1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 10:52
    Have a happy and successful relationship?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:38
    Originally posted by Trev33
    the only example i can think of are my parents. my mother is a catholic and my dad an ex-protestant atheist. they have been married for 40years. the only problems its caused them were at the beginning. her parents were not happy about her marrying a hippy atheist from a family of poor protestants. the proverbial poo hit the proverbial fan.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the only example i can think of are my parents. my mother is a catholic and my dad an ex-protestant atheist. they have been married for 40years. the only problems its caused them were at the beginning. her parents were not happy about her marrying a hippy atheist from a family of poor protestants. the proverbial poo hit the proverbial fan.
    Hey, it's probably *why* they're still together. It's not the dissension from without that causes a problem, in fact it can create a tighter bond; it's the dissension from within that more often ends it.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 12:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hey, it's probably *why* they're still together. It's not the dissension from without that causes a problem, in fact it can create a tighter bond; it's the dissension from within that more often ends it.
    true. years later they apologized to him. secretly i think he was gutted as by that time he was a hard working, responsible, father, driving a sensible car and wearing sensible clothes. their disapproval was the last shred of 'cool-bad-boy-rebel' that he had to hang onto....their apology was really approval and confirmation that he had....become one of them!!!!
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 14:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Were they N. Irish? That would make it an even better story. Could make a movie out of it for sure.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 15:54
    Were they N. Irish? That would make it an even better story. Could make a movie out of it for sure.
    my artistic licence says that they were defiantly n.irish. they met when they were posted together on endor and realized they both loved killing ewoks and rebel scum.
  7. Joined
    16 May '13
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 20:58
    Answer is simple NO
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 20:59
    Originally posted by houdini3000
    Answer is simple NO
    Clearly, it depends on the two people involved. Everything else is extraneous.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by houdini3000
    Answer is simple NO
    My grandfather (father's side) was an atheist, my grandmother a Christian. They were happily married for more than 50 years.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 21:071 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    My grandfather (father's side) was an atheist, my grandmother a Christian. They were happily married for more than 50 years.
    "... was an atheist,"

... became a Believer in Christ?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 21:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Clearly, it depends on the two people involved. Everything else is extraneous.
    "... unequally yoked"?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 21:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... was an atheist,"

... became a Believer in Christ?
    No, 'was' as in 'is dead now'.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 21:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... unequally yoked"?
    "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
    And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." -- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18, KJV

So, exactly what are you saying here? Is communion between Jew and Christian okay, yet Christian and atheist not okay? What about Christian and Muslim? Christian and Hindu? Are we still living in the time of Paul?
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 23:14
    It's tempting to through Charles and Emma Darwin in here as an example but he tended to describe himself more as agnostic than fully atheist.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

--- Penguin
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 23:42
    Yes.

Of course it depends on the people involved, but yes it's not only possible but practised.

I would say it's probably on the list of potential deal breakers dependent on the people
    involved, but it's not a deal breaker for everyone.

For some it may not even be an issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree