1. England
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 19:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, I am interested in announcing the truth of Jesus. Now we know.
    Who else, but Jesus, can rightly claim to be the way, the truth, and the life?
    this is good. but god should be in your heart not in any earthly orniment
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 20:26
    Originally posted by stoker
    this is good. but god should be in your heart not in any earthly orniment
    Jesus is an Earthly orniment? Just what is an orniment?
  3. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 21:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Oh, come on, let that kind of stuff go. I don't want to be getting picked on for every slip of the finger. (Or the brain.)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 21:11
    Originally posted by pyxelated
    Oh, come on, let that kind of stuff go. I don't want to be getting picked on for every slip of the finger. (Or the brain.)
    well forgetting the typo, what do you mean? Jesus becoming an icon, an idol for worship which the man himself would have railed against?
  5. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 21:20
    well forgetting the typo, what do you mean? Jesus becoming an icon, an idol for worship which the man himself would have railed against?
    Sorry, I thought you were picking on his spelling. I need to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I have no clue about the "ornament" business. You two carry on, I'll stay out of this one 🙂
  6. England
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 22:05
    jesus is a earthly orniment??? where
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    jesus is a earthly orniment??? where
    That's what I asked. I used the same spelling as you did, just to make sure there was not a word with that exact spelling I did not know about. English sucks.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 23:16
    That's what I asked. I used the same spelling as you did, just to make sure there was not a word with that exact spelling I did not know about. English sucks.
    Then quit using it.

What's your native tongue? Baby talk? lol
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 23:222 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then quit using it.

What's your native tongue? Baby talk? lol
    Wow, snappy comeback, I am SO impressed.

BTW, if the Earth is only 6000 years old, when a person reaches 60 years old, that person is one percent of the entire age of the earth. Shouldn't that person see a large change in say, the depth of a river gorge, like the grand canyon? If that person saw the canyon as a 5 year old, then as a 65 year old, there should be many feet more cut into the rock if the Earth was only 6000 years old. What do you say about that?

I am considering the grand canyon which reaches a mile deep in places, so if you round it out to 6000 feet deep, then there should be one foot a year cut into the rock, so the GC should be 50 or 60 feet deeper as an adult then as a child. If the earth is 6000 years old.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 10:28

BTW, if the Earth is only 6000 years old, when a person reaches 60 years old, that person is one percent of the entire age of the earth. Shouldn't that person see a large change in say, the depth of a river gorge, like the grand canyon? If that person saw the canyon as a 5 year old, then as a 65 year old, there sh ...[text shortened]... GC should be 50 or 60 feet deeper as an adult then as a child. If the earth is 6000 years old.
    Unless those canyons were part of the original design?

No, seriously though, dendrochronology - tree ring dating. You can physically count back nearly twice as far as 6000 years. And then there are floating sequences that haven't yet been anchored to the main sequence which add several thousand years more.
  11. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 10:55

BTW, if the Earth is only 6000 years old, when a person reaches 60 years old, that person is one percent of the entire age of the earth. Shouldn't that person see a large change in say, the depth of a river gorge, like the grand canyon? If that person saw the canyon as a 5 year old, then as a 65 year old, there sh ...[text shortened]... GC should be 50 or 60 feet deeper as an adult then as a child. If the earth is 6000 years old.
    Well, if the uniformitarian hypothesis is true. If.

Are you aware of this website? What you said here makes me think you've missed it:

http://creationscience.com/

As I said elsewhere, I no longer have a dog in the evolution/creation fight, but the theory that Dr. Brown puts forth here is one of the main things that keeps me on the fence. His hydroplate theory neatly solves many problems associated with all kinds of near-earth phenomena, and he has made 30-something predictions (a few of which have already been confirmed, and one which he's had to modify) based on it.

But I have so many other things to do, and as my understanding of philosophy has improved, the E/C debate has moved to the periphery of important stuff, so I can no longer justify spending large amounts of time thinking about it. (But it's still interesting.)

Now, I know this guy has no standing in the orthodox scientific community. He's a creationist--a heretic--and has therefore been excommunicated 🙂 . But that doesn't really bother me; after all, the whole scientific world was convinced that Newton had conquered and all they had to do was tie up a few loose ends when some Swiss office clerk turned their world inside-out.... I'm not saying Dr. Brown is Einstein, but you might want to give his theories some consideration before writing off young-earth creationsm as idiotic.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 18:49

I believe the Grand Canyon resulted from the flood of Noah's day.
    Waters came from beneath the ground and from the sky to produce
    the first flood and the first rain.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 19:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe the Grand Canyon resulted from the flood of Noah's day.
    Waters came from beneath the ground and from the sky to produce
    the first flood and the first rain.
    Where do you think the water was before it was underground and in the sky?

Polar icecaps. Global warming.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Where do you think the water was before it was underground and in the sky?

Polar icecaps. Global warming.
    God made the water when he made the dry ground.
    Plants were first watered from the mist that came up from
    under the ground. THe water God put above the earh in
    the sky was held there by some type of firmament until
    the flood of Noah's day.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 20:38
    Since we know that the carbon 14 dating of the Shroud of Turin was
    a "stupid mistake" as one scientist put it and it is now stated that the
    Shroud of Turin could be 2000 years old, what makes the scientist so
    reluctant in admitting this could actually be the burial wrappings of
    Jesus the Christ after His crucifixion? All the other evidence on the
    cloth points to this fact. What is really the problem?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree