1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 19:305 edits
    @divegeester
    The question in the OP is still unanswered. You avoided it too when I asked you.

Tough guys.

Anybody can start at the beginning of this thread, read through, and see if Divegeester was avoided or answered as I saw fit to answer, in the question/s he asked.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 19:38
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    The question in the OP is still unanswered. You avoided it too when I asked you.

Tough guys.

Anybody can start at the beginning of this thread, read through, and see if Divegeester was avoided or answered as I saw fit to answer, in the question/s he asked.
    This thread is about the OP not your attempted hijacking of it in order to avoid answering the straightforward direct question.

You Sir are a coward.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '19 21:265 edits
    @divegeester
    This thread is about the OP not your attempted hijacking of it in order to avoid answering the straightforward direct question.

You Sir are a coward.

Name Jack Wilmore aka sonship previously jaywill.
    I first came to the local church life in New York, NY in 1974.
    Met with church in Newton Mass. and church in Boston Mass for about ten years. Met with the church in Greensboro NC about five years.

Met in the church in Dunn Loring VA. for some 15 years plus.

Most of those congregations have websites, statements of belief, phone numbers.

Check the map at www.localchurches.org

Ask Divegeester to reveal who he has congregated with.
    He's ashamed to say.

Ask Divegeester who he is. And we will see who is the coward.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 01:31
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You Sir are a coward.

Name ...[text shortened]... egated with.
    He's ashamed to say.

He is still waisting your time. Answers were given to him he didn’t care, all he wants to do is bicker and belittle. Why feed his desire to insult. I promise he will not stop attacking you if you respond to him or not.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 04:49
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You Sir are a coward.

Name ...[text shortened]... egated with.
    He's ashamed to say.

The OP question remains unanswered sonship. All this other stuff posted by you is deflection from that point.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 04:51
    @kellyjay said
    He is still waisting your time. Answers were given to him he didn’t care, all he wants to do is bicker and belittle. Why feed his desire to insult. I promise he will not stop attacking you if you respond to him or not.
    Do you agree with the Local Church statement of belief which claims that a person MUST believe in the teaching of the trinity as a prerequisite for salvation.

Yes or no?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 05:581 edit
    @divegeester

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, ... (John 17:21)

Are both Persons of this divine "Us" God ?

Yes or No ?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 06:10
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, ... (John 17:21)

Are both Persons of this divine "Us" God ?

Yes or No ?
    Do you agree with the Local Church statement of belief which claims that a person MUST believe in the teaching of the trinity as a prerequisite for salvation.

Yes or no?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 03:232 edits
    @divegeester

Yes or no?

That is not what the booklet said. It said a person must believe in the unique Triune God.

”In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; ... ...

Do you believe the Father and the Son as the Divine Us in John 17:21 are both God?

Yes or no?

And the practice of the believers in bringing people to salvation is as was written -
    Under Concerning Salvation the booklet wrote:
    In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.

Once a person has been saved, he may have both the assurance of salvation and the security of salvation. Once we are saved, we are saved forever.

[my bolding]
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 06:581 edit
    @sonship
    That is not what the booklet said. It said a person must believe in the unique Triune God.

It says therefore, that if a person does not believe in the “Triune God” (such as me for example) this precludes them from salvation.

Is this correct, yes or no?

PS obfuscation by using wordplay will not get you off of the hook sonship.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 21:006 edits
    @divegeester

It says therefore, that if a person does not believe in the “Triune God” (such as me for example) this precludes them from salvation.

Is this correct, yes or no?

PS obfuscation by using wordplay will not get you off of the hook sonship.

Lets try this one more time.

IF ... YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN WHAT I WOULD CERTAINLY CALL THE UNIQUE TRIUNE GOD, then answer a definite NO to this following question:

In Romans 10:9 where it says confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be SAVED,

Is "the Lord Jesus" AND "God [Who] raised Him from the dead," BOTH God ?

Since you have repeatedly refused to definitely tell me what precisely is the "doctrine of the Trinity" you don't believe, then I have to try to find out what you MEAN.

Now, do you mean that BOTH the Person Jesus Christ as Lord AND the Person of God [Who] has raised Him from the dead are not BOTH God? Then I guess you do not believe in the unique Triune God.

Now it is YOUR turn to make your position CLEAR.

GO!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 21:28

Removed by poster

13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 21:59
    @divegeester

My goodness, it really is pathetic. I’m sorry for doing this to you sonship.

It is not my loss if you cannot bring yourself to confess both the Lord Jesus and the God Who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead are both God.

What does that do to me ?
    Its your loss if you cannot bring yourself to own the Father and the Son as God.

Save your pity for yourself.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 01:422 edits
    "Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth." (Rev. 1:4,5)

"In Revelation the role of the Triune God, as the unique source of revelation, is clearly demonstrated. Verse 1 of chapter 1 begins with references both to revelation and to God. "The revelation of Jesus CHrist which God gave to Him to show to His slaves the things that must quickly take place. ... This revelation concerns Christ, and it comes the [sic] from God who is uniquely presented as the Triune God in verses 4 and 5... "

- John Pester , Affirmation &Critique, Vol. XXII, Spring 2017, Receiving Revelation from the Book of Revelation, LSM, pg.23.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 01:571 edit
    "The Bible as a whole is the revelation of God, and the book of Revelation, being the completion and consummation of this revelation, contains the ultimate and final revelation of the Triune God, especially as revealed in the fist chapter of Revelation. ... As we consider these items for the purpose of knowing the Divine Trinity, we need to make a distinction between the Triune God and the Divine Trinity. The designation the Triune God refers mainly to God Himself, the Divine Being in His person; the designation the Divine Trinity refers mainly to Gods being triune, which is the primary attribute of the Godhead. Both terms will be used in this essay.

[ Ron Kangus, Affirmation & Critique, Spring 2017, The Divine Trinity in Revelation 1, pg.33, LSM ]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree