1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 23:241 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is a big deal, because it changes the whole meaning of the sentence.

You originally said:
    [quote]Any biologist who feels the need to write a book vehemently saying if anyone does not believe in evolution he should be described with as many negative pejoratives as Richard Dawkins lists, including "wicked", should not be objecting to being called - " ...[text shortened]... e 'wicked' bit in RDs sentence, but you should be able to see the differences in the rest of it.
    Richard Dawkins is an Atheist and and Evolutionists

He has said that teaching creationism to children is wicked.

Is It Child Abuse to Teach Christianity to Your Children? Dawkins Thinks So

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/is-it-child-abuse-to-teach-christianity-to-your-children-dawkins-thinks-so/
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 22:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/is-it-child-abuse-to-teach-christianity-to-your-children-dawkins-thinks-so/
    I think so also.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 23:34

He said teaching kids Christianity is wicked, not creationism.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 08:45
    Originally posted by vivify
    He said teaching kids Christianity is wicked, not creationism.
    Didn't you know that creationism is part of Christianity?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 21:12
    Didn't you know that creationism is part of Christianity?
    However, your messed up YEC version is not.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 21:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think so also.
    Let's draw a distinction here, between Creationism and cultish creationism, or the YEC version.

Yes, of course I think God created the universe and all that we see, but it took far longer than 6 24-hour days. You don't create physical laws that mandate everything that happens in your new universe and then abandon those laws by waving a magic wand.

You can either grow a plant from a seed, or you can just transplant a fully grown plant. But you actually helped create one of those, by altering its environment as it grew, but the other, you just popped it into the ground after buying what someone else grew.

Creationism has God starting things off, but the rest is purely natural, following God's natural laws. God may help it along, crafting an end result pleasing to him. YEC creationism is just God waving his magic wand about, 'poofing' things into existence.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    However, your messed up YEC version is not.
    In my opinion, the Genesis account of creation only allows for the YEC version. OEC does not exist in real true Christianity. 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's draw a distinction here, between Creationism and cultish creationism, or the YEC version.

Yes, of course I think God created the universe and all that we see, but it took far longer than 6 24-hour days. You don't create physical laws that mandate everything that happens in your new universe and then abandon those laws by waving a magic wand.

Yo ...[text shortened]... him. YEC creationism is just God waving his magic wand about, 'poofing' things into existence.
    You don't have much faith in the power of God and the accuracy of scripture. That's a shame.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 12:51
    You don't have much faith in the power of God and the accuracy of scripture. That's a shame.
    And you don't have ANY faith that science can produce real answers. That's a shame.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you don't have ANY faith that science can produce real answers. That's a shame.
    Yes I do. Haven't you seen any of my referenced videos in which science proves the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Qviedo are the burial cloth and the head cloth used on Jesus after His crucifixion? That is science producing real answers.

Science Proves Shroud Is Jesus BEST NEW VIDEO!

YouTube
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    Can An Evolutionist Be a Christian ?

I would say [b]Yes.

An Evolutionist CAN become a receiver of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

In the New Testament there is no requirement that one has to renounce every trace of Darwinian thinking before believing that Christ is their Lord, their Savior.

Anyone disagree that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God ?[/b]
    All things are possible to him that believes.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]" An evolutionist agreeing to debate with a creationist is like a reproductive scientist agreeing to debate with an advocate of the stork theory" - Richard Dawkins

This probably explains why "evolutionist" Richard Dawkins refused to debate William Lane Craig, Christian apologist.[/b]
    I believe Craig is on record as a believer in an old earth (~14 billion years). I'm not sure Dawkins would think of him as a 'creationist'.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:553 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I believe Craig is on record as a believer in an old earth (~14 billion years). I'm not sure Dawkins would think of him as a 'creationist'.
    I think Dawkins probably knows that there are young earth creationists and old earth creationists. But I would have to do some probing to prove what I assume. He does refuse to debate Craig.

And to be specific Craig probably has 4 billion for earth age and 14 billion or so for universe age.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 02:29
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I remember hearing Dawkins say something to the effect that he believed the young earth view is more consistent with the Bible than the old earth view. However, I don't remember which Youtube video it was on.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 11:31
    I remember hearing Dawkins say something to the effect that he believed the young earth view is more consistent with the Bible than the old earth view. However, I don't remember which Youtube video it was on.
    Admitting the bible favors the young Earth does not equate to Dawkins believing in YEC.

He goes on to say the whole bible thing is BS.

It's a pity you can't see the fact that there are literally thousands of creation stories and all of them are just that: Stories. Including the bible. There is nothing intrinsically superior in the bible tale than any of the other 10,000 odd creation tales around the planet, like the 6 day creation tale the bible plagiarized from Egypt to the tales of the Chinese, Turks, Siberians, Australian aborigines, American Indians, the real Indians from India. ALL those tales are just that, stories made up by men. Including the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree