1. cube# 6484
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You can't even read and understand the teachings of the one you call Divine. Pathetic. I note you quote above all Pauline verses and not a single one from the Gospels. "Christian", indeed!
    i also quoted John 3:16, do you consider that a gospel???? Also, Jesus was the one speaking in John 3:16. Do you understand that? I know you discount all the parts of the bible that teach something other than what you want to believe, how convenient. If your reference point is that nothing that happened in the bible matters except what Jesus specifically said or did then I point to his sacrafice of his own life which forgave our sins. If WORKS were enough to save us there would be no point to sacrafice himself. I hope this registers in your simple mind.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:25
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    i also quoted John 3:16, do you consider that a gospel???? Also, Jesus was the one speaking in John 3:16. Do you understand that? I know you discount all the parts of the bible that teach something other than what you want to believe, how convenient. If your reference point is that nothing that happened in the bible matters except what Jesus spec ...[text shortened]... ave us there would be no point to sacrafice himself. I hope this registers in your simple mind.
    Someone who can't spell "sacrifice" shouldn't be talking about someone else's "simple mind". The obvious interpretation of Matthew 25, the Sermon on the Mount and the Gospels themselves is that how you treat your fellow Man is vitally important to your salvation. I think what Jesus and James are saying is that your faith in Jesus is expressed in following his teachings and performing good works. One who doesn't do good works is not a Christian, period.
  3. cube# 6484
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:33
    Someone who can't spell "sacrifice" shouldn't be talking about someone else's "simple mind". The obvious interpretation of Matthew 25, the Sermon on the Mount and the Gospels themselves is that how you treat your fellow Man is vitally important to your salvation. I think what Jesus and James are saying is that your faith in Jesus is expressed in followin ...[text shortened]... ngs and performing good works. One who doesn't do good works is not a Christian, period.
    all the scriptures and Jesus' own sacrafice seem to keep being over-looked by you. You will do good works if you are a Christian but those works did not save you or "change" you. You can do Great works your whole life but if you do not accept Jesus as your savor (through faith) you won't get the grace of salvation. Hell will be filled with souls that did great works but never accepted Jesus.

If doing good deeds gives you salvation why did Jesus die for our sins? Since you don't even need Jesus to be saved, in your opinion.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:47
    all the scriptures and Jesus' own sacrafice seem to keep being over-looked by you. You will do good works if you are a Christian but those works did not save you or "change" you. You can do Great works your whole life but if you do not accept Jesus as your savor (through faith) you won't get the grace of salvation. Hell will be filled with souls ...[text shortened]... did Jesus die for our sins? Since you don't even need Jesus to be saved, in your opinion.
    He was a man; what did you think was going to happen to him? He died as all men do. To you death worshippers, his death is the only important thing. To a reasonable Christian, it's his life and teachings that are important.
  5. cube# 6484
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 20:52
    He was a man; what did you think was going to happen to him? He died as all men do. To you death worshippers, his death is the only important thing. To a reasonable Christian, it's his life and teachings that are important.
    boy, how wrong could you be. His teachings are important, but we are speaking of 1 inparticular teaching about salvation which is sumed up by him in John 3:16 (and all the other scriptures i have listed). Also, Jesus is God in the flesh, he could of prevented his death if he wished too. He didn't. He sacraficed himself to give pathetic people like you salavation. That's why a murderer can be saved even though his "WORKS" are evil. After accepting Jesus and being "saved" he would start doing good works as Jesus taught and as his heart would lead him to do. BUT, the works are not what saved him.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 21:16
    boy, how wrong could you be. His teachings are important, but we are speaking of 1 inparticular teaching about salvation which is sumed up by him in John 3:16 (and all the other scriptures i have listed). Also, Jesus is God in the flesh, he could of prevented his death if he wished too. He didn't. He sacraficed himself to give pathetic people lik ...[text shortened]... esus taught and as his heart would lead him to do. BUT, the works are not what saved him.
    So you say; Jesus when he's describing Judgment Day in Matthew 25 says otherwise. Find me a mention of "faith" there.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 21:20
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    What is the origin of this expression? It's one of my favourite figures of speech, but I don't know where it comes from.
    According to Wikipedia, it comes from the German "Wortsalat", which leaves us with the question where that comes from. But it's quite logical - in a salad, different things often get mixed to a big muddle. "Wortsalat" is a common expression in German. This is what it looks like in German Sign language: http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/projekte/plex/PLex/Movies1/W-Movies/Wortsala.mov 😉
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 02:43
    Thread summary time.

BothererEdwin asks a badly spelled question. People make fun of him. RBHell replies in a badly spelled manner. People make fun of him. No1 points out that RBHell can't even perform basic reading comprehension on his religious text. Everyone makes fun of RBHell. MySystemBent posts multiple times all of them full of spelling errors and claims that No1 is wrong. Everyone makes fun of him.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:291 edit
    So you say; Jesus when he's describing Judgment Day in Matthew 25 says otherwise. Find me a mention of "faith" there.
    If your read in the Bible Jesus says that his people are sheep and they hear his voice.

So in Matthew 25 he is seperating his people(sheep) for the worldly people the goats. an Atheist that feedthe poor and clothes people CAN NOT be a sheep.

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this,
    they were glad and honored the word of the Lord;
    and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If your read in the Bible Jesus says that his people are sheep and they hear his voice.

So in Matthew 25 he is seperating his people(sheep) for the worldly people the goats. an Atheist that feedthe poor and clothes people CAN NOT be a sheep.

I had always been under the impression that Jesus often had some very critical words for those who, like the pharisees, practiced good theology and bad morality and often found himself in life-affirming roles with those that feed the poor, clothe the naked, and visited those in prisons regardless of their religious persuasions. "For as often as you have done it unto the least of these my brethren you have done it unto me."

I don't hear a prohibition against atheists or other well-meaning people from God's kingdom. But what do I know.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:58
    Originally posted by RBHILL

I understand that it is very important (pathetically so) for you to believe that, but the specific words of Matthew 25 give no support for such a reading. The "sheep" are those who have performed the acts Jesus is speaking of and the "goats" are those who have not. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of wordplay going on as well. The clear meaning of the passage is reinforced by the two parables that precede Jesus' description of Judgment Day (which IS NOT a parable): the bridesmaids and the servant. The parable of the bridesmaids is saying (to put it crudely) that you don't know when you are going to die so you better get cracking on treating your fellow man right. The servant who merely buries the talent is akin to the person who selfishly does not use the gifts God has given him to help and make better the lives of his fellows.

RB quite seriously: what do you get out of the Sermon on the Mount for example? How can you ignore the central message of the Gospels that Jesus stresses time and time again?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 01:091 edit
    Think about these passages and not by looking for the crib notes somebody else has given you. Think for yourself:

Matthew 7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 5:16: Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 01:57
    boy, how wrong could you be. His teachings are important, but we are speaking of 1 inparticular teaching about salvation which is sumed up by him in John 3:16 (and all the other scriptures i have listed). Also, Jesus is God in the flesh, he could of prevented his death if he wished too. He didn't. He sacraficed himself to give pathetic people lik ...[text shortened]... esus taught and as his heart would lead him to do. BUT, the works are not what saved him.
    Suppose the muderer says he accepts Jesus but does not do the good works (like millions of people) will he get salvation?

Also why do you think Christ told his Good Samaritan parable and is the choice of a Samaritan just co-incidence ? Or the choice of the Preist and Levite ? Just co-incidence ?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:04
    Think about these passages and not by looking for the crib notes somebody else has given you. Think for yourself:

Matthew 7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 5:16: Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
    That is for the Lost people. Example Mormons.

Or an example an atheist might say Lord I don't like these Christians.
    That is an example of him saying Lord.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:08
    no1marauder, I am letting you put trust in yourself or what ever you want.

I myself RBHILL am putting all my trust in Jesus for my salvation. He said we can know we have eternal life in heaven before we die.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree