1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:121 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That is for the Lost people. Example Mormons.

Or an example an atheist might say Lord I don't like these Christians.
    That is an example of him saying Lord.
    Make some God Damn sense you mouthbreather.

EDIT: This is an example of me saying God.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:201 edit

It's truly sad how desperate you are to twist Jesus' words to fit your arrogant, prideful philosophy. If you refuse to accept Jesus' words, you should try to think about those of Lao-Tzu:

Embrace simplicity.
    Put others first.
    Desire little.

You'll be a lot happier than someone who goes around thinking they're better than everybody else. Later on in your life, you'll look back at the way you are now and think what a fool you were.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:33

Why do you suppose that Jesus explains what He wants from His followers in
    St Matthew 25? Don't you think that the parable of sheep and goats is an
    indication of the Will of the Father?

How do you explain this?

Nemesio
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:47
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Why do you suppose that Jesus explains what He wants from His followers in
    St Matthew 25? Don't you think that the parable of sheep and goats is an
    indication of the Will of the Father?

How do you explain this?

Nemesio
    Romans 8:1 Says: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

So that tells me that I am forgiven for calling on him to save me. Romans 10:13

Jesus, when he was on the Cross he said it was finished. Jesus/God did all the work for us to get eternal life. We can't do anything for eternal life. For one thing God know the future he knows how he saves or not.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:47
    How do you explain this?
    The Jewish bankers put it in there. Or maybe the Catholics.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's truly sad how desperate you are to twist Jesus' words to fit your arrogant, prideful philosophy. If you refuse to accept Jesus' words, you should try to think about those of Lao-Tzu:

Embrace simplicity.
    Put others first.
    Desire little.

You'll be a lot happier than someone who goes around thinking they're better than everybody else. ...[text shortened]... r on in your life, you'll look back at the way you are now and think what a fool you were.
    I know your lost.

Do you think a Good muslim who feeds the poor or clothes the poor is going to heaven?
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:50
    Romans 8:1 Says: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

So that tells me that I am forgiven for calling on him to save me. Romans 10:13

Jesus, when he was on the Cross he said it was finished. Jesus/God did all the work for us to get eternal life. We can't do anything for eternal life. For one thing God know the future he knows how he saves or not.
    You didn't answer my questions.

Don't you think that the parable of the sheep and goats explains what the 'Will of the
    Father' is?

Nemesio
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 05:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Embrace simplicity.
    Put others first.
    Desire little.

You'll be a lot happier than someone who goes around thinking they're better than everybody else. ...[text shortened]... r on in your life, you'll look back at the way you are now and think what a fool you were.
    Yeah. That's a good strategy, Chuck. Appeal to Lao-Tzu to a nutcase Christian.
    That's gonna have currency. That's gonna get 'em thinkin'.

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:07
    I know your lost.

Do you think a Good muslim who feeds the poor or clothes the poor is going to heaven?
    They think they are. I don't think anyone is going to heaven. You think you are going to heaven.

Which one of us is right RB?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:21
    Yeah. That's a good strategy, Chuck. Appeal to Lao-Tzu to a nutcase Christian.
    That's gonna have currency. That's gonna get 'em thinkin'.

Nemesio
    The philosophy is that passage is rather direct; not being able to mind read as well as you can to know it would be so hopeless, I offered it to him to think about if he chooses to. If he doesn't, that's his loss.

BTW, Jesus' description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25:31-46 is not a "parable". His description of "goats" and "sheep" is a figure of speech inside a description of what he is saying will be an actual event; the form of the passage is not comparable to those passages where he does use parables.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 15:38
    I know your lost.

RB, arrogance is one of the qualities that Christ hates and people like you display a level of hyprocracy and arrogance that exceeds that of the pharisees.

The whole purpose of the parable of the Good Samaritan was to demonstrate to the Jews that salvation is going to be given to ANYONE who can 'love thy neighbour'. The Samaritans (who I think were descendents of Ishmael) were essentially of muslim stock. So Christ is saying that "... a Good muslim who feeds the poor or clothes the poor is going to heaven.."
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 04:011 edit
    Don't you think that the story of the sheep and goats explains what the 'Will of the
    Father' is?
    Well, RBHILL?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 04:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    They think they are. I don't think anyone is going to heaven. You think you are going to heaven.

Which one of us is right RB?
    The one that rhymes with:
    "Snot blue"
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 18:12
    Well, RBHILL?
    I had prayed about this and not that you guys will have the heart to believe but everytime a Christian tithes/gives money to God some of that money goes to feed the poor and cloth the homeless too.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 00:18
    I had prayed about this and not that you guys will have the heart to believe but everytime a Christian tithes/gives money to God some of that money goes to feed the poor and cloth the homeless too.
    How do you give money to God? And how does this mesh with the Render unto Caesar bit of the bible?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree