1. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 18:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We don't fit the definition of a cult in any sense and you obviously don't know much about us by your comments. Just because you don't understand or refuse to understand does not make us a cult. Sorry.
    Believe me, I do know about the JWs, and until now I can't say I've met any other religious group that had the same degree of bs as the JWs.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 22:31
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Believe me, I do know about the JWs, and until now I can't say I've met any other religious group that had the same degree of bs as the JWs.
    Okee dokee...That's just an opinion and your welcome to that. But ones like yourself have for some reason "mostly out of ignorance usually" have tried to call us that but we're not and just if you may, give me one example in your opionion why were are a "cult?"
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 01:05
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    ok, so I assume you think Im lying.

thats ok, you're entitled to your opinion, but is there any evidence linking celibacy to pedophilia? I think not.
    ANY evidence. Well let me think - Priests - Paedophiles. Yes that's evidence. I think it is. It's a correlation though - maybe there is some other aspect of being a priest I should consider. Tell me - what other aspect of being a priest would account for the number of priests who have been shown to be paedophiles and the number of priests who have been shown to protect them? I go with Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is often a good one. But I agree entirely that not every priest, nor every celibate is a paedophile. That would be silly to argue. They have lots of vices to choose from.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 03:12
    Yes we do have a large problem with Religions that profess to be blessed and guided by God but in the meantime do not follow the simple requirements such as the teaching work that his Son Jesus told his followers to do. And on top of that cleary disregard the commands to not have idols in their positions for whatever use they have deamed fit, will kill a ...[text shortened]... lass that Jesus totally condemed and use the term "Father" in vain..
    Thats just the surface.
    Anti-Catholic = Anti-Catholic slant 🙂 The JW's are the ultimate truth after all and have the ultimate truth. However the Catholics do just as much teaching and preaching as the JW's I will bet. Your hatred of the Catholics is because that is what your organization has taught you to believe. Rutherford was very much Anti-Catholic. He is the one who basically made the JW's what they are today. I will venture to say though that as the old guard of your organization die there will fundamental changes within your organization.

Manny
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 05:08
    Originally posted by finnegan
    ANY evidence. Well let me think - Priests - Paedophiles. Yes that's evidence. I think it is. It's a correlation though - maybe there is some other aspect of being a priest I should consider
    But you haven't shown any such correlation. For you to show a correlation you must show that there are statistically more paedophiles amongst priests than amongst the general population.
    To show a correlation to celibacy as a cause, you must show there are statistically more pedophiles amongst priests in Churches that have a tradition of celibacy.
    Until you have either statistic, you have not shown evidence, nor correlation. Your argument is no different from this one:
    "Some people are paedophiles. Thats a correlation. I think its because people have children. By Occams razor thats the simplest explanation".
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 07:463 edits
    ANY evidence. Well let me think - Priests - Paedophiles. Yes that's evidence. I think it is. It's a correlation though - maybe there is some other aspect of being a priest I should consider. Tell me - what other aspect of being a priest would account for the number of priests who have been shown to be paedophiles and the number of priests who have been show libate is a paedophile. That would be silly to argue. They have lots of vices to choose from.
    Please read the research I posted earlier. As shown, in many cases of clerical abuse, priests had already engaged in consensual sex with adults (surveys reported 14% ) and in 1 % of cases, the clerics (whether deacons or priests) were married.

Also as Twhitehead pointed out, you have to show that churches in which celibacy is practiced also report equal levels of abuse. Celibacy is also a major part of the Eastern Orthodox Churches.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Anti-Catholic = Anti-Catholic slant 🙂 The JW's are the ultimate truth after all and have the ultimate truth. However the Catholics do just as much teaching and preaching as the JW's I will bet. Your hatred of the Catholics is because that is what your organization has taught you to believe. Rutherford was very much Anti-Catholic. He is the one who b of your organization die there will fundamental changes within your organization.

Manny
    They are not even close as you've been shown over and over as none of their common followers do nothing to teach as Jesus told us all to do. They've been told by their Priest and Pope's to just come and sit and put your money in the plate as it comes to you and all is fine. So show us the amount of time and Bible studies they perform with ones not in their religion and teaching them what Jesus taught?
    And for your info I do not hate the humans in the Catholic religion. But I abhore the Cathoilic religion as it has committed and led more sins against the Bible and what it's simple truths are then most. Many other religions are right behind it though in their total disreguard to Jesus's teachings.
    And fundamental changes? Yes there are refinements made continually but not in the direction you hope for. The Bible says the "Light would get brighter and brighter" so as we learn more about the wickedness of the world and the works of Satan we seperate ourselves futher and futher from false religious ways which exposes ones such as the Catholics and in turn makes us more of a target as the Bible fortold by ones such as yourself.
    But it's strange you turned your back on the Catholics but for some reason defends them.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 15:17
    They are not even close as you've been shown over and over as none of their common followers do nothing to teach as Jesus told us all to do. They've been told by their Priest and Pope's to just come and sit and put your money in the plate as it comes to you and all is fine. So show us the amount of time and Bible studies they perform with ones not in the ...[text shortened]... But it's strange you turned your back on the Catholics but for some reason defends them.
    here are just a few websites to dispute your assertation that Catholics are not evangelical:
    http://www.catholic.com/
    http://catholicevangelization.homestead.com/
    http://www.flameministries.org/evangelist.htm (you'll like this one...not)
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_caev1.htm

you obviously have access to a computer, and it would be easy enough to verify the false teaching of the JW church that others are not spreading the gospel. The trouble is, if one pillar can be felled, then they all can...so keep your eyes and ears shut real tight lest common sense make its way in...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 16:561 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    here are just a few websites to dispute your assertation that Catholics are not evangelical:
    http://www.catholic.com/
    http://catholicevangelization.homestead.com/
    http://www.flameministries.org/evangelist.htm (you'll like this one...not)
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_caev1.htm

you obviously have access to a computer, and it would be easy en ...[text shortened]... they all can...so keep your eyes and ears shut real tight lest common sense make its way in...
    So you must be Catholic... And history shows the "loving" side of the Catholics version of being evangelical. Accept or you die.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 16:581 edit
    So you must be catholic...
    SURVEY SEZ? BBUUZZZZ! WRONG! just not a catholic hater
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 16:59
    So you must be Catholic... And history shows the "loving" side of the Catholics version of being evangelical. Accept or you die.
    how is that different from the JW doctrine? believe like we believe or rot forever underground😕 death is death
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 17:38
    Originally posted by duecer
    how is that different from the JW doctrine? believe like we believe or rot forever underground😕 death is death
    No I'm referring to the peniltes for ones in the past who would not accept the Catholic church as in death!
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 17:47
    No I'm referring to the peniltes for ones in the past who would not accept the Catholic church as in death!
    again...how is that different? the result is the same.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 20:02
    ANY evidence. Well let me think - Priests - Paedophiles. Yes that's evidence. I think it is. It's a correlation though - maybe there is some other aspect of being a priest I should consider. Tell me - what other aspect of being a priest would account for the number of priests who have been shown to be paedophiles and the number of priests who have been show ...[text shortened]... libate is a paedophile. That would be silly to argue. They have lots of vices to choose from.
    ANY evidence. Well let me think - Priests - Paedophiles. Yes that's evidence. I think it is. It's a correlation though - maybe there is some other aspect of being a priest I should consider

This is not evidence, this is what is called a "hasty generalization".

I go with Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is often a good one

so you also believe in creationism because it is the simpler than evolution?

this is truly ludicrous, basically you're saying that there is no need to analyze things properly in order to make an accurate judgement, just stick to the first thing you can think of regardless of how simplistic and unsubstantiated it may be.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 20:072 edits
    Okee dokee...That's just an opinion and your welcome to that. But ones like yourself have for some reason "mostly out of ignorance usually" have tried to call us that but we're not and just if you may, give me one example in your opionion why were are a "cult?"
    in what way are you not a cult? or a group of heretics and lunatics?

how can you even call yourself a christian?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_regarding_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

oh boy, can you even begin to explain all this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_and_child_sex_abuse

This is so hypocritical its not even funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree