1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 07:37
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    since you are still not prepared to admit that besides the body there is something more to you.

I just said “I” am a particular MIND. Where did I say that I was just a body?

“....Such as Life coursing through every cell of your body,...”

yes, every cell is “living”. So?

“...the Central Organising Force that is not palpable to instruments. ...”

what are you referring to by “ Central Organising Force” ?
    The Central Organizing Force in any Living being will have to be the entity coordinating the various processes in the body , reacting to external stimuli ,making a coherent "picture" of the outside world, then deciding and carrying out the response of the body to the external stimuli. as whole. It will enable the start of functioning of the involuntary muscles ,for example. It will kick start your heart and keep it ticking for example.
    In other words PRANA in Sanskrit, the vital energy. The Hard Disc,so to speak.
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 18:48
    Originally posted by souverein
    [b]"yes, you said I should “stop thinking”. Well, I suppose I could hummer you by “stop thinking”....nothing appears to happen -and why should it?"
    Did you try? It is in no way easy to command and quiet the mind.

if you cannot name it nor even say what it is, how the hell am I supposed to know what you are referring to?

If you have never ...[text shortened]... pieces for bronze value. For him it was just bronze; and from his point of view he was right.[/b]
    “...Did you try? ...”

yes, and nothing happens. So I think you are just talking crap.

“...When you think EVERYTHING has to be rational or irrational you are mistaken. Art can supersede the rational and irrational. ...” (my emphasis)

but obviously I don't think “EVERYTHING has to be rational or irrational” 😛 only thought processes excluding the purely emotional elements of them can be “ rational or irrational” those can be “ “art” is not such a thought process.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 18:53
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    The Central Organizing Force in any Living being will have to be the entity coordinating the various processes in the body , reacting to external stimuli ,making a coherent "picture" of the outside world, then deciding and carrying out the response of the body to the external stimuli. as whole. It will enable the start of functioning of the involuntary mu ...[text shortened]... g for example.
    Again, I ask you, what are you referring to by “ Central Organising Force” ? I honestly don't know what you are talking about. Is it something supernatural? Have you got a different name for it? What is its nature?
    And, whatever you mean by “ Central Organising Force”, how do you know it exists?
  4. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 10:48
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...Did you try? ...”

yes, and nothing happens. So I think you are just talking crap.

“...When you think EVERYTHING has to be rational or irrational you are mistaken. Art can supersede the rational and irrational. ...” (my emphasis)

but obviously I don't think “EVERYTHING has to be rational or irrational” 😛 only thought processes excluding ...[text shortened]... of them can be “ rational or irrational” those can be “ “art” is not such a thought process.
    No, I am not talking crap. And if you would care to measure unbiased and scientifically the side effects of meditation you might find out.
    Maybe you would like to read this abstract of a (scientific) article () on changes in the brains during (zen)meditation
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1440-1819.1966.tb02646.x/abstract.

Good to hear you place art outside the rational and irrational.
    Brainball (Swedish project) was an interesting experiment that borders science, art, meditation, gaming, brainwave transitions.
    http://cs.mills.edu/232/reading/Amy.pdf.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 11:21
    The Central Organizing Force in any Living being will have to be the entity coordinating the various processes in the body , reacting to external stimuli ,making a coherent "picture" of the outside world, then deciding and carrying out the response of the body to the external stimuli. as whole. It will enable the start of functioning of the involuntary mu ...[text shortened]... g for example.
    I think I have fairly well described what I mean. If you still " honestly " do not understand it ,I cannot help.
    Reg.the proof about this Central Organising Force I can offer only a guess. When a person's heart stops beating,the brain cells may live upto say 5 minutes after the heart has stopped beating but the still living brain is unable to get the body functions working again-say get the heart beating again because the Central Organising Force has gone i. left the body.
    Had the brain cells been able to get the peron to breathe again i.e. by sending commands to the requisite muscles to get his lungs pumping air and make heart beat,the brain would have done this thing on its own- is in't it ?
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:312 edits
    I think I have fairly well described what I mean. If you still " honestly " do not understand it ,I cannot help.
    Reg.the proof about this Central Organising Force I can offer only a guess. When a person's heart stops beating,the brain cells may live upto say 5 minutes after the heart has stopped beating but the still living brain is unable to get the bo ...[text shortened]... umping air and make heart beat,the brain would have done this thing on its own- is in't it ?
    “...I think I have fairly well described what I mean. ...”

you described what it is supposed to do but you haven’t said what that “it” is Nor what kind of thing it is (is it supernatural? is it something with a mind? etc) nor why you believe it must exist.

“...When a person's heart stops beating,the brain cells may live upto say 5 minutes after the heart has stopped beating but the still living brain is unable to get the body functions working again-say get the heart beating again ...”

correct. And the known reasons for this in biology don't involve the term “Central Organising Force” (and I DID check just to make sure by googling [ “Central Organising Force” biology ] and got nothing! ) but does involve explaining the various mundane known biological, physiological. neurological and chemical effects.

“...BECAUSE the Central Organising Force has gone i. left the body ...”

whatever you mean by “ Central Organising Force”, how do you know this?

And surely you can at least tell me whether this “ Central Organising Force” is supposed to be something supernatural?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree