1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 05:25
    If your god is omniscient it would stand to reason it would also have infinite memory. But with infinite time, is infinite memory enough to let it see everything everywhere and every time?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 05:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If your god is omniscient it would stand to reason it would also have infinite memory. But with infinite time, is infinite memory enough to let it see everything everywhere and every time?
    Why should time be infinite?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 06:501 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Why should time be infinite?
    It's a common assumption that the majority of theists have about their gods.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 06:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It's a common assumption that the majority of theists have about their gods.
    Is it?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 07:103 edits
    Yes...implied not only by some eternal heaven. I should have been stricter in my last post to say: "...majority of theists on these boards".
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 08:29
    I think the theist could argue, if necessary, that the infinite in "infinite memory" is a bigger type of infinity than the infinite in "infinite time".
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 19:34
    You're mixing your definitions.

He has always existed (without beginning).
    He will always exist (without ending).
    He knows everything that can be known.
    He knows all possible outcomes, possible and actual.

Time is a creation of God for the convenience of His creatures, as for Him, there is no time: one minute is the same as a thousand years.

There are no absurdities in God; absurdities only appear in the minds of those looking at Him from their diminished perspectives.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 19:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're mixing your definitions.

He has always existed (without beginning).
    He will always exist (without ending).
    He knows everything that can be known.
    He knows all possible outcomes, possible and actual.

Time is a creation of God for the convenience of His creatures, as for Him, there is no time: one minute is the same as a thousand years.

...[text shortened]... bsurdities only appear in the minds of those looking at Him from their diminished perspectives.
    If this is the case then how does your god "get things done" if temporality has no meaning for your god?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:03
    [b]Time is a creation of God for the convenience of His creatures, as for Him, there is no time: one minute is the same as a thousand years.
    If this is the case then how does your god "get things done" if temporality has no meaning for your god?[/b]
    If you mean in time, as it relates to man (for instance, the so-called miracles of the Bible), He isn't restricted by a schedule nor is He unable to move in time locally, as desired.

However, in relation to overall creation, before there was time there was...
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:104 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If you mean in time, as it relates to man (for instance, the so-called miracles of the Bible), He isn't restricted by a schedule nor is He unable to move in time locally, as desired.

However, in relation to overall creation, before there was time there was...
    I refer now to "time" not as it relates to man but as it relates to your god (from it's perspective). Are all it's actions instantaneous from it's perspective? or is there some sort of temporal line (or plane, or higher dimensional space) with which there is some notion of before and after for this entity (that would serve as "time" - albeit by a different name)?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:18
    Yes He can, when He wants to.
    Kelly
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes He can, when He wants to.
    Kelly
    So there are times when your god has no communications with Earth?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:31
    So there are times when your god has no communications with Earth?
    Nope I said God can forget if He wants to.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Nope I said God can forget if He wants to.
    Kelly
    Standard answer from anyone who doesn't know.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 21:57
    Yes...implied not only by some eternal heaven. I should have been stricter in my last post to say: "...majority of theists on these boards".
    eternal heaven doesn't imply eternal time. it could be outside normal time. which if we admit of a creator of time-space would be reasonable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree