me.

I'm not sure who the "they" are that you are referring to.

If you distrust what the Bible says, then whatever you may say about what those who live by it is questionable.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 14:48
    I'm sorry, but your post is unclear to me.

I'm not sure who the "they" are that you are referring to.

If you distrust what the Bible says, then whatever you may say about what those who live by it is questionable.
    why does my distrusting in the bible mean anything i say about those who live by it is questionable? i thought you are supposed to listen to what a person has to say and make judgments on that. which of course leads us to the main issue.

do you realize that you cannot be following entirely god's will because you base your faith on a very large book that can be interpreted? do you realize that your interpretation of the bible might be wrong? do you realize god's will can change and maybe now he doesn't need you to follow the bible? do you realize you (and others more fanatical than you in much greater degree) are many times following not the will of God but the opinion of a fat priest or pastor of what the will of God is?

so if the will of god might be misinterpreted by priests, by the authors of the bible, by you, isn't it better to assume responsibilities for your actions and think for yourself and only take from the bible that which is reasonable?
  10. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 15:25
    Well at least he was there for the kids.
  11. RDU NC
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 16:03
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Well at least he was there for the kids.
    what does this even mean, ferret face?
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 18:15
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    what does this even mean, ferret face?
    he came(the shooter) to the church show being put on by the children😛
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 20:06
    Are you saying all conservatives are fearful?

As a conservative Christian I am fearful for those who rebel against God, and what God says is sin. I am fearful for the consequences that will ultimately result for those who think God will wink at their sin.

Can you demonstrate from the Bible a defence for a lifestyle that it at variance with traditional Christian values?
    I don't know what traditional Christian values are. If you went to that Unitarian Church I imagine the people there would say they have traditonal Christian values, but I'm not sure you would agree. Name a specific one and I'll give it a shot.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 23:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why does my distrusting in the bible mean anything i say about those who live by it is questionable? i thought you are supposed to listen to what a person has to say and make judgments on that. which of course leads us to the main issue.

do you realize that you cannot be following entirely god's will because you base your faith on a very large book tha ...[text shortened]... r your actions and think for yourself and only take from the bible that which is reasonable?
    "why does my distrusting in the bible mean anything i say about those who live by it is questionable?"

Because, if you don't believe that what the Bible says is true, then any discussion we have concerning what it says about life will be fruitless.

"...isn't it better to assume responsibilities for your actions and think for yourself..."

Contrary to popular belief, this is exactly what the Bible teaches us to do!
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 23:22
    I don't know what traditional Christian values are. If you went to that Unitarian Church I imagine the people there would say they have traditonal Christian values, but I'm not sure you would agree. Name a specific one and I'll give it a shot.
    You don't know what traditional Christian values are?

I know a psychiatrist who is a Unitarian. I'm sure we share many of the same "traditional" Christian values, although we disagree on doctrine.

What is it with you anyway? Don't you have a place where you take a stand? If so, then on what ground do you base your belief?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree