1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 01:46
    ... form a harmonious/successful relationship?

Does it differ any from two people who have vastly different political views?
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 01:49
    Originally posted by Trev33

no and no.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 02:15
    Originally posted by sumydid
    no and no.
    Care to elaborate?
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 02:15
    no.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 02:17

Yes because it has been done.

But I don't imagine it's easy or common.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 02:21

Can somebody who is already in a relationship have a sccessful relationship?

By religious do you mean a person who aknowledges God but is more concerned with spewing the words from their chosen religous text without even attempting to question it?

By atheist do mean a person who questions but denies God when their answers don't quantify God yet they use the concept of God to answer these same questions?

If so then these people are already in a relationship but not one with God.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 02:53
    Ok ok I was being a pest with the "no" stuff.

The bible tells Christians not to marry nonbelievers. This might seem at first, especially to the nonbelievers themselves, as a direct insult aimed at the "unworthy" nonbeliever. No, actually it is just flat out, straight up, bona fide wisdom. The marriage between a Christian and non-Christian is doomed to fail. Some may survive against all odds, but, it's best not to roll the dice to begin with if it can be helped.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 04:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232

By religious do you mean a person who aknowledges God but is more concerned with spewing the words from their chosen religous text without even attempting to question it?

By atheist do mean a person who questions but denies God when their answers don't quantify God yet they ...[text shortened]... same questions?

If so then these people are already in a relationship but not one with God.
    What?

By religious i mean someone who is of and practices faith in god/gods.

B atheist i mean someone who is without faith in god/gods.

I'll ask again... What?
    But your answer is yes, no one is confined to just one relationship. You can have a relationship with god, a sheep or box of tissues and have a successful relationship with someone else if they're fine with your other relationship.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 04:16
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Ok ok I was being a pest with the "no" stuff.

The bible tells Christians not to marry nonbelievers. This might seem at first, especially to the nonbelievers themselves, as a direct insult aimed at the "unworthy" nonbeliever. No, actually it is just flat out, straight up, bona fide wisdom. The marriage between a Christian and non-Christian is doomed to ...[text shortened]... ve against all odds, but, it's best not to roll the dice to begin with if it can be helped.
    So you believe christains should only marry other christains?
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 04:231 edit
    What?

By religious i mean someone who is of and practices faith in god/gods.

B atheist i mean someone who is without faith in god/gods.

[b]Can somebody who is already in a relationship have a sccessful relationship?

I'll ask again... What?
    But your answer is yes, no one is confined to just one relationship. You can have a relationship with g ...[text shortened]... have a successful relationship with someone else if they're fine with your other relationship.[/b]
    Then, according to you, a devout religious person and an atheist can have a successful relationship if they are both fine with eachothers existing relationship.
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 06:37
    The bible says Christians should marry Christians.

Ergo, if one believes the bible speaks truthfully, then one believes it is good advice for Christians to marry Christians.

But just looking at it from a logical perspective, it just makes sense... whether you are the Christian or not the Christian. If I were a nonChristian I would believe it best to marry a nonChristian.

It doesn't make for a happy marriage when every Sunday the Christian wants to go to church and the nonChristian thinks it's all hocus pocus. Add kids into the mix and now you've got both parents thinking it's very important that the kids understand their point of view. It just isn't a sound recipe for happiness and peace. At least not in my opinion and not in the bible's opinion.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 06:40
    Yes
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 06:59

Yes, of course. You are a Man U fan and I'm a Chelsea fan. You are an atheist and I'm a Christian.

See, and no one is wasting no one...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 07:02
    The NT instructs that a Christian should not be unequally yoked. I don't believe in "forbidding" as such, but it's not a good idea to marry someone who has fundamentally different views from yourself is it.

Same in business - best to be careful who you partner with.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 07:03
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Then, according to you, a devout religious person and an atheist can have a successful relationship if they are both fine with eachothers existing relationship.
    That's what i believe, I was asking for other peoples opinions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree