1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '08 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your reading of the passage is bizarre (as most of your factual claims are). A kid brings the problem to a teacher, hoping the teacher will fix it for him. The teacher does and there is apparently only one way to do so. I won't bother to debate it with you anymore; the passage is reasonably clear to those who, unlike you, are not ridiculously biased, stu ike the Nazis supported genocide. That difference seems to escape your weird moral compass.
    Your reading of the passage is bizarre (as most of your factual claims are). A kid brings the problem to a teacher, hoping the teacher will fix it for him. The teacher does and there is apparently only one way to do so.

So now you know that Ratzinger brought the problem to the teacher? Just add that to the list of other things you have read into the article. All the article says is that the teacher understood Ratzinger's problem and that he helped Ratzinger avoid meetings. Yet you reach this massive inference that: Ratzinger brought the problem to the teacher and got the teacher to lie. Why couldn't it be that the math teacher knew the problem some other way, approached Ratzinger, and then decided that he would meet his Nazi pals and wrangle it so that Ratzinger would not be marked for attendence? No lying involved and no moral responsibility on Ratzinger's part.

At any rate, the US government doesn't support abortion like the Nazis supported genocide. That difference seems to escape your weird moral compass.

It doesn't matter. Catholics see abortion and the destruction of foetuses (which state governments in many countries promote through embryonic research) as intrinsically evil; they see the embryo as having the same moral value as an adult and the intentional termination of its life as the moral equivalent to killing an adult human being. Nonetheless, they have proportionate reasons to cooperate with government and to even give money to charities which promote abortion and embryonic research. That is acceptable because the benefit of such cooperation is greater than not cooperating.

I don't really care what Jesus said. And I don't want to engage in an exegetical debate with someone who, from the fact that Ratzinger was helped by a maths teacher, concocts an elaborate narrative that Ratzinger must have gotten the teacher to lie and risk his own life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree