1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 15:08
    Is AIDS God's cure for Catholics? Afterall, the Pope has a firm anti-condom stance. Perhaps AIDS is Catholic population control. After all, someone has to stop y'all from treating vagina like a clown car.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 15:51
    I thought it was pretty obvious that AIDS is God's cure for Africa, not Catholics.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 16:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I thought it was pretty obvious that AIDS is God's cure for Africa, not Catholics.
    African Catholics then?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 17:30
    I thought it was supposed to be a cure for gays...
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 17:53
    I don't understand... it doesn't say anything about condoms in the bible... so why are catholics against it?
    And why is there a pope to tell you what to do? Where does it say in the bible?
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 18:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    This is a common mistake. Homosexuals are smarter than Catholics when it comes to covering th ol' wagon.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 04:411 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    This is a common mistake. Homosexuals are smarter than Catholics when it comes to covering th ol' wagon.
    This brings new and painful meaning to "falling off the wagon"!
  8. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 07:55
    Originally posted by serigado
    I don't understand... it doesn't say anything about condoms in the bible... so why are catholics against it?
    And why is there a pope to tell you what to do? Where does it say in the bible?
    I think it's that rather distasteful and faintly disturbing "spilling the seed" reference that is at the root of it.
  9. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 08:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    got to love god who makes a disease which lesbians are least likely to catch. Maybe he's just trying to boost their numbers?
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 11:25
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I think it's that rather distasteful and faintly disturbing "spilling the seed" reference that is at the root of it.
    The whole idea of condoms is to avoid spilling any seeds. In that sense, they are like bird feeders. St. Francis of Assisi was a bird feeder. I don't see what the problem is.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 12:42
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Thecontext of that reference is that God does not want married men to masturbate, but rather they be intimate with their wives. From a psycological point of view, it might make perfect sense. If a man spends more time choking his chicken and fantasizing about other women, the less likely he will find pleasure with his wife. Physical intimacy is essential to a healthy relationship, it involves both partners to be trusting and vulnerable at the same time. That trust and vulnerability will lead to better communication outside of the bedroom.

Just a thought.
  12. Standard membermdhall
    Mr Palomar
    A box
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 13:05
    Originally posted by duecer
    Thecontext of that reference is that God does not want married men to masturbate, but rather they be intimate with their wives. From a psycological point of view, it might make perfect sense. If a man spends more time choking his chicken and fantasizing about other women, the less likely he will find pleasure with his wife. Physical intimacy is essential to a ...[text shortened]... t and vulnerability will lead to better communication outside of the bedroom.

Just a thought.
    Catholics have always taken the "breed them out" strategy to global conversion.

And your psychology is way off.
    Ask your local therapist if masturbation is unhealthy.

And we wonder why there's lots of sexual deviance in England and the US. A foundation of repression? What?
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 15:391 edit
    i]Originally posted by mdhall[/i]
    Catholics have always taken the "breed them out" strategy to global conversion.

And your psychology is way off.
    Ask your local therapist if masturbation is unhealthy.

And we wonder why there's lots of sexual deviance in England and the US. A foundation of repression? What?
    Not my psycology by the way, rather a different view. Sexual deviancey has nothing to do with the amount of masturbation one performs, or does not. Deviancey is defined by societal norms. What may be appropriate in one society, may not be in another. Certainly there is a lot to be said for opening up( US and British) dialogue on sex, and our "hangups" about sex.

Edit: I reassert however my point on physical intimacey being important to a healthy relationship
  14. Standard membermdhall
    Mr Palomar
    A box
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 15:43
    Not my psycology by the way, rather a different view. Sexual deviancey has nothing to do with the amount of masturbation one performs, or does not. Deviancey is defined by societal norms. What may be appropriate in one society, may not be in another. Certainly there is a lot to be said for opening up( US and British) dialogue on sex, and our "hangups" about s ...[text shortened]... t: I reassert however my point on physical intimacey being important to a healthy relationship
    The link is between sexual repression and sexual deviancy...
    Hangups about masturbation link to sexual repression.

Deviancy is not just about social norms either. Eating other people's feces and being sexually aroused isn't just outside the norm.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 18:26
    Thecontext of that reference is that God does not want married men to masturbate, but rather they be intimate with their wives.

But, in this day and age when women are not chattel, what if the wife
    doesn't want to be intimate with their husbands on a particular evening
    or series of evenings? Or a circumstance because of distance, illness,
    injury, recent childbirth, or other legitimately mitigating factor? Do
    you still oppose masturbation?

From a psycological point of view, it might make perfect sense. If a man spends more time choking his chicken and fantasizing about other women, the less likely he will find pleasure with his wife.

What about masturbating and thinking about your wife rather than turning
    to your 'spank bank,' then? Is this okay?

Physical intimacy is essential to a healthy relationship, it involves both partners to be trusting and vulnerable at the same time. That trust and vulnerability will lead to better communication outside of the bedroom.

Absolutely. And individuals in a healthy relationship recognize that
    mutually-pleasing sexual activity is not always possible or desirable, and
    such individuals will be sexually unchallenged to know that their partners
    occasionally masturbate.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree