1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 May '08 23:162 edits
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/05/19/fryer.autistic.boy.banned.kare

Shouldn't it be unconscionable for them to deny such a person Holy Communion? He's just as God made him.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '08 23:571 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Shouldn't it be unconscionable for them to deny such a person Holy Communion? He's just as God made him.
    Does it say he has been denied holy communion?
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:27
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Does it say he has been denied holy communion?
    I'm sure the forthcoming VIS article will fully disclose all of those details.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:361 edit
    I'm sure the forthcoming VIS article will fully disclose all of those details.
    Why do you need a VIS article to answer the question? Does this newspiece state that the autistic boy has been denied communion?

I assume you have watched it, so you ought to know.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:41

Fo rizzle! That boy is just like the Garasene demoniac that Jesus dealt with so effectively. Look, here's all they have to do. I could solve this problem in no time flat. What you do is you have to realize that this here boy ain't gonna be satisfied with some little crumb of a communion wafer. I'd give this boy a whole damn loaf of bread and his own damn bottle of wine. He would see that he is special. A boy like that needs more of whatever to feel special. Then I'd have a potted plant up front and tell him he can come up there and pee in it anytime he wants. And after he did that, I would have a little children's sermon about how God waters the earth to make things green so as to feed us. Then if he does all this and behaves himself, I'd give him like a Playboy magazine and tell him to go up in the balconey and occupy himself for being such a good boy. Chuuch!
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:41
    Why do you need a VIS article to answer the question? Does this newspiece state that the austic boy has been denied communion?

It states that there is a standing court order sought by the Church forbidding the child to enter the church property where and when Communion is served. It does not state that the church's priest would serve Communion to the child elsewhere; rather, the mother indicates that they had to go to a different church altogether to receive Communion. If that's not denying Communion, then you're just playing Simon Says.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:43
    Why do you need a VIS article to answer the question? Does this newspiece state that the autistic boy has been denied communion?

They denied him entry into the church. They denied the family what we tend to think of as "the community of believers." I think that is very significant, don't you?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:53
    It states that there is a standing court order sought by the Church forbidding the child to enter the church property where and when Communion is served. It does not state that the church's priest would serve Communion to the child elsewhere; rather, the mother indicates that they had to go to a different church altogether to receive Communion. If that's not denying Communion, then you're just playing Simon Says.
    So it does not say he was denied communion? For all we know, alternative provisions could have been proposed.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:56
    So it does not say he was denied communion? For all we know, alternative provisions could have been proposed.
    I guess priests visit jails to offer communion.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:581 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    They denied him entry into the church. They denied the family what we tend to think of as "the community of believers." I think that is very significant, don't you?
    According to this article, the parish priest had attempted to accommodate for the boy. The family refused.

They've suggested the family go to a different mass or sit somewhere else during mass, and they even suggested getting a mediator involved.

http://wcco.com/local/autistic.son.family.2.726391.html

And in this article,

In an affidavit, Walz said the church "explored and offered many options for accommodations that would assist the family while protecting the safety of parishioners. The family refused those offers of accommodation."

http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=7233
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    20 May '08 00:59
    It says the sheriff was there ready to arrest the mother!

If McDonald's refuses to allow a black man to eat in their indoor seating area and tells him instead that he must hide around the corner in the bushes and a cook will run his food out to him to eat where he won't make the white customers uncomfortable, would it be more accurate to say that this black man has been denied service or that alternate provisions have been proposed?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 01:03
    According to this article, the parish priest had attempted to accommodate for the boy. The family refused.

They've suggested the family go to a different mass or sit somewhere else during mass, and they even suggested getting a mediator involved.

http://wcco.com/local/autistic.son.family.2.726391.html

And in this article,

In an affid ...[text shortened]... efused those offers of accommodation."

http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=7233
    Do you believe the outcome in this case was a "holy moment"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '08 01:05

If McDonald's refuses to allow a black man to eat in their indoor seating area and tells him instead that he must hide around the corner in the bushes and a cook will run his food out to him to eat where he won't make the white customers uncomfortable, would it be more accurate to say that this black man has been denied service or that alternate provisions have been proposed?
    This is not an issue of segregation; the actions of the church are not based on arbitrary prejudice but on a need to protect parishioners.

It might come as a surprise, but restraining orders tend to entail punitive measures against violations. That is what makes them effective.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 01:10
    This is not an issue of segregation; the actions of the church are not based on arbitrary prejudice but on a need to protect parishioners.

It might come as a surprise, but restraining orders tend to entail punitive measures against violations. That is what makes them effective.
    This would be a wonderul opportunity to preach a sermon on rendering unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and unto God what belongs to God.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 May '08 01:322 edits

Yo, Doc, check out this guy's sermon from the first words. I think this would be a good church for this family. What autistic kid couldn't get into this kind of worship. Just leave it to the black man to find Jesus in all things.

YouTube&feature=related

I think if they set this brotha loose in that Catholic church, they would forget about that autistic boy in a hurry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree