1. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Apr '10 16:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks and it only makes sense that if one is deprived of a natural God given desire, in time it can cause problems in many directions. If one decides on his own to not follow a life with a normal relationship and can do it, that is fine if they devote themselves to the ministry of God or whatever. But it is something that God does not require or command ...[text shortened]... e to do. After all marriage was the first institution he established for humans with Adam & Eve.
    I never said I was in favor of celibacy, personally I believe the church should change that policy, my point was that there is no link between celibacy and pedophilia.

it only makes sense that if one is deprived of a natural God given desire

so you're saying that people should do whatever they desire to do just because its natural?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '10 18:20
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I never said I was in favor of celibacy, personally I believe the church should change that policy, my point was that there is no link between celibacy and pedophilia.

[b] it only makes sense that if one is deprived of a natural God given desire

so you're saying that people should do whatever they desire to do just because its natural?[/b]
    Did I say that? Doesn't God in the Bible give many guidelines and rules on how to use those desires and the problems that arise if one does not?
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Apr '10 18:48
    Did I say that? Doesn't God in the Bible give many guidelines and rules on how to use those desires and the problems that arise if one does not?
    Can you be more specific?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '10 18:52
    Many pedophiles (perhaps the majority) are married
    stats and scoure please.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '10 20:24
    Can you be more specific?
    Uh like not committing adultry or fornication.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 03:00
    With all due respect JW's always have an anti-Catholic slant. They have the same issue among their ranks.

Manny
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 03:33
    Originally posted by menace71
    With all due respect JW's always have an anti-Catholic slant. They have the same issue among their ranks.

Manny
    Yes we do have a large problem with Religions that profess to be blessed and guided by God but in the meantime do not follow the simple requirements such as the teaching work that his Son Jesus told his followers to do. And on top of that cleary disregard the commands to not have idols in their positions for whatever use they have deamed fit, will kill another of their fellow brothers if their country and priest tell them to and even bless the weapons they use. And ones that have reinstated the clergy class that Jesus totally condemed and use the term "Father" in vain..
    Thats just the surface.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 22:15
    Originally posted by trev33
    if priests were allowed to marry/have sexual relations with whoever would the same molesting scandal have erupted over the past couple of years?

in other words, did the priests who committed the offences go into the catholic church as paedophiles or did they happen to mutate into that form through years of no sexual contact?
    My two cents: Many of them went to high schools that were specifically designed for boys entering the priesthood. Thus they hit puberty surrounded by adolescent boys at the same time that they were being taught that females are the root of all evil. My impression from what I've read is that a number of those boys were abused during that time by men (or a man) who was entrusted with their education and care at those places (which are traditionally boarding schools, I think). Thus, if they were later told that they could marry, it would be too late for them to have a healthy sexual relationship with a woman, even if some latent desire was there.

So I'm saying that I don't believe it's about celibacy per se, but about the experiences they had during their formation. If celibacy were the issue, than married people wouldn't be pedophiles.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 19:03
    stats and scoure please.
    well, I can't give you statistics, Im talking about cases I've heard about.

nevertheless, I think conrau k has already provided a link regarding pedophilia and priests.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 19:04
    Yes we do have a large problem with Religions that profess to be blessed and guided by God but in the meantime do not follow the simple requirements such as the teaching work that his Son Jesus told his followers to do. And on top of that cleary disregard the commands to not have idols in their positions for whatever use they have deamed fit, will kill a ...[text shortened]... lass that Jesus totally condemed and use the term "Father" in vain..
    Thats just the surface.
    Interesting, especially considering its coming from a follower of a cult, well-known for its heresies and nonsensical beliefs.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 15:37
    Interesting, especially considering its coming from a follower of a cult, well-known for its heresies and nonsensical beliefs.
    Here we go again...Yawn! The definition of a cult is what?
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:34
    Here we go again...Yawn! The definition of a cult is what?
    look up in the dictionary if you don't know.

but seriously, do you deny this? its pretty obvious JWs are a bunch of heretical lunatics, whose beliefs are not only irrational but potentially dangerous.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 15:00
    stats and scoure please.
    nothing huh. thought so.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 16:43
    look up in the dictionary if you don't know.

but seriously, do you deny this? its pretty obvious JWs are a bunch of heretical lunatics, whose beliefs are not only irrational but potentially dangerous.
    We don't fit the definition of a cult in any sense and you obviously don't know much about us by your comments. Just because you don't understand or refuse to understand does not make us a cult. Sorry.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 18:24
    nothing huh. thought so.
    ok, so I assume you think Im lying.

thats ok, you're entitled to your opinion, but is there any evidence linking celibacy to pedophilia? I think not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree