1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:17
    A question I have often wondered, especially when hearing prayers of requests for forgiveness saying "forgive us for our sins in thought, word, and deed." Is it really a sin to think something cruel or immoral if you don't act along with that sinful thought?
  2. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:34
    The Ten Commandments: "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor"

Proverb 24:8 The thought of foolishness is sin

Matthew 5:28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:37
    Originally posted by masscat
    The Ten Commandments: "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor"

Proverb 24:8 The thought of foolishness is sin

Matthew 5:28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
    man, i've got some serious forgiving to ask for
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:43
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    man, i've got some serious forgiving to ask for
    All men do.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:57
    What about unmarried men? 😕
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 01:06
    if thinking it is as bad as doing it then i sin a lot
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    A question I have often wondered, especially when hearing prayers of requests for forgiveness saying "forgive us for our sins in [b]thought, word, and deed." Is it really a sin to think something cruel or immoral if you don't act along with that sinful thought?[/b]
    Their is a difference between having a thought enter your mind verses thinking about that thought as though you wished it could happen. I once heard a preacher say that he has no control of whether birds fly over his head but he does have control on whether they build a nest on top of his head. When you think of sin, it is concieved in the mind first. This is why it must be dealt with in your thought life first. This is where the battle is won or lost.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 01:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Their is a difference between having a thought enter your mind verses thinking about that thought as though you wished it could happen. I once heard a preacher say that he has no control of whether birds fly over his head but he does have control on whether they build a nest on top of his head. When you think of sin, it is concieved in the mind first. This ...[text shortened]... why it must be dealt with in your thought life first. This is where the battle is won or lost.
    good. if God held my thoughts against me before i did something bad, then he would be cheating

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree