1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:24
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Hmm, making a rock so heavy that he can't lift it seems like an incorrect attack because he'd need to make something even bigger (like a planet) that can bear it's weight (such that it is in a position to be lifted) but lemme try something...

1) Does, god know everything?
    1.a) Assuming he does, does he know every nook and cranny of the universe? or are the ...[text shortened]... g there is something more powerful than this god...does he know everything? (and so on...)
    I don't see the problem with God filling the entire universe with sand or rocks and then unmaking it again. God is not limited by the constraints of the physical universe. The physical logic we normally apply (like men can't walk on water) doesn't apply to God. However , breaking the laws of physical logic is not the same as breaking the laws of absolute philosophical logic.

If you ask me can God make the universe fill with sand I will say yes (because breaking the laws of nature are no problem for him) , but if you ask me can he fill it with sand without filling it with sand then I will say no (because it's contradictory illogical nonsense).

It's not that hard really.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I don't see the problem with God filling the entire universe with sand or rocks and then unmaking it again. God is not limited by the constraints of the physical universe. The physical logic we normally apply (like men can't walk on water) doesn't apply to God. However , breaking the laws of physical logic is not the same as breaking the laws of absolu ...[text shortened]... will say no (because it's contradictory illogical nonsense).

I don't see the problem with God filling the entire universe with sand or rocks and then unmaking it again. God is not limited by the constraints of the physical universe. The physical logic we normally apply (like men can't walk on water) doesn't apply to God. However , breaking the laws of physical logic is not the same as breaking the laws of absolute philosophical logic.

that wasn't the argument!!!...read it again and should reach a point where either God can create something he cannot move...or he has limitations that he shouldn't.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:31
    Originally posted by flclkris
    I think Stocken has the main point here. If God exists, he's so awesome and smart that he'd never do something so stupid as to make himself burn and torture for all eternity simply for the pleasure of everyone knowing that God sent himself to Hell... just to get everyone a good chuckle or whatever purpose it would serve.
    "If God exists, he's so awesome and smart that he'd never do something so stupid as to make himself burn and torture for all eternity"

He just might do if he thought he could win your heart and get you to allow his love to grab hold of your soul. His love is so foolish it took him to the cross.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:36
    [b]I don't see the problem with God filling the entire universe with sand or rocks and then unmaking it again. God is not limited by the constraints of the physical universe. The physical logic we normally apply (like men can't walk on water) doesn't apply to God. However , breaking the laws of physical logic is not the same as breaking the laws of absolute ph ...[text shortened]... e either God can create something he cannot move...or he has limitations that he shouldn't.
    Your argument was so full of errors I could n't see where it was going.

For example,
    2b "where then could he move them afterwards without un-making them?."

He would just create another universe to put them in!
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:39
    Your argument was so full of errors I could n't see where it was going.

For example,
    2b "where then could he move them afterwards without un-making them?."

Does the rate at which he can create universes and fill them with sand have to be less than the rate at which he can create universes? (if so why?) If not...where could he move the sand whilst he is simultaneously making and filling universes with sand?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 20:24
    I don't see the problem with God filling the entire universe with sand or rocks and then unmaking it again. God is not limited by the constraints of the physical universe. The physical logic we normally apply (like men can't walk on water) doesn't apply to God. However , breaking the laws of physical logic is not the same as breaking the laws of absolu ...[text shortened]... will say no (because it's contradictory illogical nonsense).

"magic, see?"
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 20:37
    Originally posted by stocken
    What if God just got tired? I mean, think about it. You're supposed to be
    there for eternity, but all you can see is a bunch of idiots all over the
    place. You gotta be asking yourself then: "What's the point?"

Now, omnipotent and all, maybe it decided that to hell with it all and
    completely vanished from existence. Leaving us idiots mongering about ...[text shortened]... oid we call universe.

Oh, the irony. Can anyone else see where we're heading with this?
    Stocken: "And now, with all the technology and scientific progress we've done, we
    are slowly becoming godlike ourselves, seeking happiness and meaning
    in this vast void we call universe.

Oh, the irony. Can anyone else see where we're heading with this?"

Please, tell us ......
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:01
    [b]He would just create another universe to put them in!
    Does the rate at which he can create universes and fill them with sand have to be less than the rate at which he can create universes? (if so why?) If not...where could he move the sand whilst he is simultaneously making and filling universes with sand?[/b]
    I'm not the one who has a problem with God unmaking sand , you are.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:02
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    "magic, see?"
    No not magic , just spheres and circles remember.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:102 edits
    I'm not the one who has a problem with God unmaking sand , you are.
    notice how you evaded the question...well done

the issue is not what you think he would do...but the contradictions brought about when exploring what it is said he can do
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 23:17
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Please, tell us ...... [where it's all heading]
    That's for you to find out... 😀

(And why can't you just erase all the text from a post you don't wish to comment on, instead of repeating the specific text you want to comment on in your own comment?)
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 23:333 edits
    Didn't see your spheres and circles story first time round but the analogy (as is usually par for the course) is a fallacy...

You take what is necessarily true about a physical object, (that it exists in three dimensions)...strip away one of these dimensions, and then suggest that this physical object existing only in 2 dimensions (but able to talk...perturb the air around it) not being able to comprehend a 3 dimensional object is in someway equivalent to our inability to accept that there is a God and he exists outside of our dimensions. LucifersHammer did it with ants on a tray...

Define this extra dimension fully such that we understand it as well as we understand the dimension you removed from the sphere and then explain to us why we have difficulty accepting it.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 00:25
    No, its nothing like that. How many more people do you need to tell you that your position is untenable before you understand that it is?
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 01:352 edits
    Originally posted by stocken
    That's for you to find out... 😀

(And why can't you just erase all the text from a post you don't wish to comment on, instead of repeating the specific text you want to comment on in your own comment?)
    Because there is a chance that I would mess it all up ... like you did in your previous post ..... that's why .... 😛
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 08:53
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Because there is a chance that I would mess it all up ... like you did in your previous post
    I did not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree