1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 23:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    So the Canaanite slaughter is the one thing which forbids "you" to believe that Jesus Christ as the Son of God ?
    Why do you use the expression "the one thing" in your question?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 23:59
    Originally posted by roigam
    One day reality will set in.
    (Ezekiel 38:16) ..... In the final part of the days I will bring you against my land so that the nations may know me when I sanctify myself through you before their eyes, O Gog.”’
    (Ezekiel 38:23) And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to k ...[text shortened]... w 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
    If you think I am somehow unaware of exactly what it is that inspires your imagination/superstitions, you are laboring under a misapprehension.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 00:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think I am somehow unaware of exactly what it is that inspires your imagination/superstitions, you are laboring under a misapprehension.
    So, what are you trying to say?
    If the World had seams, it would be coming apart at them.
    Next time use the King's English please.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 01:21
    So, what are you trying to say?
    If the World had seams, it would be coming apart at them.
    Next time use the King's English please.
    I do not share your pessimistic, misanthropic, confirmation-bias-driven view of the word and the state it's in. I cannot be clearer than that.

A question for you: did your jaundiced and negative perspective on the world draw you to your religious group and its ideology? Or did your religious group and its ideology inculcate you with your jaundiced, negative perspective on the world?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do not share your pessimistic, misanthropic, confirmation-bias-driven view of the word and the state it's in. I cannot be clearer than that.

A question for you: did your jaundiced and negative perspective on the world draw you to your religious group and its ideology? Or did your religious group and its ideology inculcate you with your jaundiced, negative perspective on the world?
    This again?

As I told you the first time you tried ramming this by us, his view is neither "jaundiced" nor "misanthropic" nor "negative" and so this renders your "question" moot.

Now apologize to roigam for not even respecting him enough to come up with an original argument.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 02:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This again?

As I told you the first time you tried ramming this by us, his view is neither "jaundiced" nor "misanthropic" nor "negative" and so this renders your "question" moot.

Now apologize to roigam for not even respecting him enough to come up with an original argument.
    You dodged my question when it was put to you. Just let roigam decide for himself whether he wants to dodge it too.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 02:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This again?
    It's a perfectly valid question ~ especially when responding to people like you and roigam who have assured everyone here that the world in which we all live will definitely end in your lifetime.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 18:36
    Originally posted by FMF

You certainly have not understood correctly what my viewpoint is.
    I'm looking forwaard to the best time mankind has seen.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
    In order for that to happen first this must happen:
    (Psalm 37:9, 10) For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there.
    It's like going to the dentist and having an impacted wisdom tooth removed.
    Aren't you going to be happy when it's gone?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 20:46
    Aren't you going to be happy when it's gone?
    Am I going to be happy when the world is gone - in your lifetime? Is that the question you're asking me?
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    10 Oct '15 18:02
    Many religious folk long for the world to end as they think they are the chosen ones and will ascend.
    The Chinese have a saying. Be careful what you wish for.
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 02:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Am I going to be happy when the world is gone - in your lifetime? Is that the question you're asking me?
    None of us know the day we will die so I could not say if it willl be in my lifetime.
    I think it will if I live long enough.
    (Matthew 24:36) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.
    If Jesus the Son of God doesn't know, how can we know.
    (Matthew 24:43, 44) “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.
    (1 John 3:8) ...... For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.
    We need to be alert, on the watch and do what is right to the best of our ability.
    (Acts 3:19) “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself
    It's not rocket science!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 03:37
    None of us know the day we will die so I could not say if it willl be in my lifetime.
    But you've already stated that it will happen in your lifetime.

Have you changed your mind?

If you have changed your mind, does that mean you are conceding that your prediction that it would happen in your lifetime was false/incorrect?

Me not knowing on what day I will die has exactly what to do with you asking me if I am going to be happy when the world is destroyed?

I am sure the world will still be here for my grandchildren and great grandchildren - and beyond - to wonder at and enjoy ~ long, long after your lifetime has ended (without the "end" coming, as you have predicted) ~ and so you suggesting I be "happy when the world is gone" is supposed to mean what to me?

Do you sincerely believe you won't have great grandchildren and great great grandchildren?
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 17:33
    Originally posted by FMF

If you have changed your mind, does that mean you are conceding that your prediction that it would happen in your lifetime was false/incorrect?

Me not knowing on what day I will die has exactly what to do with you asking me if I am going to be happy when the wo ...[text shortened]... e?

Do you sincerely believe you won't have great grandchildren and great great grandchildren?
    The earth is not going anywhere.
    (Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.
    Only the wicked society, (the world of mankind alienated from God), and the wicked heavens (Satan's rule) will be destroyed.
    I can only hope that you and your offspring will be here to enjoy the Earth when it is put in it's right condition.
    When mankind is brought to perfection under the 1000 year reign of the Christ.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '15 23:26
    I can only hope that you and your offspring will be here to enjoy the Earth when it is put in it's right condition.
    Well I'm not a JW and neither are they. And I know your organisation believes that only its members will survive the "end", so presumably you "can only hope that [me] and [my] offspring" will join your organisation.
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 22:25
    Originally posted by FMF

Me not knowing on what day I will die has exactly what to do with you asking me if I am going to be happy when the wo ...[text shortened]... e?

You have confused me with someone else.
    I have no knowledge of the day or hour.
    The things happening in the world show the season in harmony with Jesus' words.
    (Matthew 24:32, 33) “Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.

If you think that is incorrect, you need to take it up with Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree