1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So is man infallible?
    Man do not know $hit. And you are a man, so you cannot know God or that kinda holy things.

So shut your piehole.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:571 edit
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    I ain't God, I am his son in law.😛

He told me that he was not omniscient. He told me that he did not know who his father was.
    First you were Bill Clinton, and now you are just blabbering non-sense.

So long.

Btw: So if man is not infallible how can Science be irrefutable?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:59
    Man do not know $hit. And you are a man, so you cannot know God or that kinda holy things.

So shut your piehole.
    I thought you just said that Sceince is IRREFUTIBLE?
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:59
    First you were Bill Clinton, and now you are just blabbering non-sense.

So long.

Btw: So is man infallible?
    Now you are making some sense by saying that we are all making non-sense, does it make any sense?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:01
    Now you are making some sense by saying that we are all making non-sense, does it make any sense?
    Well you for one are certainly not making any sense.
  6. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:03
    Well you for one are certainly not making any sense.
    Can God make any sense when he's not supposed to make any sense?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:12
    Can God make any sense when he's not supposed to make any sense?
    Since when is he not supposed to make any sense?
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:13
    Since when is he not supposed to make any sense?
    Since he created you.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:54
    You know this thread was a lot more interesting when we were talking about virgin birth Komodo dragons.
  10. London
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 11:06
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Very few people believe I am infallible.
    So you're wrong, then?
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 20:41
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Can God make a rock that's so big that he can't move it? 🙂
    I wish he/she/it could make me a rook. It would come in quite handy on d3.
  12. Standard memberClimacus
    Anti-Climacus
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 12:562 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    [b]I take Rand's statement to mean that contradictions don't manifest in reality. That is, it is never the case in any actual universe that both A and Not-A are true, where A is any claim about the way the universe is.
    We shouldn't forget Hegel's lesson here: reality is filled with contradictions. Of course, those analytic philosophers know very little of hegelian dialectic, and they take 'contradiction' to mean something quite different than Hegel did.

The point is that when you try get hold of A in itself, the negation of A (not-A) appears at that very moment. Think of, for example, the homofobic culture raising its head here and there (I'm referring to the radical right-wing opponents of male homosexuality particularly in the USA). What is the proper way to punish homosexuals for their "violation against nature"? Raping, of course, the so called "gay bashings" - performing the very act that is the cause for punishment. Doesn't the opposites of each other unite (coincide) here in reality? Or another, a bit more conservative example: the one who claims to be completely tolerant and liberal usually cannot tolerate one thing if asked about it: that is intolerance, racism. So, the thoroughly liberal consciousness clearly has something which was supposed to belong to the nature of its opposite. Yet another: we all know very well that the acts that are forbidden by religion are also practiced in the name of religion.
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 23:03
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    The answer to this question is yes - but he would have to choose not to lift it. He would be restricted by his own choice and will.
    "he would be restricted by his own choice"... i dont get that, why would you restrict yourself by your own choice... confusing.... if god made the rock, god could lift the rock
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 23:27
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    "he would be restricted by his own choice"... i dont get that, why would you restrict yourself by your own choice... confusing.... if god made the rock, god could lift the rock
    No, if God decides that he will not lift the rock and makes a promise to himself that he won't then because God's nature is morally perfect and he never lies then the rock cannot be lifted. A mother perfect in love "could" murder her baby , but in reality such a mother can't.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 01:38
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    No, if God decides that he will not lift the rock and makes a promise to himself that he won't then because God's nature is morally perfect and he never lies then the rock cannot be lifted. A mother perfect in love "could" murder her baby , but in reality such a mother can't.
    That is a very good arguement, and I fully agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree