1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 23:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I imagine the vast majority of people who engage in homosexual acts are certainly aware that mainstream Christian believes such behavior is a sin. I doubt if they "repress" that knowledge they merely think that mainstream Christianity is wrong.
    A Christian might.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 23:372 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    No, because it's a wild goose chase with you. You just make up your claims and terminology as you go along.
    From the Catholic Catechism:

1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God's law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin.
    http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/1859.htm

EDIT: I do not think I have made up any "terminology" at all. The definition of sin comes from the catechism; on the only other semantic dispute, we have both agreed that not knowing P does not amount to a denial of P and you yourself have admitted that someone can deny P yet believe P (if they have cognitive deficiencies.) And I have not wavered from my original claim that homosexuals have not committed sin if they are unaware of the sinfulness of homosexual acts. So I am not making my claim up as I go along, either.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 11:54
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    OK, how would God do it?
    The question is, how did God do it?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 12:07
    I don't hear of any groups picketing funerals with signs that say "God Hates Fat People".

Let's look at Prater-Willi Syndrome, a disease in which one of the characteristics is that the person cannot tell when they are full, thus they eat all the time and are obese. Are these individuals guilty of gluttony? Of course not. They have a disease. It wou ...[text shortened]... ted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_911_SANDWICH_CALL?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
    Anything but the Bible. After all, the Bible can't be trusted, and the world wide web is the source for truth.

You either get it or you don't. You have either missed my point altogether, or you deliberately avoided it.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 22:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    The question is, how did God do it?
    Well, if he did it, he messed up because clearly there are gay people who are part of creation.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 23:17
    Well, if he did it, he messed up because clearly there are gay people who are part of creation.
    Which is why he didn't do it.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 23:44
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Which is why he didn't do it.
    How do you explain homosexuality? What causes it?
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 10:00
    There is another possibility, but it has to do with accepting that a) sexuality is a human trait and b) that evolution happens. The result would be some blurry lines across which individuals genetically move from time to time.

I feel however that some individuals, perhaps even on this forum, might have difficulty with the above concepts, and would deny one or both of them. Another explaination must then be sought, resulting in some very contorted reasoning. *sigh*
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 21:23
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    There is another possibility, but it has to do with accepting that a) sexuality is a human trait and b) that evolution happens. The result would be some blurry lines across which individuals genetically move from time to time.

I feel however that some individuals, perhaps even on this forum, might have difficulty with the above concepts, and would ...[text shortened]... em. Another explaination must then be sought, resulting in some very contorted reasoning. *sigh*
    evolution doesn't happen.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 21:50
    Originally posted by daniel58
    evolution doesn't happen.
    You just made a prophet out of snowinscotland. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree