1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 17:36
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/08/15/20080815newestnun0815.html

Disgusting and heartbreaking.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 18:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

And totally unsurprising.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 19:09

Neither.
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 20:11

If only her fiance had been better in the sack.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 20:49

Which bit was discusting? And which bit was heart breaking?
    Here is a lady who knows what she wants to do with her life, she truely beleives it and she's going for it. She wants to do some good with her life.

"Disgusting and heartbreaking" Is when people spend their whole life watching TV (that really dose happen beleive it or not) or the Islamic mother proud of her sucide bomber son or the child victim becoming the adult predetator.....there are lots of heart breaking wastes of lives and lots of discusting things going on in the world.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 20:55
    Originally posted by yo its me

Here is a lady who knows what she wants to do with her life
    Until the priests and nuns started manipulating her, and even well afterwards, she knew that she wanted to be a wife and a mother. She seems like a kind-hearted woman that would be perfectly suited to both roles.

For an organization that is so preoccupied with marriage and reproduction, it's puzzling why they would be so quick to encourage an engaged prospective mother to break her wedding engagment and take a vow of celibacy.

You really don't find anything disgusting or heartbreaking about this situation? She's a young woman with every opportunity available to her, and she's trading it all in, all her dreams of being a wife and mother, as a consequence of being manipulated by perceived authority figures during her emotionally vulnerable times, and at the end, she's just going to be another old nun sitting around with the most exciting part of her day being talking to the new recruit about her office job at the bank.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:08
    Until the priests and nuns started manipulating her, and even well afterwards, she knew that she wanted to be a wife and a mother. She seems like a kind-hearted woman that would be perfectly suited to both roles.

For an organization that is so preoccupied with marriage and reproduction, it's puzzling why they would be so quick to encourage an eng ...[text shortened]... exciting part of her day being talking to the new recruit about her office job at the bank.
    I don't really know what nuns do to be honest. Yes it's a sad thing but not heart breaking or disgusting, or is it sad, I'm not sure afterall she really beleives she has been called. What I find a little weird is I thought Catholics are told that God won't speak to them only through Mary- anyway she beleives the Holy Spirit has spoken to her and to not obey would be against God.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:14

Doc, you know what I find? Life is a lot like the Bible. There's all kinds of shizzle in there that doesn't make any sense to you and me, but somehow people find a "God moment" in it. I don't think the last chapter of this story has been written. I think when she enters the convent it will be like when a really hot woman who is all prim and proper goes to prison. There will be a whole lot of "energy" going on if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, speaking of God moments, I found this story recently and found it to be disgusting and heartbreaking as well. It would make a great illustration for this round of the sermon competition on justice.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_NOISY_SEX?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Doc, you know what I find? Life is a lot like the Bible. There's all kinds of shizzle in there that doesn't make any sense to you and me, but somehow people find a "God moment" in it. I don't think the last chapter of this story has been written. I think when she enters the convent it will be like when a really hot woman who is all prim and proper go ...[text shortened]... //hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_NOISY_SEX?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
    LOL that's down the road form me! Really noisy neighbours is something we take seriously here!!!
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:30
    LOL that's down the road form me! Really noisy neighbours is something we take seriously here!!!
    That kind of noise is what God intended. No wonder you all are such a godless nation.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:35
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That kind of noise is what God intended. No wonder you all are such a godless nation.
    Well it's nice to know that people are enjoying it, but kids shouldn't hear it, in my opnion. Becides there was a girl at collage who made a real fuss and one night she confesed she did it for him becasue actually- he wasn't all that and she didn't want him to know, to which my freind said the more wild the screams the less convincing the um well anyway! obsanities aren't nice are they.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:57

In Peru, Parra lived in a poor village for three months, teaching English and helping the nuns.

Too right. No organisation should promote such disgusting behaviour.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:58
    What I find a little weird is I thought Catholics are told that God won't speak to them only through Mary
    They believe that they can speak to God through Mary; God can communicate whatever way he wishes.
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 21:59
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    They believe that they can speak to God through Mary; God can communicate whatever way he wishes.
    Oh I see, thank you.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 23:01

For an organization that is so preoccupied with marriage and reproduction, it's puzzling why they would be so quick to encourage an eng ...[text shortened]... exciting part of her day being talking to the new recruit about her office job at the bank.
    I don't know if you realize this, but if she changes her mind (again) and wants to leave the nunnery, she can. Do you have something against people deciding what they want to do with their own lives?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree