1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 01:20
    FMF: Do those who have responded and who will be saved number around 8-9 million by any chance?

Originally posted by roigam
    God has not set a number on those who will gain everlasting life.
    I am not talking about your God figure setting a number. I'm talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation limiting the possible number, You organisation believes and has stated that only Jehovah's Witnesses can survive "the end times" and gain "gain everlasting life". That's where I got the 8-9 million figure from. It's not a figure I am saying your God figure has set. Nothing of the sort; the 8-9 million figure is the number of people in the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 02:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not talking about your God figure setting a number. I'm talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation limiting the possible number, You organisation believes and has stated that only Jehovah's Witnesses can survive "the end times" and gain "gain everlasting life". That's where I got the 8-9 million figure from. It's not a figure I am saying your God fi ...[text shortened]... he sort; the 8-9 million figure is the number of people in the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation.
    That is correct.....at this time.
    (Isaiah 60:22) The little one will become a thousand And the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.”
    So, if Jehovah puts His foot on the pedal, speeds it up, there is no limit to how many may respond and become His people.
    (Acts 15:14) Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 02:33
    That is correct.....at this time.
    So if it's only 8-9 million people now and you expect - indeed hope - that the world as we know it is going to end soon, do you think it's going to be much more than 8-9 million when it does?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 02:37
    God has not set a number on those who will gain everlasting life.[...]
    God created us with free will. Satan has suborned it.
    You and your organisation believe that only members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization can survive "the end times" and gain "everlasting life". So, what are the prospects of my neighbours - I live in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of a medium sized Indonesian city - surviving "the end times" and gaining "everlasting life"? Has your God figure communicated with them regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses organization and let them know that only its members can be "saved" by Him?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 02:42
    So, if Jehovah puts His foot on the pedal, speeds it up, there is no limit to how many may respond and become His people.
    If He "speeds it up"? Why would your God figure go slow, or fast - or slower, or faster - at different points in time? What would be the point of that?
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If He "speeds it up"? Why would your God figure go slow, or fast - or slower, or faster - at different points in time? What would be the point of that?
    He has set the time of the end but he wants to snatch as many as possible out of destruction's path.
    (Acts 17:31) Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”
    (2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
    He knows what day He is going to end it but He is speeding up the witnessing work in order to get the best result possible.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 00:37
    He has set the time of the end but he wants to snatch as many as possible out of destruction's path.
    So the reason - in your view - that it's only 8-9 million who will be saved at this moment in time is because your God figure has been going slow, deliberately, have I understood you right?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 00:39
    He knows what day He is going to end it but He is speeding up the witnessing work in order to get the best result possible.
    What is the purpose of God using different "speeds" at different times?

Also, there was a question of mine it seems you've missed:

What are the prospects of my neighbours - I live in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of a medium sized Indonesian city - surviving "the end times" and gaining "everlasting life"? Has your God figure communicated with them regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses organization and let them know that only its members can be "saved" by Him?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 19:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is the purpose of God using different "speeds" at different times?

Also, there was a question of mine it seems you've missed:

What are the prospects of my neighbours - I live in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of a medium sized Indonesian city - surviving "the end times" and gaining "everlasting life"? Has your God figure communicated with them regar ...[text shortened]... Jehovah's Witnesses organization and let them know that only its members can be "saved" by Him?
    To answer both of your posts.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 23:51
    To answer both of your posts.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.
    So what are the prospects of my Indonesian neighbours ~ I'm looking out the window at one of them now; she's hanging out her washing ~ of being "saved" by being a member of your organisation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree