1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:16
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]So god cannot create something impossible.

He sure can create a rock that is imposssible for you to move.

That's one imposibilty for God then.

Nope, since by definition God can do all things, it means he can do all things, which is the same as saying that there is nothing which God cannot do, which is the same as saying God can do all things.[/b]
    Hey man!, our POSTULATE is that he will create something that HE cannot move. Not me. There's already a lot of $hiit I can't move.

You keep creating new postulates as you go. Bla bla bla. You talk but there is no persuasiveness to it.

Keep talking your bla bla bla BS.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:24
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Hey man!, our POSTULATE is that he will create something that HE cannot move. Not me. There's already a lot of $hiit I can't move.

You keep creating new postulates as you go. Bla bla bla. You talk but there is no persuasiveness to it.

Keep talking your bla bla bla BS.
    The point that you continue to miss is that by definition he WILL only do what he can do, and that implies that he WILL not do what he cannot do, and since there is nothing that he cannot do, he WILL only do that which he can do.

So the postulation you have made is self-defeating.
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:30
    The point that you continue to miss is that by definition he WILL only do what he can do, and that implies that he WILL not do what he cannot do, and since there is nothing that he cannot do, he WILL only do that which he can do.

So the postulation you have made is self-defeating.
    A paradox is an apparently true statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition. Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together. The word paradox is often used interchangeably and wrongly with contradiction; but whereas a contradiction asserts its own opposite, many paradoxes do allow for resolution of some kind.

The recognition of ambiguities, equivocations, and unstated assumptions underlying known paradoxes has led to significant advances in science, philosophy and mathematics. But many paradoxes, such as Curry's paradox, do not yet have resolutions which are accepted by everybody.

Sometimes the term paradox is used for situations that are merely surprising. The birthday paradox, for instance, is unexpected but perfectly logical. This is also the usage in economics, where a paradox is a counterintuitive outcome of economic theory. In literature it can be any contradictory or obviously untrue statement, which resolves itself upon later inspection.

TURN OFF THE FOX NEWS AND READ!!
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:31
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Nope , your context is completely wrong. The quote is in reference to faith and was referring to ordinary people and ordinary lives not some far fetched abstract philosophical concept about logic.
    So, the propositional content of the verse would be "With God, ordinary things are possible"?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:32
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    "This thread is about whatever tha Brothaz say it is about, and right now, we say it is about Komodo dragons."
    -Scribbles

Is Scribbles wrong?
    Very few people believe I am infallible.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:33
    A paradox is an apparently true statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition. Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together. The word p ...[text shortened]... e statement, which resolves itself upon later inspection.

TURN OFF THE FOX NEWS AND READ!!
    OK OK you don't get it...

Try this:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/rock.html
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:34
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    So, the propositional content of the verse would be "With God, ordinary things are possible"?
    What I meant was that God creating a rock so heavy that he can't lift it has no relevance to someone in 1st century Palestine , healing someone from leprosy does.
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:35
    OK OK you don't get it...

Try this:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/rock.html
    God and Science are not related.

SCIENCE IS IRREFUTABLE.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:37
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    can God rock, that is the question that is what we should be asking ourselves...............
    He can ..they are called U2!
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:38
    ALL I am saying is that if there's a possibility that God exists, there is exact same possiblity that He does not.

You cannot know or prove the existence of God. That is why God is God.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:45
    God and Science are not related.

SCIENCE IS IRREFUTABLE.
    You still have a lot to learn it seems. Are you saying man is infallible?
  12. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:48
    You still have a lot to learn it seems. Are you saying man is infallible?
    e=mc2 is more scientific than Jesus being the son of God.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:48
    ALL I am saying is that if there's a possibility that God exists, there is exact same possiblity that He does not.

You cannot know or prove the existence of God. That is why God is God.
    You cannot know or prove the existence of God.

You must know everything there is to know then. Which means you are actually claiming to be God, since God alone is omniscient.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:50
    e=mc2 is more scientific than Jesus being the son of God.
    So is man infallible?
  15. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:54
    [b]You cannot know or prove the existence of God.

You must know everything there is to know then. Which means you are actually claiming to be God, since God alone is omniscient.[/b]
    I ain't God, I am his son in law.😛

He told me that he was not omniscient. He told me that he did not know who his father was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree